Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

Thanks for your thoughts.

Have you seen Afterlife with Ricky Gervais? It is both sad and funny at the same time, I think it's brilliant and something that I can relate to.

I loved that show. Tough to get through at times for anyone who's been around for awhile and experienced loss.

But the good and the funny that still comes through is what we all need to help us.

22 minutes ago, Wortho said:

You get a lot more for your money where you are. The sizes of the properties are huge they would be three times or more expensive in London. It does look lovely.

Very true but who wants to live in london being around a bunch of spurs/chelsea/arsenal fans. Guantanamo Bay has more appeal. Lol

Fun fact, my cousin just got married this year and her husbands family are literally next door neighbours with kante!

Edited by Jattdogg

23 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I loved that show. Tough to get through at times for anyone who's been around for awhile and experienced loss.

But the good and the funny that still comes through is what we all need to help us.

Yes and he's character did change in the latter episodes. They are making another series and I wonder what direction this will go in.

I did watch the first 4 episodes with my son but perhaps he got too upset to watch any more. I can certainly relate to how he felt. I didn't know what grief was until now and I'm old!! As I said earlier what my wife went through was a thousand per cent worse than what I'm suffering, albeit different. Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Interviewed some lcfc players. Had worse days.

Did you ever used to get at all star struck when interviewing players or big figures in the game? 

And are there any particular players you enjoyed or disliked interviewing?

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Did you ever used to get at all star struck when interviewing players or big figures in the game? 

"I think you'll find it's the players and big figures in the game who get all star struck when I interview them"

Geoff Peters 2019

:D

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And are there any particular players you enjoyed or disliked interviewing?

I was a bit star struck interviewing Will Ferrell. Mainly because it was Will bloody Ferrell. And we were in LA. And the interview was mainly about us winning the league.

Generally I'm pretty relaxed interviewing football people - I never take it for granted, I'm lucky to do what I do.

There's more of a buzz when it's a 'bigger name' for sure but you have to be calm and professional as best as possible.

It won't come as any surprise when I say that interviewing Puel was a bloody miserable job.

It was like a charisma-free whispering drone for five minutes and hard to make out what he was saying.

And some people wonder why the players and backroom staff lost the will to live having to hear it every day.

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

"I think you'll find it's the players and big figures in the game who get all star struck when I interview them"

Geoff Peters 2019

:D

Sod off mate haha lollol

44 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I've been offered a job back in Leicester today. I've changed my career direction so the salary can only be described as measly but it's in a field that I want to be in and it's a foot in the door. 

Congrats, hope it goes well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was a bit star struck interviewing Will Ferrell. Mainly because it was Will bloody Ferrell. And we were in LA. And the interview was mainly about us winning the league.

Generally I'm pretty relaxed interviewing football people - I never take it for granted, I'm lucky to do what I do.

There's more of a buzz when it's a 'bigger name' for sure but you have to be calm and professional as best as possible.

It won't come as any surprise when I say that interviewing Puel was a bloody miserable job.

It was like a charisma-free whispering drone for five minutes and hard to make out what he was saying.

And some people wonder why the players and backroom staff lost the will to live having to hear it every day.

Have you ever had any 'awkward' interviews / Who would you say was your toughest interviewee (apart from Puel)?

Bet Ian Stringer thinks you're a rival of his..:whistle:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

47 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Ha, no. Footballers are young and cool, I'm not, so I shouldn't really judge lol

White socks and sliders are very "in" though, certainly judging by Ibiza this year

Boom!  i knew if stayed out long enough, id be back in...now, just  tell me my knotted hankie is the thing

8 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Boom!  i knew if stayed out long enough, id be back in...now, just  tell me my knotted hankie is the thing

I took a day trip to Hunstanton last summer, and the knotted hanky/ string vest combo was very much in evidence. 

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

I took a day trip to Hunstanton last summer, and the knotted hanky/ string vest combo was very much in evidence. 

The first time we returned to england after 25 years in Oz, Our family said they were taking us to Hunstanton... we spent the entire trip looking at signs that said.. "Hunstanton" not realising the "Hun" was "Oon"

Bugger there is NO way to write the pronunciation of the accented U sound

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

The wife came out with part of that sentence last night.

Couldn't believe it when she said she played CB

So she isn’t a keeper than?

PS, I hope she hasn’t got sore bollocks as a result of the weather like me ?

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

So she isn’t a keeper than?

PS, I hope she hasn’t got sore bollocks as a result of the weather like me ?

I would hope she doesn’t have bollox of any kind...