Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

Every day is pretty awful. In fact it's nearly unbearable but I will stay strong for my kids. I will get through this somehow.

Hang in there Wortho.

If you need help, please reach out, whether that's to professionals, your friends or even us lot on here.

Take one day at a time fella x

7 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

2 job offers to decide on over the weekend. What variables do people consider when trying to decide on one, particularly at an early stage in career? One has a significantly higher financial reward (much higher base salary, better benefits and equity), the other just feels more suitable and draws me in more besides the financials.

the one that you will enjoy most, not just the working, but the life outside of work.

Work to live, dont live to work. :)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wortho said:

Every day is pretty awful. In fact it's nearly unbearable but I will stay strong for my kids. I will get through this somehow.

Good on you, you will do it, it will get better.

talk....talk...to anyone... just talk and stay strong, its not just your family, we need your jokes :)

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Good on you, you will do it, it will get better.

talk....talk...to anyone... just talk and stay strong, its not just your family, we need your jokes :)

Thank you for your message, even about my jokes ?

I am seeing a bereavement counsellor atm but I'm not sure if it's having any effect yet. 

Thanks once again.

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Hang in there Wortho.

If you need help, please reach out, whether that's to professionals, your friends or even us lot on here.

Take one day at a time fella x

I am fine really it's just certain moments. It's a natural reaction to losing someone you loved. My wife passed away a year ago and it's heartbreaking. She was soulmate and it's horrible when half of your life has been taken away. I never knew what grief was before but it's just love with nowhere to go.

Thanks for your reply much appreciated.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Wortho said:

I am fine really it's just certain moments. It's a natural reaction to losing someone you loved. My wife passed away a year ago and it's heartbreaking. She was soulmate and it's horrible when half of your life has been taken away. I never knew what grief was before but it's just love with nowhere to go.

Thanks for your reply much appreciated.

Really sorry to hear that Wortho. My dad and mum were inseparable, definite soul mates. Was very tough when mum passed but with the help of his kids, people in his life he got to a happy place again. It takes time but as others have said reach out to someone, anyone. You seem like a decent guy and will find that place where you are happy again without ever forgetting her. 

Now get back to cheesy joke posting!

17 hours ago, Izzy said:

Also depends how ambitious you are and what your ultimate goal is.

I assume the job with the higher salary has more responsibility? Think about your CV because if you start your career at a 'higher' level you could fast track to a top job much quicker. Assuming the jobs are with different companies, I'd also consider which has a stronger name and reputation in the marketplace which would appeal more to future prospective employers.  

Most young people don't stay in jobs for more than a few years these days. If you're a bit selfish/ruthless at this stage, you could accelerate your career quicker than going with the job that 'feels' more suitable right now. Does it draw you in because it's easier and more comfortable or are you prepared to step out your comfort zone and face the challenge of a better paid job?

You've got your entire working life to find jobs that you enjoy, but while you're young and full of energy you might want to think about how this decision could have a knock on effect later.

Just a different perspective that's all...

Not necessarily, no. The financial difference is more because one is a typical high-growth consumer tech firm that is happy to throw money at people and the other well isn't. The lower financial reward job has as much responsibility, pressure, and is definitely still a challenge whilst is also probably has the more stable but still lucrative medium to long-term path because its more structured, it has study support for CFA qualification, and the people it will lead me to connect with. Which is why I feel it's more suitable, seems safe because the progress is more locked in. The other will be more fun, more stimulating and probably more what I want to be doing but also more life-consuming and the possibility that in 2 years time I'll be barely any further forward.

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Not necessarily, no. The financial difference is more because one is a typical high-growth consumer tech firm that is happy to throw money at people and the other well isn't. The lower financial reward job has as much responsibility, pressure, and is definitely still a challenge whilst is also probably has the more stable but still lucrative medium to long-term path because its more structured, it has study support for CFA qualification, and the people it will lead me to connect with. Which is why I feel it's more suitable, seems safe because the progress is more locked in. The other will be more fun, more stimulating and probably more what I want to be doing but also more life-consuming and the possibility that in 2 years time I'll be barely any further forward.

In that case, it sounds like you know exactly which one to choose :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Really sorry to hear that Wortho. My dad and mum were inseparable, definite soul mates. Was very tough when mum passed but with the help of his kids, people in his life he got to a happy place again. It takes time but as others have said reach out to someone, anyone. You seem like a decent guy and will find that place where you are happy again without ever forgetting her. 

Now get back to cheesy joke posting!

Cheers and many thanks Jattdogg. I have two grown up kids but I can't put upon them as they are going through their own grief. To be honest I don't want to not have the pain that i'm feeling in a strange sort of way. You never know what it is like till you experience it yourself. But really it was my wife who suffered not me. 

Cheers and hopefully I'll post some more "funny" jokes soon lollol

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Cheers and many thanks Jattdogg. I have two grown up kids but I can't put upon them as they are going through their own grief. To be honest I don't want to not have the pain that i'm feeling in a strange sort of way. You never know what it is like till you experience it yourself. But really it was my wife who suffered not me. 

Cheers and hopefully I'll post some more "funny" jokes soon lollol

Its tough no doubt and i hope i never have to experience it. I watched my mum suffer away to a horrible colon cancer experience. She dealt with excruciating pain and it was hard being in the same house and seeing it take its toll on everyone especially her and dad. It's just gone 8 years (5 days ago) since she passed and we are all doing much better (ive since had 2 kids with the wife) but we definitely  miss her terribly every day and know shes in our hearts helping us move forward :)

All the best to you and your family!

22 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Its tough no doubt and i hope i never have to experience it. I watched my mum suffer away to a horrible colon cancer experience. She dealt with excruciating pain and it was hard being in the same house and seeing it take its toll on everyone especially her and dad. It's just gone 8 years (5 days ago) since she passed and we are all doing much better (ive since had 2 kids with the wife) but we definitely  miss her terribly every day and know shes in our hearts helping us move forward :)

All the best to you and your family!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Have you seen Afterlife with Ricky Gervais? It is both sad and funny at the same time, I think it's brilliant and something that I can relate to.

49 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Thanks for your thoughts.

Have you seen Afterlife with Ricky Gervais? It is both sad and funny at the same time, I think it's brilliant and something that I can relate to.

No i have not. Me and movies/tv doesnt happen much with my kids. The footy is about all i have time for but I shall find time to watch that!

Just now, Wortho said:

I should hope not!! How is life in Ontario and have you lived over here?

Was born in Leicester but moved here when i was a little one so pretty much raised here. Been back and forth many times. Still got family in Leicester.

Life in Ontario is good. Currently its hot as heck! Just got into the office and it has to be 30 celsius in here. The facilities team wont show up for another 15 to 20 minutes yikessss. 

But yes, i love Ontario and living here. England has a special place  in my heart and its always nice to visit  and catch city games when i can. I'm over due for a trip but at the same time I'd rather travel and see the world more. Seeing the other threads on top 5 countries etc and I've only been to 5 or so (including canada, usa, england) has me thinking.  I will be going to Jamaica for my big 40th but would like to see other places.

Do you get around much?

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Was born in Leicester but moved here when i was a little one so pretty much raised here. Been back and forth many times. Still got family in Leicester.

Life in Ontario is good. Currently its hot as heck! Just got into the office and it has to be 30 celsius in here. The facilities team wont show up for another 15 to 20 minutes yikessss. 

But yes, i love Ontario and living here. England has a special place  in my heart and its always nice to visit  and catch city games when i can. I'm over due for a trip but at the same time I'd rather travel and see the world more. Seeing the other threads on top 5 countries etc and I've only been to 5 or so (including canada, usa, england) has me thinking.  I will be going to Jamaica for my big 40th but would like to see other places.

Do you get around much?

Not as much as I should do. As you probably heard it was very humid last week 38 degrees on Thursday. The prices of property are high in Milton aren't they.

7 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Not as much as I should do. As you probably heard it was very humid last week 38 degrees on Thursday. The prices of property are high in Milton aren't they.

Yes  i heard. its been hot here quite a bit including today but better than bloody snow!

Milton is a nice family place to live. Median age is around 35 to 36.  Lots of young families, highly educated area so naturally prices will be higher but they are just as high if not higher in all the surrounding areas. House prices in the GTA are an absolute joke. Detach homes in the GTA are basically 800k (£500k) plus unless it needs work or is a smaller detach. 

19 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Yes  i heard. its been hot here quite a bit including today but better than bloody snow!

Milton is a nice family place to live. Median age is around 35 to 36.  Lots of young families, highly educated area so naturally prices will be higher but they are just as high if not higher in all the surrounding areas. House prices in the GTA are an absolute joke. Detach homes in the GTA are basically 800k (£500k) plus unless it needs work or is a smaller detach. 

You get a lot more for your money where you are. The sizes of the properties are huge they would be three times or more expensive in London. It does look lovely.