Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Fowler to Leicester - Elvis to Mallorca/Mablethorpe

Im sure the £22k is papertalk. He is a very rich man through his business interests and Im sure his next move will be for footballing reasons or else he would have jumped ship and gone to the States or Middle East for a lucrative deal.

I`d loev Fowler here if he stayed injury free but I cant see us buying yet another striker whose fitness is questionable.

Will anybody be happy if he came here? Unlike me..

I`d love to have a modern day legend at our club as he isnt 40 like Teddy or like some others out there and has still plenty to offer if fit. He is I think 32 and has missed over 18 months through injury at times so should have a footballing age of 30 lol. I prabably wouldnt want him and Carl Cort in the squad unless I had plenty of strikers but imagine what someone like Robbie Fowler could teach our younger strikers in training sessions??!! Sappleton, Dodds and the rest would learn plenty about movement off the ball, offside and clinical finishing thats for sure.

I`d love to have a modern day legend at our club as he isnt 40 like Teddy or like some others out there and has still plenty to offer if fit. He is I think 32 and has missed over 18 months through injury at times so should have a footballing age of 30 lol. I prabably wouldnt want him and Carl Cort in the squad unless I had plenty of strikers but imagine what someone like Robbie Fowler could teach our younger strikers in training sessions??!! Sappleton, Dodds and the rest would learn plenty about movement off the ball, offside and clinical finishing thats for sure.

All signings are a risk. And fitness-wise, signing older players is arguably a greater risk. But if you are going to take risks it might as well be with people who really can play a bit.

Stanley Matthews returned to Stoke when he was 46 and immediately helped them to promotion. Not only that but the club was getting pitiful crowds before he arrived and four times as many afterwards.

If anyone could get the Scouse Sniffer to enjoy a new chapter in his illustrious career it's Martin Allen.

Allen's a personality off the pitch but we could do with someone on it as well. Robbie Fowler would do for me.

All signings are a risk. And fitness-wise, signing older players is arguably a greater risk. But if you are going to take risks it might as well be with people who really can play a bit.

Stanley Matthews returned to Stoke when he was 46 and immediately helped them to promotion. Not only that but the club was getting pitiful crowds before he arrived and four times as many afterwards.

If anyone could get the Scouse Sniffer to enjoy a new chapter in his illustrious career it's Martin Allen.

Allen's a personality off the pitch but we could do with someone on it as well. Robbie Fowler would do for me.

My fear with someone like Fowler is that he seems to be a one club man. He didnt do that well at Leeds and was less succesful at Man City. He seemed happy enough o go back to Liverpool knowing that he wasnt going to be first choice so his hunger to achieve success would be a worry. His age isnt a concern to me but with a player who has suffered from so many injuries it would obviously be a real gamble, especially as it would probably mean he would be on the highest wages if we could tempt him here.

Its also more of a risk having signed a player in Carl Cort who has hardly been fit in about 5 years.

Its worth the punt though but I would still try and get a further forward in and maybe look to loan out Fryatt with a call-back option if the likes of RF or CC got injured.

22K for fowler? in that case cardiff are welcome to him. Buying Fowler would mean buying into his experience - and boy has he got experience playing against the best?! he would be worth bout 10 goals over the season just on the knowledge he will pass onto stapleton/fryatt/hume etc.

Now if we are being honest how many games would we expect him to start 10? maybe 15? scoring 7-10 goals at the best of times?

I would say based on what i estimate we pay our players i dont think we would offer him more than 12k Per Week

Im sure the £22k is papertalk. He is a very rich man through his business interests and Im sure his next move will be for footballing reasons or else he would have jumped ship and gone to the States or Middle East for a lucrative deal.

Doubt anyone in the US would match £22k/wk - the sides with the money to do it already have their salary cap exempt players for the season. New England would probably get him if they didn't have a reputation for being incredible cheapskates.

Its still never going to happen mind, as they've clearly just got bored doing actual journalism and copy-and-pasted someone's Football Rumours windups - he'll probably end up at Cardiff.

He is I think 32 and has missed over 18 months through injury at times so should have a footballing age of 30

If this was the case, would Cort have been born yet in football years?

well, if hendrie is offered 20k, fowler would definately be worth 22k. better temperament, more enthusiastic, less mouthy and i would claim less of a money slut too because he hasnt tried to sell himself to every club.... infact, all round better player too... he seems to be more professional with how he has dealt with unemployment also...

The only questions really to consider for me are to do with fitness/injuries. If MM and MA are happy with that side of things i say go for it....

from the people

S-MART MOVE FOR ROBBIE

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

LEICESTER manager Martin Allen is ready to give Robbie Fowler* the chance to extend his career. He will be offered a £22,000-a-week deal to replace £1m Elvis Hammond, wanted by Mallorca.

Allen is also keen on defender Talal El Karkouri, who was released by Charlton.

The People

Didn't someone just invent this rumour about Elvis on Football rumours and now it appears in The Sunday People!!!! :laugh:

£1million for Elvis Hammond** :eek:

Proves you shouldn't believe everything you read

* yes please

** any day

Robbie Fowler could sign for Leicester. If the striker moves he will be joined at the Foxes by former Charlton defender Talal El Karkouri. (People)

So you really think Robbie Fowler is joining us and Elvis is joining Mallorca for a million quid? He might not have made that page himself, but this is just a joke

Guy fform LA Galaxy(or could ba ANY other shit american team with loads of money to spend!!!)

'Hello Mr Fowler..would you be intersetd in Joing LA Galaxy for 100,ooo a week just like your mate Beckham!!!

Mr Fowler--na like,,,im signing for Leicester...like.....cos i wanna play in the Championship...like...... :blink::unsure:

Sorry about the repeats...internet trouble! :dunno:

Sorry about the repeats...internet trouble! :dunno:

Sorry about the repeats...internet trouble! :dunno::whistle:

No worries, I had the same thing last night, you tried to post, yeah and then got the red screen so you had another couple of goes after arrowing back.....

I don't think Robbie particularly wants to go abroad. He barely speaks English, nevermind any other language.

His agent seem to be saying he wants to be in the UK

As for the money motivation, the fella already owns half of liverpool and several business' - one of the smarter investors over the years.

He's got one last club in him at a reasonable level. My head says Sunderland or Cardiff.

My heart says he'll be down Belvoir Drive by friday.

Some decent valid points made Nick. :thumbup:

(Still don't think we'll get him!.....hope im wrong!)

Nor do I, but let me dream a while longer. I would cut off one of my toes to have him for a season or two. I think he would pillage championship defences and set up as many as he scored- he'd also be invaluable to the younger squad members to learn from. :bounce:

Archived