Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFoxBhoy

Aussie Foxes thread

8.30am??   Live at 11pm (8pm edst) here http://gofirstrow.eu/watch/246949/1/watch-leicester-city-vs-blackpool-fc.html

We moved back in 2010, with the intention of living 10 years in the UK, Lived in Ashby, Measham and Birmingham...I lasted 15 months.... Wy?

Weather

Cost of living

Housing

Opportunity

Attitudes

but most of all...

The egalitarian society that Australia has makes living here, so much better than back England. I couldnt believe the attitudes of employers in the UK (and i dont expect most people who have only lived and worked in england to understand it). But australia's employment is based on a need for good people, so if you are good, you are recognised and rewarded, whereas england is heavily over supplied, which means an employee can be treated like shit, because there are another 100 waiting.

Also, the class system still runs deep in the UK!

Having said that, the football in england is almost enough to overrule all the other stuff and with us sitting top of the league...is a bigger draw than family, history or anything else. Also the English "wit", nowhere in the world is anyone that can match the sharp and funny english people.

Cost of living and housing? Christ I must be living at the wrong end of the country. It costs an arm and a leg to live in Sydney. 

Agree with you about the the football. It's a drag being out here when we're tearing up the league. I spent the last promotion party jumping around the office at 2 in the morning, and I'm well on course to be doing the same this time  :)

Sister in law lives in Perth....sorry to be negative, but God knows why she left Leics to go there....

Leicestershire, best county in England....bar absolutely none, got everything here; beautiful countryside, decent people....and a sporting heritage that's the envy of just about all of the rest of the country. Wouldn't swap living here for a future in Aus even if I got paid to do so.

Don't feel insulted tho, cos I wouldn't move anywhere else in the UK either!

I wouldn't feel insulted in the slightest, each to their own. I absolutely love Leicester and if I didn't love Perth so much I would definitely move back. But Perth is just so good now. Best beaches in the world, most sunniest city in the world, its absolutely stunning here. I couldn't live in any other Australian city though. Agree with Ozleicester the UK system is a bit buggered. At least here in Oz everyone gets treated fairly

Sister in law lives in Perth....sorry to be negative, but God knows why she left Leics to go there....

Leicestershire, best county in England....bar absolutely none, got everything here; beautiful countryside, decent people....and a sporting heritage that's the envy of just about all of the rest of the country. Wouldn't swap living here for a future in Aus even if I got paid to do so.

Don't feel insulted tho, cos I wouldn't move anywhere else in the UK either!

coalville or perth. yeah...that's a tough one.

Try telling that to an Abo. :rolleyes: Have you ever been to Wilcania?

True indeed, the aborigines have (and continue to be) incredibly badly treated, there is certainly progress, but when you are effectively called "non existent" (Terra Nulius) by the invading forces and then subjected to attempted genocide, its really goin to take some time and work to correct it.

Having said that, steps are being taken and (too slow) progress is being made.

• 2 weeks later...

3 of us gathered at a bar in Glenelg last friday night for big session in anticipation of promotion. Turned out to big a very big session - had a cracker of a hangover Sat.

Pic attached - Russ on the left and his 2 kids who moved to Oz last Nov, I'm the good looking bloke in the middle wearing the retro admiral foxes jacket and the bloke on the right off the pic is Brightonfox1 - one of the original "real" Bentleys Roofers.

The Bar (Marina Sunset Bar) is owned by one of my best friends and he is finally organising Fox Sports so hopefully next season we and a few others joining us can watch the mighty Leicester every week at the Bar (except for stupid o'clock kick off times) and make it a bit of an Adelaide foxes gathering spot!

post-6988-0-90659600-1396771412_thumb.jp

Edited by glenelgfox
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mothers Day down under this fine Sunday so did my normal Sunday "hangover" walk for a coffee at 11am - resplendent in the FL champions shirt and fvck me if I didn't have some banter with 1 Leeds fan wearing a LUFC top from the 90's followed by a group of midlands tourists (3 blokes, their wives and kids) who were Forest, Derby and Peterborough. After the initial back and forth they were suitably impressed by the fact I was wearing the shirt in good old Adelaide let alone the fact I am Adelaide born and bred and have never seen Leicester live in the flesh so to speak. Their parting words were of course - "enjoy your 1 season with the big boys".

Edited by glenelgfox

Mothers Day down under this fine Sunday so did my normal Sunday "hangover" walk for a coffee at 11am - resplendent in the FL champions shirt and fvck me if I didn't have some banter with 1 Leeds fan wearing a LUFC top from the 90's followed by a group of midlands tourists (3 blokes, their wives and kids) who were Forest, Derby and Peterborough. After the initial back and forth they were suitably impressed by the fact I was wearing the shirt in good old Adelaide let alone the fact I am Adelaide born and bred and have never seen Leicester live in the flesh so to speak. Their parting words were of course - "enjoy your 1 season with the big boys".

Haha love it

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The SALCFCSC gathered yesterday for a post Palace match / transfer window drink or 3 and to try and find some hope to remain positive about survival. 1 of us is pro-NP , one is anti NP and I am waivering having been a big NP supporter but some bizarre starting eleven selections had concerned me for some time!

This morning was interesting banter between us via texts re the sacking reports but unless we pull a miracle and get 7 points from the next 3 games I can see NP gone and us relegated!

Edited by glenelgfox

• 2 months later...