Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just now, foxy boxing said:

Bus crash near Filbert street, I could so easily have been on this bus. Thankfully I wasn't. hope everyone on board is o.k. it happened shortly after nine this morning.

bus crash.jpg

Doesnt look too bad from that angle. More like they wanted to hug it out.  Im sure everyone will be fine but then again im basing this off of how that picture looks.

On 04/06/2018 at 23:43, The Blur said:

Blimey hell,  a colleague was off sick today because her leg got really swollen after an insect bite.  At this rate,  it will be safer to live amongst snakes and spiders in Australia than here. 

its the drop bears youve gotta watch out for ...

Image result for drop bears

6 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Bus crash near Filbert street, I could so easily have been on this bus. Thankfully I wasn't. hope everyone on board is o.k. it happened shortly after nine this morning.

bus crash.jpg

It's like risking your life trying to walk across that road at times.

Not the easiest of roads.

19 hours ago, StanSP said:

What did you do to make him call you that? 

Told the customer their car wasn't safe to drive because the brakes were completely knackered. Her 'mechanic' friend then kicked off with us.

Just now, isaidno said:

Told the customer their car wasn't safe to drive because the brakes were completely knackered. Her 'mechanic' friend then kicked off with us.

why would you do that?

proper out of order, that. Surprised you've not been sacked. 

25 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

So my boss actually turned up at my house yesterday, surely he shouldn't be doing that if I'm off work? 

I guess it depends on exactly what was agreed between you both when you went off on compassionate leave.

My understanding is that it means 'no contact' and you should be left alone to grieve in private. Any company worth their salt would respect this I'd have thought.

If he's calling you at home and turning up at your house then that sounds like harassment and you've probably got grounds to raise a grievance if you wanted to.

32 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

So my boss actually turned up at my house yesterday, surely he shouldn't be doing that if I'm off work? 

What did he say/do when he turned up? 

Is a bit odd to just turn up without discussing it with you. 

14 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I guess it depends on exactly what was agreed between you both when you went off on compassionate leave.

My understanding is that it means 'no contact' and you should be left alone to grieve in private. Any company worth their salt would respect this I'd have thought.

If he's calling you at home and turning up at your house then that sounds like harassment and you've probably got grounds to raise a grievance if you wanted to.

We agreed that I would take a few days off to grieve and spend time with the family. 

I think I will contact my union rep and see what advice they give me, as I now feel under pressure to go back to work. 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What did he say/do when he turned up? 

Is a bit odd to just turn up without discussing it with you. 

To be honest I didn't actually answer the door, I could see on the cctv I have up at my home it was him. 

There's been no discussion about him visiting me at home. 

Sorry for your loss @Turbogre

He shouldn't be turning up at your house, unless you've broken the agreement you had with him. Unless of course he's just popped round to check you're ok.

When are you planning on returning? I don't want to sound heartless, but I work in payroll so I see what people usually take off for a bereavement, and I know what I've done in the past. Most people take a max day or two from a parent, maybe a day for a grandparent, plus the funeral obviously. In 15 years of doing this job, I've never known anyone take the best part of a week. But obviously if he's let you have the week or however long you agreed he shouldn't have agreed it if he wasn't prepared to respect it.

2 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

To be honest I didn't actually answer the door, I could see on the cctv I have up at my home it was him. 

There's been no discussion about him visiting me at home. 

I don't what your relationship is like with your boss, but you sound immediately like you assume he's popping round to drag you back into work. I'd hold off making a complaint as you haven't even spoken to him. It might be completely innocent and just a checking in on you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Sorry for your loss @Turbogre

He shouldn't be turning up at your house, unless you've broken the agreement you had with him. Unless of course he's just popped round to check you're ok.

When are you planning on returning? I don't want to sound heartless, but I work in payroll so I see what people usually take off for a bereavement, and I know what I've done in the past. Most people take a max day or two from a parent, maybe a day for a grandparent, plus the funeral obviously. In 15 years of doing this job, I've never known anyone take the best part of a week. But obviously if he's let you have the week or however long you agreed he shouldn't have agreed it if he wasn't prepared to respect it.

I don't what your relationship is like with your boss, but you sound immediately like you assume he's popping round to drag you back into work. I'd hold off making a complaint as you haven't even spoken to him. It might be completely innocent and just a checking in on you.

Thank you.

I'm planning on returning on Monday, we as a family have had 3 deaths in the last 6 months, my grandma, my brother and now my grandad, and to say it's hit me hard is an understatement, I feel physically and mentally drained from it all and i am currently receiving councilling. I've let my boss know how I'm feeling and he had no objections in letting me having the time off. 

Having said that though, I now feel pressured into returning back work before Monday, and mentally I'm just not ready for that yet.

3 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Thank you.

I'm planning on returning on Monday, we as a family have had 3 deaths in the last 6 months, my grandma, my brother and now my grandad, and to say it's hit me hard is an understatement, I feel physically and mentally drained from it all and i am currently receiving councilling. I've let my boss know how I'm feeling and he had no objections in letting me having the time off. 

Having said that though, I now feel pressured into returning back work before Monday, and mentally I'm just not ready for that yet.

I think that's fair enough then, totally understand. Had he actually asked you to come in then?

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think that's fair enough then, totally understand. Had he actually asked you to come in then?

He hasn't directly asked me to come in, but the way he keeps texting me and and turning up at my house, makes me feel like he is pressuring me into returning before I'm ready to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

He hasn't directly asked me to come in, but the way he keeps texting me and and turning up at my house, makes me feel like he is pressuring me into returning before I'm ready to do so. 

Maybe just talk to him then, might be totally innocent.