Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

Only ever heard of Art Tatum, never any of the others though. Shall give them a listen! :thumbup:

bit of a mixed bag, so depends what you like, but all good!

currently on the decks is...

Babamars

Imitation electric piano

Art tatum (ok, probably the finest jazz pianist ever, but my frends don't really 'do' jazz')

roger nichols

panda bear (from animal colective)

loney, dear

bergen white

Pure Class.

And Vampire Weekend. Soooooooooooo Goood!

The guitarist from Vampire Weekend, Rostam Batmanglij used to work for the Oxford English Dictionary and defined the word 'Crunk'. FACTOID!

I'm developing a unhealthy liking for Placebo.

um, and no-one you know has heard of them???

in the spirit of 'claim to fame' season, i met brian molko in the street, in westbourne grove, really short feller

I spose the newest, no ones heard of them but will soon be big band is Team Waterpolo.

They're not bad, i saw them live supporting Joe Lean and werent that impressed but they sound kinda good on mp3. They're really poppy with floppy fringes, kinda Beach Boys crossed with The Killers via The Monkeys.

Here we go again, thanks to the combined forces of iTunes and amazon.co.uk:

Son Volt

Captain

Neutral Milk Hotel

Comets On Fire

The Bees

Twilight Sad

Monkey Swallows The Universe

Of Montreal

White Rabbits

Hideout

My Morning Jacket

Shearwater

I thought the highlighted ones were all really well known?

I quite like Twilight Sad, but not keen on the others.

I spose the newest, no ones heard of them but will soon be big band is Team Waterpolo.

They're not bad, i saw them live supporting Joe Lean and werent that impressed but they sound kinda good on mp3. They're really poppy with floppy fringes, kinda Beach Boys crossed with The Killers via The Monkeys.

ok, where do i sign up!

tho, LFF, this is ANOTHER awful band name, where do you find them....

• 2 weeks later...

got to love a bit of obscurist back patting don't you!

the thing with something being obscure or 'underground' is all relative aint it anyways. depends who you mix with, either on the internet or in real life. i could mention ellen allien to some german techno heads and they'd all spaff their pants, but my friends probably haven't heard of her.

anyway White Williams is good. a bit of a glam/electronica thing.

I don't think Team Waterpolo will be big at all. They won't make it mainstream. They're too similar to every other band now a days. Look See Proof are good but again, are still pretty much the same as all the others.

Not new but The Postal Service are quality.

Little My are the new Los Campesinos. Fact. Well actually, they've probably been around longer, just without the rapid success. But either way, they're rather entertaining and Sellotape is a class little song. Possibly the most twee band in the history of ever.

Archived