Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

Pink Strip, formal Warning :rolleyes:

are they back together? They has split up last I knew (admittedly that was like 1-2 years ago). Does Chris still play guitars? He works at Intasound, really nice chap.

Their music is wicked too, I have a couple of sampler CDs with about 3 tracks on each.

Dashboard Confessional.

Great band.

Search them on your prefered downloading route. :thumbup:

Thread is called - 'Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them'

Not 'Bands You Like That Were Massive A Few Years Back And Have Since Had Albums Out To Not So Popular Acclaim'

:P

Artists I love

9Lazy9

David Sylvian

Richard Barbieri

Ultramarine

The Black Dog

Plaid

Wagon Christ

Salif Keita

Nasrat Fateh Ali Khan

to name but a few......

What's his solo stuff like compared to his work with PT?

• 2 weeks later...
Long title I know.

My music collection is pretty diverse, but there aren't many 'mainstream' bands but that said I do like a lot of bands that are very popular, springsteen, pearl jam, the jam, neil young, smiths etc etc..

But there are bands I love that my friends have never heard of like:-

10,000 MANIACS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSbGxc4_JXA

DOGS -

THE PADDINGTONS -

THE RIFLES -

THE UPPER ROOM -

blood red shoes -

black lips -

Harrisons -

Maybe my friends just aren't very musically aware.

What about you?s around

p.s. Anyone on here like any of the above bands, if you've never heard of them please check them out?

10,000 maniacs one of the most underated us bands of 80s and 90s with one of the best lead female singers around. meaningful lyrics. Robert Buck great musician too. Several bootlegs if your interested?

10,000 maniacs one of the most underated us bands of 80s and 90s with one of the best lead female singers around. meaningful lyrics. Robert Buck great musician too. Several bootlegs if your interested?

Agreed, Natalie Merchant's got an amazing voice. She gets a bit too 'folky' at times for my personal taste, but you can't knock her vocal ability. :thumbup:

My new band's of the moment are

Cheeky Cheeky And The Nosebleeds

Vampire Weekend (sure some/most have heard of these by now)

Black Kids

The Answering Machine

Crystal Castles

Cut Off Your Hands - my new favourites!

The Loyal Trooper

Health

Late Of The Pier - my new new favourites :P

Lightspeed Champion - Dev from Test Icicles new band you've possibly all heard the hype and its warrented. Lovely Patrick Wolf stylee tuneage.

Murder Mystery

Van She

West Indian Girl

Yeasayer

ONE NIGHT ONLY.

Really good band. I saw them supporting Pigeon Detectives last year, listened to alot of there stuff since and i really like them. Theyve got there own headline tour coming up this month. Im going to pop down to the norwich gig. Checcck them out.

Black Kids

The Answering Machine

Crystal Castles

The Loyal Trooper

Health

Lightspeed Champion - Dev from Test Icicles new band you've possibly all heard the hype and its warrented. Lovely Patrick Wolf stylee tuneage.

Murder Mystery

Van She

West Indian Girl

Yeasayer

bloody racist

I guess it's time to contribute to the "How Cool Are You?" thread :teehee:

I listened to a lot of groups that get labeled as "noise" or "noise-pop" (now, that's a creative tag for a subgenre :rolleyes:) over the past few months. My favorite groups that are going with this sound are:

-Intelligence

-Japanther

-Cheveu

-Tyvek

-Coachwhips

-No Age

I only discovered the crazy sounds of Old Time Relijun last week, but I love it.

Thread is called - 'Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them'

Not 'Bands You Like That Were Massive A Few Years Back And Have Since Had Albums Out To Not So Popular Acclaim'

:P

bitch.

fair point tho....

Black Kids

The Answering Machine

Crystal Castles

The Loyal Trooper

Health

Murder Mystery

Van She

West Indian Girl

Leo sayer

never heard of any of these, but i have to say that list comprises some of, no, actually, the worst band names i have ever heard, except for 'black kids' and leo sayer, but, quite frankly, i think he is rather well known

never heard of any of these, but i have to say that list comprises some of, no, actually, the worst band names i have ever heard, except for 'black kids' and leo sayer, but, quite frankly, i think he is rather well known

Agreed some of them are quite bad names.

Go listen to Joe Lean and The Jing Jang Jong - you might like them cos they sound a bit like the beach boys in some songs, not as much as the Little Ones do mind.

Archived