Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Maybe just talk to him then, might be totally innocent.

I will talk to him about it when upon returning to work.

I'm pretty sure this isn't normal procedure for your boss to be constantly texting you and turning up at your home when your off work? 

43 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

We agreed that I would take a few days off to grieve and spend time with the family. 

I think I will contact my union rep and see what advice they give me, as I now feel under pressure to go back to work. 

What did your boss say? Perhaps he came over with friendly intentions?

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What did your boss say? Perhaps he came over with friendly intentions?

He didn't say anything as I never answered the door to him.

I just find it really strange that we agreed I would be back at work on Monday, yet he turns up at my home address, I'm pretty sure that isn't right? Even if his intentions were genuine. 

One important question here is what were the texts about?  All we know is he texted a few times and turned up at the door once, based on that information it could be anything from harassment to a concerned boss looking out for their employee.  Did you return any of his texts?  If not that may explain him turning up, again out of concern.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

One important question here is what were the texts about?  All we know is he texted a few times and turned up at the door once, based on that information it could be anything from harassment to a concerned boss looking out for their employee.  Did you return any of his texts?  If not that may explain him turning up, again out of concern.

Tbh, all you need to know is that it's Tincy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Tbh, all you need to know is that it's Tincy.

Well yeah part of me is wondering if the lad simply has a history of finding excuses for being work shy and his boss just wants to make sure he's not taking the piss.  We've all worked with the sort.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Well yeah part of me is wondering if the lad simply has a history of finding excuses for being work shy and his boss just wants to make sure he's not taking the piss.  We've all worked with the sort.

There is no boss.

The whole thing is just another cry for attention.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buce said:

There is no boss.

Jeez, you are cynical bro! 

I believed the fella (but then I would) :(

1 minute ago, Buce said:

There is no boss.

lol I didn't consider that option.  Have to say I'm all for benefit of the doubt until proven guilty but then I'm a soft touch deep down.

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Jeez, you are cynical bro! 

I believed the fella (but then I would) :(

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

lol I didn't consider that option.  Have to say I'm all for benefit of the doubt until proven guilty but then I'm a soft touch deep down.

It's the latest episode in a long line of attention seeking behaviour:

• The 'suicide attempt'.
  • The heroic rescue and seduction of the rape victim.
  • The photo of the 'girlfriend' that was a screengrab.

As @Steve_Walsh5 said, it's the boy who cried, 'wolf'.

Edited by Buce

1 minute ago, Buce said:

• The suicide attempt.

It's the boy who cried, 'wolf'.

In that case, I feel for the kid. Sounds like he needs some help and support to me...

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

In that case, I feel for the kid. Sounds like he needs some help and support to me...

Sure.

There's enough material there for an entire psychiatric conference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

• The suicide attempt.

It's the boy who cried, 'wolf'.

I'd forgotten about 1 and 3 but it's that general behaviour that makes me wonder about the workshyness, but I don't want to jump to conclusions in case there is truth to what's being said, I'm just cautious and think more information is needed before we can say either way (in much the same way that if somebody makes a hoax bomb threat you have to treat it as real until you know for sure it's not).  All told though I tend to agree with Izzy above but it's up to Turbo/Tincy to seek that help.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'd forgotten about 1 and 3 but it's that general behaviour that makes me wonder about the workshyness, but I don't want to jump to conclusions in case there is truth to what's being said, I'm just cautious and think more information is needed before we can say either way (in much the same way that if somebody makes a hoax bomb threat you have to treat it as real until you know for sure it's not).  All told though I tend to agree with Izzy above but it's up to Turbo/Tincy to seek that help.

Fair enough.

Like Izzy says, I'm a cynical git.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

There's always a chance he's telling the truth that's why I've not said anything but I'm not wasting any sympathy on him, I've fell for that 1 before.

• Like 2

I always view these kind of posts, and replies, like you might not be helping the OP, but instead someone who may view it anonymously with the same issue. I've gained loads on here and other places on the internet from people's replies to things that weren't asked by me. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Turbogre said:

To be honest I didn't actually answer the door, I could see on the cctv I have up at my home it was him. 

There's been no discussion about him visiting me at home. 

You probably want to give him an opportunity to explain before you go to your union rep. 

For all you know he's turning up with a  card from your team to say condolences. 

Guest MattP
10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I don't want to sound heartless, but I work in payroll so I see what people usually take off for a bereavement, and I know what I've done in the past. Most people take a max day or two from a parent, maybe a day for a grandparent, plus the funeral obviously. In 15 years of doing this job, I've never known anyone take the best part of a week.

I've not been in the environment for a while but I'm amazed at this. 

If I lost a parent I would never be back in work after a day, I'd be destroyed. I.know age plays a part but never take a week off for it? Genuinely shocked.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

If I lost a parent I would never be back in work after a day, I'd be destroyed. I.know age plays a part but never take a week off for it? Genuinely shocked.

It depends on the circumstances a lot I think. From my experience, most people when they lose a parent are expecting it, so they have probably had a fair bit of time off in the lead up to it. When the inevitable happens a day or two is often enough, and then more time for the funeral. Like you say, age plays a part, but often it's expected, and not a big shock that might warrant lots of time off. 

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Tbf when my dad died ( Saturday)was in On Tuesday,it hurt but called my colleagues round and said treat me as normal,take the piss,joke etc

just wanted to be back to normal as much as I could.

We are an odd bunch in our family where we are quite matter of fact and realise we can’t change anything like that,stick together and move on.

Not a day goes by without a thought though.

it wasn’t this Saturday!!!

Edited by cambridgefox

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

When my grandma died two years ago it took my mum & aunties the best part of a week to sort out the funeral as well as having to cope with grieving. 

My place of work give us a week for Parents & children, 2 days for siblings & 1 day for grandparents.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

When my grandma died two years ago it took my mum & aunties the best part of a week to sort out the funeral as well as having to cope with grieving. 

My place of work give us a week for Parents & children, 2 days for siblings & 1 day for grandparents.

Find it absolutely mental that you can lose a child and be expected back at work the following week :o