Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

Derby

derbyrock.jpg

No, not from the Midlands - Portland, OR!

great tip, just right for saturday morning...

lovely rich production, reminds me a little at times of elliot smith?

"Be with you girl, like being low... hey, hey, hey like being stoned"

What about stuff from the Shoegazing Scene like Spiritualized, Ride etc... before Britpop ruined Indie (barring Supergrass and Pulp)

Also how about Swervedriver and their album Mezcal Head !!!

Swervedriver_MezcalHead.jpg

Loved Ride...and Swevedriver at the Leadmill was one of the finest gigs I've ever been to. Didn't even know they were playing, we just drifted in for a couple of pints.

Anyway - JTB: Subgiant...here

Loved Ride...and Swevedriver at the Leadmill was one of the finest gigs I've ever been to. Didn't even know they were playing, we just drifted in for a couple of pints.

Yes Daggers. Listening to the first track off Global Control as I write and I have to say so far so very good. Reminds me a bit of Death in Vegas with a smile on their faces.

The Dears

Great album, No Cities Left :thumbup:

Seen Ride live at DeMontfort Hall, as mentioned elsewhere. Got all their EPs and the album. I keep meaning to get some Hurricane #1 stuff, but never quite got round to it. But if we're talking shoegazing, then surely My Bloody Valentine were the greatest exponents? Isn't Anything is a great album (though most people seem to prefer Loveless, but that's slightly too over-produced for me)

And what about Slowdive, Chapterhouse and Catherine Wheel? :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got recommend to me Coheed and Cambria from a friend,bought there latest album(no world for tomorrow) and was blown away,so i bought there 3 other albums and there even better.Perfect music,nothing else has a chance these days on my ipod.

Another one is Porcupine Tree.

I recently got recommend to me Coheed and Cambria from a friend,bought there latest album(no world for tomorrow) and was blown away,so i bought there 3 other albums and there even better.Perfect music,nothing else has a chance these days on my ipod.

Absolutely top band :worship:

The Second Stage Turbine Blade :thumbsup:

What are they like? Anything like Porcupine Tree? :unsure:

I don't know Porcupine Tree myself but I like to think of Coheed as kinda pop metal.

Check out either Good Apollo Im Burning Star Iv: Volume 1, or as Mark said Second Stage Turbine Blade

I don't know Porcupine Tree myself but I like to think of Coheed as kinda pop metal.

Check out either Good Apollo Im Burning Star Iv: Volume 1, or as Mark said Second Stage Turbine Blade

I dunno I think In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 is the easiest to get into, but thats cause I started with that :cool:

Second Stage Turbine Blade is my favourite by them.

Archived