Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Notts County Reactions

Its The Fratellis with the Chelsea Dagger song in case anyone still didnt know.

What is everyones problem with Nielsen. Thought he looked pretty solid! Dealt well with crosses if you ask me and made some good stops. Rushed out at one point but Logan looks much more calamitous in the rushing out department. Punched a cross behind him well and out of danger. Thought he was impressive considering what people are saying on here. Hayes was the only player that didnt impress me to be honest.

(Sappleton to be the new Heskey) :thumbup:

Its The Fratellis with the Chelsea Dagger song in case anyone still didnt know.

What is everyones problem with Nielsen. Thought he looked pretty solid! Dealt well with crosses if you ask me and made some good stops. Rushed out at one point but Logan looks much more calamitous in the rushing out department. Punched a cross behind him well and out of danger. Thought he was impressive considering what people are saying on here. Hayes was the only player that didnt impress me to be honest.

(Sappleton to be the new Heskey) :thumbup:

Both goalkeepers misjudged a situation because of the pace of the ball off the unusually wet surface. Usually a ball skids through in the wet but this one seemed to hold up - possibly because the ground underneath was particularly soft.

Outfield players made mistakes because of the wet too so errors were hardly surprising and not something to be concerned about because all goalkeepers make occasional errors of judgement like that.

The concern about Nielsen from previous games was his inclination to stay on his line and not be dominant or decisive when dealing crosses.

Today there weren't many crosses, if any, into dangerous places where he had to deal with or avoid incoming attackers.

Such crosses as he had seemed straightforward and he dealt with them fine.

There will be far better occasions to judge our goalkeepers than today.

How did i get minuses?Which made me full of woe.Anyone remember Ian Woan?

Yes, ex Tricky Tree left full back. Has a shot like a bullet. Somewhat overhyped and touted for an England place, we must have had some dire left backs at that point in time.......oh Phil Neville played didn't he. :whistle:

talking of the music i aint usually a fan of any music but in fairness chelsea dagger is an absolute cracking song to celebrate to

Supposedly it was MA's idea

MA like the post horn gallop too - Quote 'A word to the supporters who might be expecting me to change everything, everything and everything. I have listened to Post Horn Gallop and i love it! I'm having that!'

The song about Sappleton should have the words "hey big boy" in.

Why am I not shocked that you said that.

Ok, first of Chambers is not a left back, I really do hope he isn't there next season, he struggled throughout the game and kept playing it backwards. I hope this is an area that Allen is looking to strengthen because I think we need to.

Neilsen did himself no favours at all with todays performance I don't think. Although I still think he needs time. :unsure:

Good performance from Stearman I thought, got forward a fair bit to support Newton, who I also though had a good game,

Hume was his usual self and was very busy. He pulled a couple of tricks out the bag to which wad good, took his goal very well as well. Sappleton is definitely a unit, he did well although didn't get much time on the ball.

Clemence and Kish looked a good pairing in the centre, Hayes could go either way this season, he's got the confidence to take people on but the final ball isn't quite there yet.

These two apparently looked good last Saturday.

And wasn't Chambers playing LB today instead of his preferred RB?

Exactly, I know he can supposedly play there, but I don't think it will do him any good there next season. All pre-season he's played right back and done well, why change it?

Archived