Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

Here we go again, thanks to the combined forces of iTunes and amazon.co.uk:

Son Volt

Captain

Neutral Milk Hotel

Comets On Fire

The Bees

Twilight Sad

Monkey Swallows The Universe

Of Montreal

White Rabbits

Hideout

My Morning Jacket

Shearwater

Niiiiiiiiice.

We Smell Mighty

True Heaven

Shambolic Melodic

Uncircumcised Philistines

Wee Janey Fleck

The Shebas

Mitochodrian

Jazz Mag

Four Guys and a Bass

The new new wave is here! :thumbup:

what is it with these band names - all awful, and would totally put me off listening to them...

Well I was thinking...

Bands you like, but no one else has ever heard of them... so I thought, if no one else had ever heard of them, you could say what you like and no one should know any different :whistle:

I will admit now though that, when I was a teenager, my bro and I decided that if we were ever in a band (neither of us could play an instrument, but since when has that stopped anyone?) we would call it Uncircumcised Philistines.

Rock on!!!! :punk:

Gravenhurst (but only the latest album)

Bat For Lashes

The Little Ones

Datarock

Battle

Took me a while to get into Bat For Lashes but I'm now coming round to them more. Some amazing tunes, a few others I just don't 'get'. Worth sticking with though. Fur and Gold (the album) is on amazon for less than a fiver now too!

They did a brilliant cover of Bruce Springsteen's I'm on Fire for one of these compilation/covers-type-albums too. Crap recording but gives an idea!

If you like indie rock...

The Duke Spirit - My favourite band playing in Nottingham on the 23rd March.

Archie Bronson Outfit

The Brakes

The Pyramids

also saw the Kills the other night, my friends haven't heard of them but they have no taste!

I saw The Kills support Franz Ferdinand 2 or 3 years ago and thought they were utterly pants and have given them a wide berth since but have recently heard thier new single and really like it.

And how havent your friends heard of them? The fella Jamie is shagging Kate Moss!

If you like indie rock...

The Duke Spirit - My favourite band playing in Nottingham on the 23rd March.

Archie Bronson Outfit

The Brakes

The Pyramids

also saw the Kills the other night, my friends haven't heard of them but they have no taste!

I have Cuts Across The Land - a good album

The other day I was listening to Her Name Is Alive and This Mortal Coil... oldie but goldie! :thumbup:

My friends lead sheltered (Bon Jovi, Brian Adams and dance music) lives...seriously they have no taste at all.

The new stuff by the kills is pretty good but I have a soft spot for the early stuff.

Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams have been around for 25 years+.....they must be doing something right!

I will eat my own words if in 25 years The Kills have had their longevity! I doubt they will though! :whistle:

Just cos they've been around for years does not make it right!

Both those artists are some of music's most talented and respected artists. You may not like them and thats fair enough. I 100% respect that, but you cant take away the fact that they are fantastic at what they do! You dont have their longevity in this business without having the talent behind you!

Both those artists are some of music's most talented and respected artists. You may not like them and thats fair enough. I 100% respect that, but you cant take away the fact that they are fantastic at what they do! You dont have their longevity in this business without having the talent behind you!

I've seen Brian Adams live (cos I fancied a girl in my circle of friends who was going) and I can say he's gash!

I've seen Brian Adams live (cos I fancied a girl in my circle of friends who was going) and I can say he's gash!

Ive seen Bryan Adams Live 10 times, and not once has been "gash" as you call it.

Do you think if he was that bad he would have lasted for the past 25 years and played to so many audiences worldwide.

You can say you dont like his music which is fair enough, not everyone likes everything, but to say hes gash at what he does is nonsense!

currently on the decks is...

Babamars

Imitation electric piano

Art tatum (ok, probably the finest jazz pianist ever, but my frends don't really 'do' jazz')

roger nichols

panda bear (from animal colective)

loney, dear

bergen white

currently on the decks is...

Babamars

Imitation electric piano

Art tatum (ok, probably the finest jazz pianist ever, but my frends don't really 'do' jazz')

roger nichols

panda bear (from animal colective)

loney, dear

bergen white

Only ever heard of Art Tatum, never any of the others though. Shall give them a listen! :thumbup:

Archived