Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Manager Speaks

I notice it's described as 'severe' cramp.

Sheehan - 'no one thinks I'm a wuss for going down with cramp, do they?'

Rest of lads - 'Erm... no mate, it was really severe right?'

Sheehan - 'Yeah - it hurt and everything - it was like growing pains - but much worse'

Wussy.

You'll have to take that up with Allen it was he who referred to it as severe not Sheehan

Yes, and thats the important bit.

Yes, you are absolutely right - apart from all of the bits where you are wrong - namely, the important bit is 'country' thereby indicating cross border travel, hence 'going abroad'.

Simply because it is not a sovereign state does not negate this little fact. This is nothing to do with passports and your summer jaunts to Lorette De Mar to drink 12 jugs of sangria, throw up, dance to some Europop and then attempt to climb into the knickers of Drunk Sharon from Bristol.

Legally, England and Scotland are both countries, divided by a border. Crossing said border entails moving from country 'a' to country 'b'. This crossing is often quoted in the vernacular as 'going abroad'.

a·broad (-brôd)

adv. & adj.

1. Out of one's own country.

2. In a foreign country or countries.

3. Away from one's home.

I'm finished now, I actually have no desire to carry on this discussion, especially when I am clearer right and Scotland cleary isn't abroad, how can it be if it's part of the same country as us.

IRONY...... :frusty:

You'll have to take that up with Allen it was he who referred to it as severe not Sheehan

Right. In future, no jokes allowed.

Anything which isn't gospel truth and backed up by at least 2 independent sources isn't allowed.

Jeez - do you want people to actually use this forum? Or is it just for the posting of LCFC OS articles and for everyone to say 'brilliant - that's great!'.

Think on.

Yes, you are absolutely right - apart from all of the bits where you are wrong - namely, the important bit is 'country' thereby indicating cross border travel, hence 'going abroad'.

Simply because it is not a sovereign state does not negate this little fact. This is nothing to do with passports and your summer jaunts to Lorette De Mar to drink 12 jugs of sangria, throw up, dance to some Europop and then attempt to climb into the knickers of Drunk Sharon from Bristol.

Lovely girl, that Sharon.

Very drunk but that's how I like 'em.

Right. In future, no jokes allowed.

Anything which isn't gospel truth and backed up by at least 2 independent sources isn't allowed.

Jeez - do you want people to actually use this forum? Or is it just for the posting of LCFC OS articles and for everyone to say 'brilliant - that's great!'.

Think on.

Tantrums are so unbecoming.

Legally, England and Scotland are both countries, divided by a border. Crossing said border entails moving from country 'a' to country 'b'. This crossing is often quoted in the vernacular as 'going abroad'.

a·broad (-brôd)

adv. & adj.

1. Out of one's own country.

2. In a foreign country or countries.

3. Away from one's home.

As I have said, I'm right, your wrong, F**K off :whistle:

If we become a part of the proposed United States of Europe, does that mean that going from France to Spain will not be "going abroad"?

Scotland should be "abroad" as should Wales.

I refuse to back that up with any fact or argument.

It just is.

If we become a part of the proposed United States of Europe, does that mean that going from France to Spain will not be "going abroad"?

Scotland should be "abroad" as should Wales.

I refuse to back that up with any fact or argument.

It just is.

Sorry that is going a step to far. USE is a bad idea and should not joked about as some tw@t will try and push it through. Blimey MA trying to have a joke and at the same time show respect for our travelling support and in the next breath he is hung drawn and quartered and we have joined the USE!! :frusty:

Scotland is another country as is England. Going from one country to another is known as going abroad. If some of you had actually been listening in your geography lessons you would also know this.

Sorry that is going a step to far. USE is a bad idea and should not joked about as some tw@t will try and push it through. Blimey MA trying to have a joke and at the same time show respect for our travelling support and in the next breath he is hung drawn and quartered and we have joined the USE!! :frusty:

Scotland is another country as is England. Going from one country to another is known as going abroad. If some of you had actually been listening in your geography lessons you would also know this.

Not only was I at school a long time ago but in those days a school day finished at 1530.

So when the Act of Union was signed - 1707, I believe, I was watching Blue Peter.

This is the most boring argument ever.

Quite frankly, I'd rather be reading some head-in-the-clouds bollocks about Levi Porter.

In fact, isn't it about time some 13 year old started a topic on why we should sign Robbie Fowler?

Why can't we move the Kop?

We should move the Kop!

Let's move the Kop!

If they won't move the Kop, why don't all the Koppites just move! That'll show them!

Move the Kop!

We should sing more!

I think that the atmosphere at the Walkers was better.

We should sign Kluivert.

I don't know why we don't just sign Solsjkaer.

Big Brother is really entertaining, let's talk about our favourite bits!!!

Levi Porter, Louis Dodds and Andy King aren't in Scotland because they're all being rested for a tough 46 game Championship campaign.

Don't Hot Hot Heat sound a lot like We Are Scientists?

Or is it the other way round?

Is this what my life has become?

Why must fate mock me so?

If there is a god, why does he offer me no guidance?

If he did, why should I listen to such guidance?

Is there no end to this?

a·broad /əˈbrɔd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uh-brawd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adverb

1. in or to a foreign country or countries

MP Out.

Didn’t Martin Allen the other day say in the Daily Mail “I’ve signed 16 new players, that’s a whole new team with 4 on the benchâ€

Sorry Mr Allen but that actually makes 15. Oh dear.

All this cheeky chappy cockney chit chat will count for bugger all if we lose on the opening day to Blackpool.

Not only was I at school a long time ago but in those days a school day finished at 1530.

So when the Act of Union was signed - 1707, I believe, I was watching Blue Peter.

Grange Hill in my day. One of my first loves was a girl on grange hill - happy days!!!

Archived