Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Get a phone call from my neighbour,of which I have never had before,I missed it and thought what the hell has happened.

Tried loads of times.Then tried calling my daughter who should have been home at 1( it was 2) couldn’t get hold of.Started to panic a bit and had images of my house up in smoke!

Daughter called,all ok and not home.

Neighbour called to say and I quote” There was a shitty looking LDV convoy van with blacked out windows and the bloke was having a piss against your door”

i live in on a small cul de sac.

Dirty Bastard.

She got the reg but all I want to do is run his face in it ? 

Rubbish. Was heading to Newmarket, Great Northern can't run a ****ing railway so ended up delayed over an hour meaning wouldn't get there before even the 2nd race. Got angry so got asked to leave Cambridge station, so decided to mill around Cambridge for a bit but it's a rubbish city so went to see Incredibles 2 which was decent. Came back and got absolutely drenched walking back from the tube.

1 minute ago, Harrydc said:

Another drink free day. Shocked myself at how long I havent had a drink. Wow life is boring without a drink lollol 

It's interesting....

I stopped drinking last October so I've been through Xmas, New Year, Easter, half term holidays and obviously the World Cup without a drink.

At first I agree with you that I thought life was boring but now I've completely changed my tune.

I don't miss the hangovers, making a twat of myself or the expense, and if anything, life is richer and more interesting now without alcohol (for me anyway)

I probably drank a lifetimes worth of booze in my 20's anyway so I've had my fill so to speak. Really can't ever see myself ever touching alcohol again...

• Like 3

Guest Harrydc
1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's interesting....

I stopped drinking last October so I've been through Xmas, New Year, Easter, half term holidays and obviously the World Cup without a drink.

At first I agree with you that I thought life was boring but now I've completely changed my tune.

I don't miss the hangovers, making a twat of myself or the expense, and if anything, life is richer and more interesting now without alcohol (for me anyway)

I probably drank a lifetimes worth of booze in my 20's anyway so I've had my fill so to speak. Really can't ever see myself ever touching alcohol again...

That's brilliant mate ,happy for you. I've gone 5 days without one which for me is great having been drinking every day but it kinda feels like there's a massive hole left without it , it sounds bad but that's how it is for me lol 

1 minute ago, Harrydc said:

That's brilliant mate ,happy for you. I've gone 5 days without one which for me is great having been drinking every day but it kinda feels like there's a massive hole left without it , it sounds bad but that's how it is for me lol 

I totally understand mate. I was 100% dependent on alcohol for most of my adult life and rarely had a dry day in over 25 years.

I mainly stopped drinking for health reasons (as well as the other reasons I mentioned) and I'll admit for the first few weeks it felt like something was missing. 

It takes time to change our habits and it's easier if we can quickly replace one habit with another. For me, the biggest factor in filling that hole was joining a gym. I now go 4-5 times a week and feel the fittest I've felt in years. I've also changed my diet and have more energy than I've had in a long time. 

I used to sit at home at night on here and drink a bottle of wine but now I drink water, decaf tea of juice. I know it sounds boring as fvck but I'm used to it now. 

Well done for 5 days on the wagon mate. If you can get to 14-21 days I reckon it will then get easier but the big thing is find something else to fill the hole.

Good luck :thumbup:

• Like 1

Have got to drive down to the south coast in an old truck this week ...   lovely ...   could always put the aircon on ...  oh, hold on, what aircon ??!!   

But, what could be better than that you are thinking ?? ...  how about unblocking a cesspit ...    joy of joys !!  ....    can't wait !   :blink:

On 13/07/2018 at 20:18, Kopfkino said:

Rubbish. Was heading to Newmarket, Great Northern can't run a ****ing railway so ended up delayed over an hour meaning wouldn't get there before even the 2nd race. Got angry so got asked to leave Cambridge station, so decided to mill around Cambridge for a bit but it's a rubbish city so went to see Incredibles 2 which was decent. Came back and got absolutely drenched walking back from the tube.

Mate if you're as near as Cambridge station just get in a fvcking taxi instead of getting mardy at the station staff who have nothing to do with.  It's like half an hour tops.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Mate if you're as near as Cambridge station just get in a fvcking taxi instead of getting mardy at the station staff who have nothing to do with.  It's like half an hour tops.

I'm guessing your sage advice is probably just a little too late, Carl...

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Was I **** paying 30 quid for a taxi

11 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Was I **** paying 30 quid for a taxi

Fine that's your choice.  The staff at the station shouldn't have to put up with you being a total child though.  I mean how embarrassing must your behaviour have been to get kicked out of a train station?  Bloody hell lol 

• Like 4

Guest MattP
On 13/07/2018 at 23:43, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's interesting....

I hope I get to this point one day.

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fine that's your choice.  The staff at the station shouldn't have to put up with you being a total child though.  I mean how embarrassing must your behaviour have been to get kicked out of a train station?  Bloody hell lol 

To be fair train staff can be total arseholes at times.

I've been kicked out of a handful over the years for what I'd class as very minor misbehaviour.