Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

So today, almost a year to the day we got closure after the guy responsible got 6 years followed by a 7 year driving ban for death by dangerous driving whilst under the influence of alcohol. I haven’t posted this in the cvnts thread as the guy is absolutely besides himself and has subsequently ruined his own family as well. Anyway lesson is don’t drink and drive. 

Sorry for your loss and your attitude towards the guy responsible is honourable and generous. There is no-one in all the circles of family and friends and colleagues who aren't affected by the traumatic, tragic death of an individual they know, love and care about. That also applies to the family, friends etc. of the one who caused that death.

Anger towards the perpetrator is natural and those that show compassion for those who never intended to kill, are to be respected for their humanity.

I agree with your last sentence.

• Thanks 1

25 years ago I went to a guy who's bottom lip had been bitten off by his dog. I thought it was something I'd only ever see once.

Yesterday it happened again, exposing his bottom teeth and part of his jaw!

Police came whilst were still on scene and they had to get the guy to sign a disclaimer to allow them to destroy the dog. 

Guy was devastated. Even though he couldn't say so... 

Edited by Parafox

24 minutes ago, Parafox said:

25 years ago I went to a guy who's bottom lip had been bitten off by his dog. I thought it was something I'd only ever see once.

Police came whilst were still on scene and they had to get the guy to sign a disclaimer to allow them to destroy the dog. 

Guy was devastated. Even though he couldn't say so... 

Sounds like he must have really loved dogs.

46 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Sorry for your loss and your attitude towards the guy responsible is honourable and generous. There is no-one in all the circles of family and friends and colleagues who aren't affected by the traumatic, tragic death of an individual they know, love and care about. That also applies to the family, friends etc. of the one who caused that death.

Anger towards the perpetrator is natural and those that show compassion for those who never intended to kill, are to be respected for their humanity.

I agree with your last sentence.

Thank you for that, I dares say you often see the devastating consequences too often, this has left 2 orphaned girls and 2 others without their father, the 2 youngest aren’t even in their teens. The guy himself has a 4 year old, one stupid decision to drive and here we are.

51 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I genuinely don't know how you do what you do and for so long.

I swear to god if someone offered me £500k a year to do your job I'd still turn it down.

You've gotta be made of pretty strong stuff to do your job - and I ain't!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I genuinely don't know how you do what you do and for so long.

I swear to god if someone offered me £500k a year to do your job I'd still turn it down.

You've gotta be made of pretty strong stuff to do your job - and I ain't!

I agree, by accident I’ve seen some pretty horrific things in my life. To do that on purpose frequently, by career choice takes a special person. Fair play.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Izzy mate, I've seen stuff no person outside my job (and the police) would ever believe. From the horrific, to the tragic, the funny, the heartbreaking, the sickening, the ridiculous, the heartwarming, the positive, the negative, the unbelievable, the WTF. 

I've been to some spectacularly mind boggling incidents. For example; On nights years ago, a contractor who was lodging in a place on Narborough Road at Christmas, came back drunk, decided he would climb the scaffolding outside his digs in the snow to get in a window because he's lost his key, then slipped on the sloping roof next to the dormer window and impaled his arse on a metal spike that was part of a guttering snow barrier. We arrived to find blood dripping onto us under the scaffolding. We had to climb up in the dark to get to him and then stabilise him and THEN get him down to ground level to get him to hospital. That will never leave me. Tragic and funny at the same time.

A guy who tried to impress his girlfriend by jumping over the end of the bed and ripping his scrotum half off on the acorn carving. 

The woman early on a Sunday morning who was convinced she'd been impaled in the butt cheek by a spike in her bed. She was obese and a bedspring had popped through the mattress and hooked into her buttock.

The 21 yr old fatally trapped in a burning car only because his trainer had caught on a jagged bit of metal in the footwell.

The 19 yr old who'd been driving too fast and hit a skip left on the road. Killed his passenger. His dad lived 2 streets away. Turned up at the incident. Saw the scene, then yelling for his son. That was tough.

People on the rail tracks, jumpers. Hangings, particularly the younger ones. Children, mad drivers that damage themselves and others for life. 

Old folk that are dying, or have life long illnesses that they will never recover from. 

Every time I go past a particularly difficult scene or address, it always brings it back to me.

As do the humorous. 

Gotta keep it real :thumbup:

I couldn’t do it mate, I’m far too emotional to detach myself from it. I carry things. My wife is a nurse and stories she tells haunt me, I’m a pussy really lol

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

Izzy mate, I've seen stuff no person outside my job (and the police) would ever believe. From the horrific, to the tragic, the funny, the heartbreaking, the sickening, the ridiculous, the heartwarming, the positive, the negative, the unbelievable, the WTF. 

I've been to some spectacularly mind boggling incidents. For example; On nights years ago, a contractor who was lodging in a place on Narborough Road at Christmas, came back drunk, decided he would climb the scaffolding outside his digs in the snow to get in a window because he's lost his key, then slipped on the sloping roof next to the dormer window and impaled his arse on a metal spike that was part of a guttering snow barrier. We arrived to find blood dripping onto us under the scaffolding. We had to climb up in the dark to get to him and then stabilise him and THEN get him down to ground level to get him to hospital. That will never leave me. Tragic and funny at the same time.

A guy who tried to impress his girlfriend by jumping over the end of the bed and ripping his scrotum half off on the acorn carving. 

The woman early on a Sunday morning who was convinced she'd been impaled in the butt cheek by a spike in her bed. She was obese and a bedspring had popped through the mattress and hooked into her buttock.

The 21 yr old fatally trapped in a burning car only because his trainer had caught on a jagged bit of metal in the footwell.

The 19 yr old who'd been driving too fast and hit a skip left on the road. Killed his passenger. His dad lived 2 streets away. Turned up at the incident. Saw the scene, then yelling for his son. That was tough.

People on the rail tracks, jumpers. Hangings, particularly the younger ones. Children, mad drivers that damage themselves and others for life. 

Old folk that are dying, or have life long illnesses that they will never recover from. 

Every time I go past a particularly difficult scene or address, it always brings it back to me.

As do the humorous. 

Gotta keep it real :thumbup:

Im a sick fuk and can witness nasty scenes but it takes a special person to do your job. Sure hope you reach out for help if you ever have a shit day, incident etc. Got to be mentally tough dealing with those things.

• Like 2

Had my first trip down the new A&E building on Saturday night and, amazingly, was in and out within half an hour.

The incident itself was down to propping my laptop on top a mattress, which was leaning against the wall in the bedroom (because I'm a man and that's the stupid kind of thing that we do), I then forgot about it being there and it fell from around 6ft to my head as I sat on the floor doing some DIY. Didn't enjoy the Terry Butcher look, or the 'Where's the guy who's laptop fell on his head?' question from the nurse. 

Really impressed by both the building and the efficiency though. I think my last trip there was a 6 hour job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Had my first trip down the new A&E building on Saturday night and, amazingly, was in and out within half an hour.

The incident itself was down to propping my laptop on top a mattress, which was leaning against the wall in the bedroom (because I'm a man and that's the stupid kind of thing that we do), I then forgot about it being there and it fell from around 6ft to my head as I sat on the floor doing some DIY. Didn't enjoy the Terry Butcher look, or the 'Where's the guy who's laptop fell on his head?' question from the nurse. 

Really impressed by both the building and the efficiency though. I think my last trip there was a 6 hour job. 

I was there a few months ago having had a heart scare (turned out to be viral pericarditis) and they were ****ing amazing when they thought I was having a heart attack and ****ing appalling once they clocked I wasn't. 

What struck me most was that it was chock full of students. Literally like 50/60% were students who'd either done something stupid drunk or were wearing DMU/LU sports kits having had an injury. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I was there a few months ago having had a heart scare (turned out to be viral pericarditis) and they were ****ing amazing when they thought I was having a heart attack and ****ing appalling once they clocked I wasn't. 

What struck me most was that it was chock full of students. Literally like 50/60% were students who'd either done something stupid drunk or were wearing DMU/LU sports kits having had an injury. 

That was generally how it's been in the past when I've been. I did get some annoyed looks when I swanned in and out again in record time by some who had been there for longer, definitely not a job I'd ever want. Particularly on a Saturday night. 

A few years ago I got my finger trapped in an electric hedge-trimmer (good times) and was ignored for hours as I sat alone with my finger hanging off. I can only presume that I was just very lucky with timing (11:30pm on a Saturday night, slightly too early for the drunks, but too late for the household accidents and emergencies) and they perhaps realised it would be a fairly quick job to get me in and out.

Viral pericarditis doesn't look like much fun, I can totally see why you thought you were having a heart attack! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Brilliant :clap:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Mixed!

youngest got his GCSE results.

Now Archie is a bit of a wheeler dealer,lots of natural brains,but can’t be bothered unless it means £s.

So laid back before the exams.Too laid back,and I quote “ What’s the worst that can happen?i can fail”

Got a WhatsApp at 10( I knew things couldn’t have been that great) 

sorry dad I only got 2 (A-C old grades) felt sorry for him as his sister has 3As and a B at A level.

Gave it a while before I called him to say don’t worry,it is what it is etc

just as I was about to.He sent a picture through 8 A-C equivalents.

Chuffed but fuming he could do that.What a ****!!!

Pulled into Tesco’s in Cambridge for a celebrationary piss.Git back to my car and some twat had smashed into the side of my car and obviously driven off.cvnts.

Emotional rollercoaster today.

Had a meeting in Kent today and all day on the radio all I could hear was stuff about GCSE results. They literally mean nothing who the hell cares. Look at me I got shit GCSEs and I’m spending 7 hours driving for a 40 minute meeting listening to the radio discuss 2019 GCSE results. Living the dream.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Had a meeting in Kent today and all day on the radio all I could hear was stuff about GCSE results. They literally mean nothing who the hell cares. Look at me I got shit GCSEs and I’m spending 7 hours driving for a 40 minute meeting listening to the radio discuss 2019 GCSE results. Living the dream.

Well I cared when the **** told me he got 2 for a laugh.

My Mrs is officially the thickest person in our family,however earns the most by lots.

Really doesn’t matter in later years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Well I cared when the **** told me he got 2 for a laugh.

My Mrs is officially the thickest person in our family,however earns the most by lots.

Really doesn’t matter in later years.

Agree not sure why they pressure kids so much on it 

Just now, cambridgefox said:

When you re write your CV just put that,I would employ you just for putting it!

haha, i don’t even have a CV. worked in the same company since i was 18 bar a month i left then came back. 

now if i wanted to leave i would assume my 7 years of experience in the industry would count more than getting a slightly higher GCSE in religious studies. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Agree not sure why they pressure kids so much on it 

Exactly.My timeline on FB whilst the exams were on was a mess of parents saying “ our house is a bag of nerves” “ everyone is stressed”

yeah,because you are causing it.

Teach them disappointment at an early age.Will be plenty of it in years to come.

You have a good work ethic and a bit of common sense and you will be fine.