Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

27 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Driving home with the wife and kids from seeing my folks, and my 9 year old boy in the back seat suddenly chirps up "Mummy, Daddy. What's a cvnt?"

Apparently one of the naughty boys at school said it in the playground on Friday.

One of those classic parental moments that will stay with me a long time :D

I specifically remember asking my Dad the same question when I was about 7 and saw it written on the wall of a public toilet we'd gone into.

My Dad told me it was "a female willy"....which wasn't really a full definition, was it, eh, Dad? Sort of depends whether the graffiti writer had sex or violence on his mind....

What answer did you give? :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I specifically remember asking my Dad the same question when I was about 7 and saw it written on the wall of a public toilet we'd gone into.

My Dad told me it was "a female willy"....which wasn't really a full definition, was it, eh, Dad? Sort of depends whether the graffiti writer had sex or violence on his mind....

What answer did you give? :D

Well after I nearly crashed the car in silent hysterics and the wife had calmed down after going ape shit, she eventually told him that it was a derogatory word used to describe a woman's private parts.

I went on to tell him that if he ever said it in front of a teacher he'd be expelled and if an adult said it at work they'd be sacked. Then I added the Police would arrest you if you said it in public. Basically tried to scare the shit out of him so he never repeats it!

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well after I nearly crashed the car in silent hysterics and the wife had calmed down after going ape shit, she eventually told him that it was a derogatory word used to describe a woman's private parts.

I went on to tell him that if he ever said it in front of a teacher he'd be expelled and if an adult said it at work they'd be sacked. Then I added the Police would arrest you if you said it in public. Basically tried to scare the shit out of him so he never repeats it!

The poor lad will have a lifelong Freudian fear of women's genitals now!

You've eliminated any chance you ever had of becoming grandparents now.....either that or he'll go the other way and become a sex maniac like his Dad!  :whistle:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pds said:

During a kick about on holiday earlier this week my 8 year old suddenly stopped and asked me what a minge was. ?.

Pretended I didn't hear him and smashed the ball past him into the top corner.

You should have said “that son, is a minge” he would look well cool in front of his mates in a few years when scores a screamer.

Oh dear,  these posts have me LOL'ing.

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

You should have said “that son, is a minge” he would look well cool in front of his mates in a few years when scores a screamer.

Imagine the next week whilst playing at school he does just this and says it in front of the teacher lol.

25 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Imagine the next week whilst playing at school he does just this and says it in front of the teacher lol.

lovely minge miss, you put it top bins

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Should have seen some of the minges at the womens world cup.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Putting down floorboards in the bedroom and somebody (not me I would like to add :ph34r:) put two nails through water/central heating pipes. Now on the search for a plumber, also back to work after a week and a bit off. Not the best end to a holiday! 

• Haha 1

On 20/07/2019 at 23:59, pds said:

During a kick about on holiday earlier this week my 8 year old suddenly stopped and asked me what a minge was. ?.

Pretended I didn't hear him and smashed the ball past him into the top corner.

As a young kid,I remember going out to play and the bigger boys kept calling each other twats when they were being stupid.

Tested this new word on my mum when I got home.

She yelled at me and said “do you know what that is.”Think I realised it was wrong,but panic set in and I said “ yeah,you”

That one didn’t end well.Grounded.

• Haha 3

Jobs are like buses. Lost my job in February, was back in work by March. Now I've basically been head hunter by a former colleague who's contacted my about a role where she now works. Her bosses seems keen to see me, and should be seeing them tomorrow.

I'd feel bad leaving after such a short time, and my current manager is going through some pretty bad family issues, but its potentially a £4k pay rise and going back to what I really enjoy, and a busy, vibrant office. I know people will say look after number one and if it's worth it go for it, but doesn't make me feel any less of an arsehole for leaving people in the lurch.

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgefox said:

As a young kid,I remember going out to play and the bigger boys kept calling each other twats when they were being stupid.

Tested this new word on my mum when I got home.

She yelled at me and said “do you know what that is.”Think I realised it was wrong,but panic set in and I said “ yeah,you”

That one didn’t end well.Grounded.

I was getting him ready for bed when he was about 3 and he heard his mum coming up the stairs. He turned to me and said "oh no!, here comes the bitch".

No idea where he heard that, promise it wasn't me but I still use it regularly when she walks into the room.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know people will say look after number one and if it's worth it go for it

Look after number one and if it’s worth it go for it :thumbup:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Jobs are like buses. Lost my job in February, was back in work by March. Now I've basically been head hunter by a former colleague who's contacted my about a role where she now works. Her bosses seems keen to see me, and should be seeing them tomorrow.

I'd feel bad leaving after such a short time, and my current manager is going through some pretty bad family issues, but its potentially a £4k pay rise and going back to what I really enjoy, and a busy, vibrant office. I know people will say look after number one and if it's worth it go for it, but doesn't make me feel any less of an arsehole for leaving people in the lurch.

Mate, if your current employer was struggling they'd drop you like a hot potato, and don't kid yourself they wouldn't.

Do what's right for you.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Cheers Izzy :thumbup:

In all seriousness mate, I do admire your values.

And...you’re not an arsehole for wanting to better yourself and earn what you deserve.

And also...you’re not really leaving them in the lurch. Dealing with staff turnover is all part of running a business and that’s why there’s notice periods.

Plus...I’m sure your current manager has other people to support them in dealing with their family issues so no need for you to feel guilty.

• Like 2