Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Ffs.

I was bitten by an insect while out walking yesterday. It was a bit itchy but I thought nothing of it. Anyway, overnight and during the course of the morning, my calf has swollen to twice the size it normally is, so I've just been to see the Dr. He's decided I have cellulitis, which is a Streptococcus bacterial infection under the skin, and left untreated may be life-threatening. He's put me on a course of strong antibiotics, with instructions to call 999 if I develop a temperature or if symptoms worsen.

From a fvcking insect bite!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Ffs.

I was bitten by an insect while out walking yesterday. It was a bit itchy but I thought nothing of it. Anyway, overnight and during the course of the morning, my calf has swollen to twice the size it normally is, so I've just been to see the Dr. He's decided I have cellulitis, which is a Streptococcus bacterial infection under the skin, and left untreated may be life-threatening. He's put me on a course of strong antibiotics, with instructions to call 999 if I develop a temperature or if symptoms worsen.

I'll bet you did gnat see that coming. :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'll bet you did gnat see that coming. :ph34r:

Your sympathetic response is duly noted, Llama. :glare:

Note to self - add the Llama to hit-list...

Edited by Buce

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

Ffs.

Hopefully the antibiotics will clear it up, but I would take that medical advice seriously.

My ex got cellulitis about a year ago (from cracked skin on lower leg, not even a bite) and ended up in hospital with the early stages of sepsis (temperature, shivering, fast breathing, slight confusion etc.) - the bit that is potentially life-threatening.

Hopefully won't be necessary but, if in doubt, get to hospital. :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

Your sympathetic response is duly noted, Llama. :glare:

Note to self - add the Llama to hit-list...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Get well soon Bucey and please don't hire people to hurt me. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Ffs.

We’re taking the eldest to the docs just after 5 today as she has a bite on her arm and it looks like she is growing another elbow! We live right next to the canal and so all this hot weather means there are a gazillion mozzys about. I’m more concerned that it isn’t a tick bite after reading a news article this morning. The woman was left half paralysed with the loss of sight in one eye and totally lost her speech!!! 

1 minute ago, stix said:

We’re taking the eldest to the docs just after 5 today as she has a bite on her arm and it looks like she is growing another elbow! We live right next to the canal and so all this hot weather means there are a gazillion mozzys about. I’m more concerned that it isn’t a tick bite after reading a news article this morning. The woman was left half paralysed with the loss of sight in one eye and totally lost her speech!!! 

That's interesting - I was down by the canal when I was bitten.

It's unlikely to be a tick bite because ticks don't detach themselves until they are gorged with blood (usually about three days); I assume you've checked her?

Blimey hell,  a colleague was off sick today because her leg got really swollen after an insect bite.  At this rate,  it will be safer to live amongst snakes and spiders in Australia than here. 

1 hour ago, Buce said:

That's interesting - I was down by the canal when I was bitten.

It's unlikely to be a tick bite because ticks don't detach themselves until they are gorged with blood (usually about three days); I assume you've checked her?

Yes mate she’s been checked over. Doctors seems to think they’re horsefly bites. Antibiotics and steroid cream. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

On the subject of illness, I've been to the doctors this morning and have tonsilitis. Ten day course of penicillin for me.

Good thing it just needs some antibiotics instead of an operation. Tonsillitis can be a pain so hopefully, it's gone after those 10 days.

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Finished my first year uni exams today, been a massive hard slog but a giant weight off my shoulders and very excited for the rest of summer now!

hope you enjoyed your first year amongst the studying. Cliche but it's the best year of uni for many and was no different for me. What are you studying? 

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

On the subject of illness, I've been to the doctors this morning and have tonsilitis. Ten day course of penicillin for me.

Get well soon. Been there a few times but never was prescribed penicillin! When I had it I was told if you have 3 bouts of it in a 12 month period you would be able to have them taken out. Had 3 weeks off work when I had mine out and it was timed impeccably for the IPL and 2014 World Cup :D 

1 hour ago, Turbogre said:

My grandad passed away this afternoon, suffered a stroke this morning.

?

Sorry for your loss.

On 02/06/2018 at 22:14, Beliall said:

great, so we have the world cup and stan mentioning his injury every other post, its the bloody shingles all over again!

lol 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

hope you enjoyed your first year amongst the studying. Cliche but it's the best year of uni for many and was no different for me. What are you studying? 

Get well soon. Been there a few times but never was prescribed penicillin! When I had it I was told if you have 3 bouts of it in a 12 month period you would be able to have them taken out. Had 3 weeks off work when I had mine out and it was timed impeccably for the IPL and 2014 World Cup :D 

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you mate, I study Human, Social and Political Sciences at Cambridge - basically politics and international relations, especially as of next year. The year has been amazing, I've done so much and met so many people and by the sounds of my mates at other unis, we've had a bit more work to do too lol but it's been fun to combine studying with such great teaching with all the other stuff a uni has to offer. What did you study?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Thank you mate, I study Human, Social and Political Sciences at Cambridge - basically politics and international relations, especially as of next year. The year has been amazing, I've done so much and met so many people and by the sounds of my mates at other unis, we've had a bit more work to do too lol but it's been fun to combine studying with such great teaching with all the other stuff a uni has to offer. What did you study?

Yeah uni is great for that kind of thing and you sometimes end up making friends for life.

I did Psychology at Brunel. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah uni is great for that kind of thing and you sometimes end up making friends for life.

I did Psychology at Brunel. 

Just so you know, Stan, I've never wanted to fvck my mother.

Edited by Buce