Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

So weird start to the day. Just went to do the food shop with the girlfriend and on the way back got to this mini roundabout I drive over and this guy to my left in a mazarati speeds round. So it was my right of way I look at him and he flags me looking furious, I was abit pissed off but carried on home. Anyway I get to my house pull up and get out, next thing I see is him in his car behind me. He gets out and he is massive and is like what's your problem!!!???!! I was like nothing? Then he is coming to hit me and his mate is tells him not to bother. I think it helped as my girlfriend was there. So they then drove off.

Anyway now I am worried as he knows where I like but not sure what I can do? Anyone have any advice?

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So weird start to the day. Just went to do the food shop with the girlfriend and on the way back got to this mini roundabout I drive over and this guy to my left in a mazarati speeds round. So it was my right of way I look at him and he flags me looking furious, I was abit pissed off but carried on home. Anyway I get to my house pull up and get out, next thing I see is him in his car behind me. He gets out and he is massive and is like what's your problem!!!???!! I was like nothing? Then he is coming to hit me and his mate is tells him not to bother. I think it helped as my girlfriend was there. So they then drove off.

Anyway now I am worried as he knows where I like but not sure what I can do? Anyone have any advice?

Buy a couple of baseball bats, one for house one for the car.....

Or report too the police.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I wouldn’t worry. 

If he wasn’t sufficiently bothered to do anything in hot blood, he’s not going to hold enough of a grudge to come back later when he’s calmed down. 

For future reference, you should have noted his registration number.  

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Buy a couple of baseball bats, one for house one for the car.....

Or report too the police.

Yeah not sure what the police would do though.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

I wouldn’t worry. 

If he wasn’t sufficiently bothered to do anything in hot blood, he’s not going to hold enough of a grudge to come back later when he’s calmed down. 

For future reference, you should have noted his registration number.  

Yeah that’s what I am hoping but it is still making me worry. Should have got his reg but just wasn’t looking as to not aggrevate him. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Yeah not sure what the police would do though.

Yeah that’s what I am hoping but it is still making me worry. Should have got his reg but just wasn’t looking as to not aggrevate him. 

Jot down everything you can remember about the car - colour, make etc - while it’s fresh in your mind. Likewise the guy and his mate. If the worst happens at least you give Old Bill something to work with. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Ring police 101 on non-emergency number.

He has no right to follow you home considering you've done nothing wrong and so he's purposely gone out of his way to harrass/intimidate you?

As @Buce said note down tell them anything you can remember. The very least they'll log it and who knows, they may have had similar incidents and another helps them piece together some evidence. 

He may just be a massive cvnt showing off in his Maserati and wanted to make a statement to you. Weird thing to do though to follow you all the way home.

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Shouldn't of looked at him tbf.

Sounds like you got away with it lightly.

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ring police 101 on non-emergency number.

He has no right to follow you home considering you've done nothing wrong and so he's purposely gone out of his way to harrass/intimidate you?

As @Buce said note down tell them anything you can remember. The very least they'll log it and who knows, they may have had similar incidents and another helps them piece together some evidence. 

He may just be a massive cvnt showing off in his Maserati and wanted to make a statement to you. Weird thing to do though to follow you all the way home.

Yeah I think I will do that mate.

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah I think I will do that mate.

Wouldn’t even give it a second thought Una ...    he’s probably had a load more rows with other drivers by now and forgotten all about you ...   and in his mind ‘he’s already taught you a lesson’ when he followed you home ...  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Wouldn’t even give it a second thought Una ...    he’s probably had a load more rows with other drivers by now and forgotten all about you ...   and in his mind ‘he’s already taught you a lesson’ when he followed you home ...  

Yeah that’s what I was thinking like what does he do if someone actually says something to him.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’m not sure where you live Una but if he is quite local I’m sure there won’t be many Maserati’s driving around the area. 

I live in ashby and haven’t seen the car before so I assumed he isn’t local 

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Just forget about it, as has been said he’s probably had more road rage since following you home and completely forgotten about you. 

Sounds like a right nob. 

Not great. I was (and still am, albeit no longer concentrating) watching the WC footie when my wife of 32 years told me she wants to rent a flat for herself and try a period of separation. Nothing to do with the football BTW. It's a serious situation for me. I'm not the easiest to get along with over a long term. My moods and stresses and life events make me a difficult person at times but I'm not an ogre, I'm not aggressive or violent. She's now looking for a rental property on a short term basis in the hope that time apart will result in a definitive outcome. 

Worried what happens next. Never saw this coming.

• Sad 3

Started off with the kids being annoying which then got worse while out shopping for groceries.

Came back home had a nap, woke up had a snack and now laying on the bed  with the ceiling fan and air condition  on watching the game while the kids are outside with the wife  in 33 celsius weather. Hot and hunid out over here but beats the snow any day.

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Not great. I was (and still am, albeit no longer concentrating) watching the WC footie when my wife of 32 years told me she wants to rent a flat for herself and try a period of separation. Nothing to do with the football BTW. It's a serious situation for me. I'm not the easiest to get along with over a long term. My moods and stresses and life events make me a difficult person at times but I'm not an ogre, I'm not aggressive or violent. She's now looking for a rental property on a short term basis in the hope that time apart will result in a definitive outcome. 

So sorry to hear that mate ...  keep cool and don’t over react ...   you probably won’t sleep tonight but just get through it ...   it will make you feel really down, but ...   things WILL get better ...   I promise you.    

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Parafox said:

That's terrible. If it's only a trial separation maybe there's still hope? 

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's terrible. If it's only a trial separation maybe there's still hope? 

I think (hope) there is. She feels we need time apart to get a perspective. She said she wants things to be ok between us but that could mean anything. Thank you for responding Webster.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

So sorry to hear that mate ...  keep cool and don’t over react ...   you probably won’t sleep tonight but just get through it ...   it will make you feel really down, but ...   things WILL get better ...   I promise you.    

Thanks CF. My plan is right now to let things ride and see how it pans out. I guess once I have a clearer idea of where I stand and what's going on, I will be better able to manage this. I'm a bit shell shocked right now. Let the dust settle and  take it one step at a time.

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Thanks CF. My plan is right now to let things ride and see how it pans out. I guess once I have a clearer idea of where I stand and what's going on, I will be better able to manage this. I'm a bit shell shocked right now. Let the dust settle and  take it one step at a time.

Good plan.  You will have plenty of time to sort this out so just try and stay positive...   MAKE yourself stay positive and as you say let the dust settle.   Been there mate ...  it really is just part of lifes up and downs.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I'm sorry to hear this mate. Not sure I can imagine how I'd feel if my wife had said this to me...

Hopefully 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' and she'll soon realise that she's much better off with you than without you.

Hang in there and I wish you best of luck. I hope everything works out O.K. in the end...

• Thanks 1