Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I've seen that Hay Max stuff on amazon, has it helped you mate?

I get it horrendously bad every year. This week has been a complete mare.

Hard to tell really mate cus I’m using it with everything else ...  I take the Cetirizine one a day (cheaper than a named brand), put the drops in, have a gargle with salty water, suck a strepsil, and bung that stuff round my hooter ...   all at the same time ...   then bung a bit more on at night, more drops and have a sudofed tablet before I go to bed, which helps me sleep ...   made things a lot better but just don’t know how much effect each thing has individually.    I felt so sh1t I used everything I could get my hands on ! ...   :)

29 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Another day of work, another day or serving ungrateful customers. Why do some people have to be so rude? Some people look at you as if your there to be treated like sh*t. 

Its not really how my day was but rather how it's going to be lol 

Oi Harry ! .....   Fook off ! ....   :)

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I know it’s cliche, but don’t take it personally. It’s not you, it’s them. 

Unfortunately some people take their own anger and frustrations out on people who are only trying to help them.

I spent 20 years in retail and served some of the most vile and horrible people imaginable (especially when I worked in Hull and Cov :D)

I came to realise that some people are just struggling with life and scared because they’re not in control. Then when they get into a situation where they’re the customer, they abuse the control to make themselves feel better.

Just do your best mate and be grateful that you’re not a rude person like they are...

Good cop bad cop eh Muzz ....   :)

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

I think I've got my first real case of Hay Fever today, absolutely in pieces. I've had the occasional blocked nose and sore throat in summers gone by but got the full works today lol

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Just about to post about hay fever ! ...    on Monday got it real bad ..  worst I've had it for years and years ..   went to take something and all my stuff was years out of date so had to go out and stock up ...  eyes itching, throat like I had swallowed razor blades, aching all over, sinuses on fire and nose streaming ...   fookin thing !!!

IMG_0783.jpg

My missus used to have hay fever and eczema and an allergy to cat fur like you wouldn’t believe. 

Then we rescued a kitten and she no longer suffers with any of it. 

12 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Had a panicked phone call from my girlfriend at about 5:30 whilst I was at work. She’d taken the cat to the vet, only for the plastic carry case to break on the way back. He made a beeline for the nearest alley and disappeared into a garden. He’s quite a shy moggy.

There are a LOT of terraced houses, flats and gardens in our area of Islington, and a few busy roads. 

Fast forward six hours of searching. About 100 posters, 30 laps of the block and three local friends helping... And we’ve just walked in. He decided to show himself near the area he went missing, calling for attention.

Man, I surprised myself with how stressed I got. He has no idea. Just sat there licking himself. Silly animal.

We had exactly that a few years ago. He went missing for 6 months and we eventually found him about 2 miles from where we dropped him (about 2 and half miles from home) living in the garden of a derelict house which we just happened to walk past one day and saw him. He'd built himself a little den under a pile of wood leaning against the fence and was looking healthier than he had for years. He had really bad paws before but these had got massively better from him living in the elements. Strange.

49 minutes ago, pds said:

We had exactly that a few years ago. He went missing for 6 months and we eventually found him about 2 miles from where we dropped him (about 2 and half miles from home) living in the garden of a derelict house which we just happened to walk past one day and saw him. He'd built himself a little den under a pile of wood leaning against the fence and was looking healthier than he had for years. He had really bad paws before but these had got massively better from him living in the elements. Strange.

Wow, six months? You must've all but given up hope of finding him by that point.

I found the whole experience uncomfortably stressful. Hated the idea of him being lost in the big city. I think that had we not found him last night near where he went missing he would've wondered off and that would have been that. 

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, Buce said:

My missus used to have hay fever and eczema and an allergy to cat fur like you wouldn’t believe. 

Then we rescued a kitten and she no longer suffers with any of it. 

Well, you hear about some far out remedies ..   but hey ho ...   needs must and I'll try anything ...     i'm off out to look for a lost kitten right now !! ...   cheers Bucey ! ...   :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Well, you hear about some far out remedies ..   but hey ho ...   needs must and I'll try anything ...     i'm off out to look for a lost kitten right now !! ...   cheers Bucey ! ...   :thumbup:

There's science behind it, mate.

Hayfever, asthma, eczema and cat fur allergy are all related and are caused by the immune system overreacting to a stimulus; I reckon bringing a cat into the house acted like a vaccine. They've been experimenting with exposing newborns to peanut extract for similar reasons.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/05/babies-peanut-allergies-health-guidelines

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I've seen that Hay Max stuff on amazon, has it helped you mate?

I get it horrendously bad every year. This week has been a complete mare.

Haymax does help a bit with the eye-itching but if you have a scratch you need to reapply, and it seems to take a little while to work. I haven't found it help with my sneezing fits at all

6 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

I think I've got my first real case of Hay Fever today, absolutely in pieces. I've had the occasional blocked nose and sore throat in summers gone by but got the full works today lol

Same here. My asthma is killing me too,I feel like shit and have a 10km in Nottingham in the morning!!!

On 29/05/2018 at 16:12, WeDonWantProhibition said:

Quite a pleasant day, the sun shines outside the window.
I just got up early, I slept well. I ate an English breakfast for breakfast, I played two hours at EVE Online, I called grandma :)
Now I found this forum and registered :-)

6 minutes ago, WeDonWantProhibition said:

I woke up and ate dinner for breakfast, I play Tower Defense flash games all day. Lazy day

Keep us posted on those breakfasts mate ...   and don’t overdo it !! ....   :)

46 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I ask myself every day why my life is just so awful lol

LOL

Yeah...superstar DJ, sports journalist and author of highly acclaimed "Crest of a wave"....Where did it all go wrong???

(Highlight of your career obviously meeting me though!!!)

• Like 1