Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Thank you very much, so very happy :)

Gender is to be decided by the child at a later date :)

The child's lucky to be born into such a loving home, congrats Oz! (And of course the parents!) :D 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Thank you very much, so very happy :)

Gender is to be decided by the child at a later date :)

Congratulations Grandad Oz! ;)

Out of innocent interest, at what point is the decision? Or is it kind of rolling dependent on the child's development and preference as they grow up?

Either way best health to your family!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Thank you, we are thrilled, I was going to post in the depression thread, but i didnt want to do the wrong thing in there... but i will say to anyone who is young (13-30 lol) and struggling... we had times where my daughter was literally close to death, first from anorexia during her teens ...and later, in her early 20s...on suicide watch due to depression.

Today, she is a mostly recovered mother of an incredible baby, she is no longer at risk, she has found her place and what works for her and her partner, she is a wonderful human being who makes the world a better place...

I Just want to say to everyone, stay with it, get help if you can.. talk to anyone who will listen, and believe... you are valued and it will get better!!.

Sorry, back on track :) 

To the best of my knowledge, the decision is made when the child decides for themself, so yes pretty much as they grow they will figure who they are.

The goal is that they are not treated differently due to their genitals. 

I know ive been guilty of treating babies/children differently ... eg, "she"  is so pretty, or beautiful, and gets kissed and cuddled... whereas "he" is so strong and brave and gets roughhoused and (gently) punched etc.

I guess it made most sense to me when i asked myself... "why do i want to know if they are a "boy or girl"", "what am i going to do differently if i know that"?

Cheers for the reply Oz, is she the same daughter who married recently? I'm chuffed to hear the recovery she's made, it's an awful series of events to go through but I'm sure it brings with it plenty of life lessons that your grandchild can grow from.

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Cheers for the reply Oz, is she the same daughter who married recently? I'm chuffed to hear the recovery she's made, it's an awful series of events to go through but I'm sure it brings with it plenty of life lessons that your grandchild can grow from.

Thanks indeed it is the same one.  :)

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Thank you, we are thrilled, I was going to post in the depression thread, but i didnt want to do the wrong thing in there... but i will say to anyone who is young (13-30 lol) and struggling... we had times where my daughter was literally close to death, first from anorexia during her teens ...and later, in her early 20s...on suicide watch due to depression.

Today, she is a mostly recovered mother of an incredible baby, she is no longer at risk, she has found her place and what works for her and her partner, she is a wonderful human being who makes the world a better place...

I Just want to say to everyone, stay with it, get help if you can.. talk to anyone who will listen, and believe... you are valued and it will get better!!.

Sorry, back on track :) 

To the best of my knowledge, the decision is made when the child decides for themself, so yes pretty much as they grow they will figure who they are.

The goal is that they are not treated differently due to their genitals. 

I know ive been guilty of treating babies/children differently ... eg, "she"  is so pretty, or beautiful, and gets kissed and cuddled... whereas "he" is so strong and brave and gets roughhoused and (gently) punched etc.

I guess it made most sense to me when i asked myself... "why do i want to know if they are a "boy or girl"", "what am i going to do differently if i know that"?

Firstly, congrats!

On the second point, there was an interesting docu-series on the BBC a couple of years ago along similar lines, focused on a primary school in the Isle of Wight and tackling why boys/girls grow up to be bad at certain things etc and getting boys/girl to look at potential careers that were previously deemed to be male/female only. The girls loved trying their hand at mechanics for example, and really flourished when playing with 'boys' toys like remote control cars etc, improving their problem solving/hand eye coordination. 

Naturally it received mixed reviews on social media. Some were obsessed with the idea that it was another attempt at the BBC to force boys to become girls and the vise versa. Found it on YouTube should you ever find it at all interesting - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Sat at my desk very very hungover.

This was me yesterday. I work in an industry where we work with a lot of different suppliers and they like to all do their fair share of rim licking, which means a lot of expensed food and drink for us...it never used to bother me the next day but as I’ve got older the morning and even full day after now becomes a right struggle. 

Day off today. Me and r lass planned to go to Whitby for the day, weather was terrible so we sacked it off. Decided on the cinema, went to get tickets, no seats available for the film we wanted to watch, so we sacked that off. Ended up being dragged around TK Max and IKEA. :mad:

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Firstly, congrats!

On the second point, there was an interesting docu-series on the BBC a couple of years ago along similar lines, focused on a primary school in the Isle of Wight and tackling why boys/girls grow up to be bad at certain things etc and getting boys/girl to look at potential careers that were previously deemed to be male/female only. The girls loved trying their hand at mechanics for example, and really flourished when playing with 'boys' toys like remote control cars etc, improving their problem solving/hand eye coordination. 

Naturally it received mixed reviews on social media. Some were obsessed with the idea that it was another attempt at the BBC to force boys to become girls and the vise versa. Found it on YouTube should you ever find it at all interesting - 

Superb... part two will have to wait till tomorrow.

Even the simplest parts of it are amazing... Minutes 37-41 show just how unconsciously biased we are.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Superb... part two will have to wait till tomorrow.

Even the simplest parts of it are amazing... Minutes 37-41 show just how unconsciously biased we are.

Thanks

As long as you impose the right football team...

• Like 2

Found out my ex is pregnant.

She was my "first love" if you will, and although we cut ties years ago and we've since evidently gone into happy relationships since... It still felt quite weird.

Gets you thinking, y'know? 

Life, man. lol

Edited by RoboFox

17 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Found out my ex is pregnant.

She was my "first love" if you will, and although we cut ties years ago and we've since evidently gone into happy relationships since... It still felt quite weird.

Gets you thinking, y'know? 

Life, man. 

Least it aint yours, would have some explaining to do!

My first true love (not my first gf) had 3 before i had any. Felt weird but shes a tosser so also didnt give a damn.