Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Notts County Reactions

Pinnapple boy kicked the shit out of McAuley and busted his face in at one point!

And wasn't that Chambers? From the corner?

Yeah was Chambers from the corner, off his head onto the crossbar.

Generally there were far more plus points than minus.

So far our friendlies have produced 9 goals scored to one (own goal) againstand the strength of our defence is down to simple efficiency, determination not to offer free shots and keeping the ball when we win it.

Instead of lofting the ball clear, all our players look comfortable in possession now and are now passing the ball to feet as they move away from our own penalty area. Bruno N'Gotty is the major influence. He looks totally in control. Calm and assured.

A craftsman at work from first impressions.

We have immeasurably more movement. When a midfielder gets possession there are always two or three players making shallow runs which offer a pass option.

Furthermore we are making width naturally but not necessarily with the same players. Indeed there's a consdierable amount of position changing but you never see the Kelly nonsense of our entire team being gathered in a small rectangle on one side of the field like a Roman battle group.

We have more leaders and talkers. People like N'Gotty, Clemence, Kishishev, Wesolowski seem like natural generals and I've never heard Logan talking so much to the players in front of him something that clearly established his presence.

We're getting far more players forward too. Chambers, Stearman, Mattock relish supporting attacks and Weso, absolutely brilliant so far this season, is increasingly showing his creative side, a sure sign of his growing confidence.

County were rubbish, we need to be tested more than that. It's a shame really, i expected a bit more from them.

I thought they did very well actually, Weston was a right nuisance but waw subbed before he could get sent off and Lee was a major threat up front.

I didn't think County were that bad, they were never and should never be troubling us though.

One thing I did pick up on, that hasn't been mentioned and that's Hellings looks like he could be a dirty player. :dunno:

I can't see a future at the club for De Vries or Hammond. De Vries clearly won't head a ball and is I think that's unacceptable.

Sappleton is an animal though, the man quite clearly has been bench pressing Ox's at the gym. He looks like Heskey and like Martin Allen said in his interview, he bearly kicked there Goalkepper out of the stand at one point.

Generally there were far more plus points than minus.

So far our friendlies have produced 9 goals scored to one (own goal) againstand the strength of our defence is down to simple efficiency, determination not to offer free shots and keeping the ball when we win it.

Instead of lofting the ball clear, all our players look comfortable in possession now and are now passing the ball to feet as they move away from our own penalty area. Bruno N'Gotty is the major influence. He looks totally in control. Calm and assured.

A craftsman at work from first impressions.

We have immeasurably more movement. When a midfielder gets possession there are always two or three players making shallow runs which offer a pass option.

Furthermore we are making width naturally but not necessarily with the same players. Indeed there's a consdierable amount of position changing but you never see the Kelly nonsense of our entire team being gathered in a small rectangle on one side of the field like a Roman battle group.

We have more leaders and talkers. People like N'Gotty, Clemence, Kishishev, Wesolowski seem like natural generals and I've never heard Logan talking so much to the players in front of him something that clearly established his presence.

We're getting far more players forward too. Chambers, Stearman, Mattock relish supporting attacks and Weso, absolutely brilliant so far this season, is increasingly showing his creative side, a sure sign of his growing confidence.

I think your right, we attacked as a team today, which we didn't do last season. The younger players bode quite a good outlook for the future.

I'd have liked tto have seen Sheehan today though.

I didn't think County were that bad, they were never and should never be troubling us though.

One thing I did pick up on, that hasn't been mentioned and that's Hellings looks like he could be a dirty player. :dunno:

I can't see a future at the club for De Vries or Hammond. De Vries clearly won't head a ball and is I think that's unacceptable.

Sappleton is an animal though, the man quite clearly has been bench pressing Ox's at the gym. He looks like Heskey and like Martin Allen said in his interview, he bearly kicked there Goalkepper out of the stand at one point.

Mad Dog And The Animal! Leicester shall be feared!

For Lestaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I think your right, we attacked as a team today, which we didn't do last season. The younger players bode quite a good outlook for the future.

I'd have liked tto have seen Sheehan today though.

Me and DavieG said the same but Chambers did need a run out at left back to show mad dog what he can do and whether or not he can definately act as cover if needed.

Logan 6 didn't have much to do came out into no mans land at one point (still think he's poor)

Stearman 7 Solid, looked postive

N'Gotty 8 Class

McAuley 7 Steady

Chambers 6 Not a left back, looked dangerous going forward.

Newton 7 I like newton puts a good ball in and can beat a man

Kishishev 7 Worked hard, gave the ball away neadlessly

Clemence 8 Good player will be very very important if we are going to do well

Hayes 5 Well i don't know what the fuss was about, looked poor porter puts a better ball in too

Hume 7.5 Typical hume performance

de Vries 6.5 Some nice touches good ball to hume

subs:

Nielsen 5 This lads dodgy

Mattock 8 Looked good on the wing beat his man most times

Fryatt 6 easy goal, last time we see him?

Hellings 6.5 Kept it simple

Wesolowski 7 Looks back to the promise he showed 2 years ago

Sappleton 6 Raw vey raw, didn't do alot

Odihambo 6 Had one good run but gave the ball away a few times.

Campbell 6 Created the chance for him self with a good turn, should've done better. Will be alright.

I really like N'Gotty, coolest player on the pitch today. :thumbsup:

I kept thinking "not much hoofball going on!". That's not to say I don't expect it sometimes in the forthcoming season, but some very nice passing at times today.

Sappleton......JEEEZUS :w00t: :scarf: I'd like to see more of him.

Is there new goal music? MA just said he was pleased how the crowd reacted to the goal music because it was new to us?

Yeah Chelsea Dagger - spot on as goal scoring musis i think. Got me a bit of a dance going when Clemence put in the first one

Good times :thumbup:

I really like N'Gotty, coolest player on the pitch today. :thumbsup:

I kept thinking "not much hoofball going on!". That's not to say I don't expect it sometimes in the forthcoming season, but some very nice passing at times today.

Sappleton......JEEEZUS :w00t: :scarf: I'd like to see more of him.

agreed! we now have good options up front! i tought he impressed and actually showed some power and pace which we could do with! did anybody else see him do a heskey slip while warming up lol

Archived