Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Fowler to Leicester - Elvis to Mallorca/Mablethorpe

from the people

S-MART MOVE FOR ROBBIE

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

LEICESTER manager Martin Allen is ready to give Robbie Fowler the chance to extend his career. He will be offered a £22,000-a-week deal to replace £1m Elvis Hammond, wanted by Mallorca.

Allen is also keen on defender Talal El Karkouri, who was released by Charlton.

The People

Didn't someone just invent this rumour about Elvis on Football rumours and now it appears in The Sunday People!!!! :laugh:

£1million for Elvis Hammond :eek:

Proves you shouldn't believe everything you read

Some of these papers are utter garbage and they right some crazy stuff. Whilst Fowler to us isnt that far fetched the Elvis one is simply ridiculous. We should get at leats £2m for the Ghanian one. :blink:

lol! maybe Mallorca thought we didn't have any money since we don't seem to be spending a lot so thought they would just give us 1m? :thumbup:

Stupid I know.

The People is obviously talking shit.

Maybe, lcfc_fan_2007 is a journalist for them? :dunno: haha

from the people

S-MART MOVE FOR ROBBIE

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

LEICESTER manager Martin Allen is ready to give Robbie Fowler the chance to extend his career. He will be offered a £22,000-a-week deal to replace £1m Elvis Hammond, wanted by Mallorca.

The People

Didn't someone just invent this rumour about Elvis on Football rumours and now it appears in The Sunday People!!!! :laugh:

The only way there could be a thread of truth in this is if the Crystal Palace manager has got a new job in Spain! :whistle:

from the people

S-MART MOVE FOR ROBBIE

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

The People

Whoever would pay £1million for Elvis needs sectioning. Or else the fool who wrote this :)

Link

Robbie Fowler's agent has said that eight clubs have shown an interest in the ex Liverpool and England striker. Clubs believed to be in the running include Leicester City, Cardiff and Scottish giants Celtic and Rangers.

The Sunday People believe Leicester manager Martin Allen is ready to give Fowler the chance to extend his career by offering the 32-year-old a £22,000-a-week deal, meanwhile fellow Championship side Cardiff are preparing to offer the multi-millionaire a similar deal.

George Scott who looks after Robbie's affairs told the Western Mail: We've got eight offers on the table and Robbie is considering the lot of them."

"I can't see Rangers or Celtic being an option. They have each got too many strikers on their books and would need to off-load a couple first."

"The one thing Robbie knows he wants is regular first-team football. Could it be at Cardiff? Why not? I think Cardiff, if they have the ambition, is the sort of place Robbie would thrive at. He could supply the goals to get them into the Premiership"

"It is the sort of challenge he is looking for, to be honest. I see Dave Jones has said on TV he is interested if Robbie is available. Well he is available, so we need to talk."

Confident Scott finished off by adding: "I know Peter Ridsdale as well. He has my number."

from the people

S-MART MOVE FOR ROBBIE

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

The People

i know it's funny, but this sort of crap actually really, really annoys me!

You often need a bit of experience so I think RF would be a good signing, however there's more chance of us selling Hume on a free to Quorn than Elvis for 1 Million!

If this speculation is true, and I am taking it with a pinch of salt, I would have to say that Fowler is a proven goal scorer who at this level, if he stays fit, will score plenty of goals. According to Fowler earlier this week he had no interest so to now have eight is pretty amazing.

Would he come here, not so sure, but if he does it will certainly give the opposition defences something to fear. Is that worth £22,000 a week? we'll see if MM thinks so!!

Definately. Just think he was one of the biggest players in the EPL a few seasons back with Liverpool, the first time around you don't just lose that. He'd be quality.

Fookin right he'd be quality. Get him in. :worship:

Update from sky

Cardiff City have confirmed they have made an offer for Robbie Fowler.

Fowler is looking for a new club after leaving Liverpool at the end of last season.

The 32-year-old revealed earlier this week he was open to offers and that he was waiting to hold talks with interested clubs.

Cardiff have made a firm offer for Fowler and Bluebirds chairman Peter Ridsdale is hoping the former Leeds hit-man will decide to move to Ninian Park.

"We have offered an attractive package and are hopeful Robbie will decide to come to Cardiff City," Ridsdale told Liverpool's official website

"I think the calibre of the players the club is approaching shows how much we've progressed."

Cardiff could face a fight to sign Fowler with the player's agent, George Scott, claiming eight clubs are chasing the prolific forward.

"We've got eight offers on the table and Robbie is considering the lot of them," Scott told the Western Mail.

"I can't see Rangers or Celtic being an option. They have each got too many strikers on their books and would need to off-load a couple first."

"The one thing Robbie knows he wants is regular first-team football. Could it be at Cardiff? Why not? I think Cardiff, if they have the ambition, is the sort of place Robbie would thrive at. He could supply the goals to get them into the Premiership"

"It is the sort of challenge he is looking for, to be honest. I see Dave Jones has said on TV he is interested if Robbie is available. Well he is available, so we need to talk.

"I know Peter Ridsdale as well. He has my number."

Archived