Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

I have heard of them. Arent they like electro pop type stuff?

Yeah that's the one. I banged on about em ages ago to my mates and they weren't having any of it. What do you reckon to em?

fleet.jpg

i'm getting into fleet foxes, some amazing stuff, i think their stuff grows, doesn't have the immediacy of the band i started listening to on the same day...

ie....

The explorers club - if you like 60s pop and superb harmonies, they do it remarkable well, and have the songs to go with it.

...have i mentioned The Heavy Blinkers on here yet? they are cool too

i'm getting into fleet foxes, some amazing stuff, i think their stuff grows, doesn't have the immediacy of the band i started listening to on the same day...

ie....

The explorers club - if you like 60s pop and superb harmonies, they do it remarkable well, and have the songs to go with it.

...have i mentioned The Heavy Blinkers on here yet? they are cool too

I love the white winter Hymnal song or whatever it's called on the album it's certainly a grower

Yeah that's the one. I banged on about em ages ago to my mates and they weren't having any of it. What do you reckon to em?

Thought they were ok. I heard them when i used to work in Zavvi. Havent listened to anything by them in about 4 years though. lol

My new band's of the moment are

Cheeky Cheeky And The Nosebleeds

Vampire Weekend (sure some/most have heard of these by now)

Black Kids

The Answering Machine

Crystal Castles

Cut Off Your Hands - my new favourites!

The Loyal Trooper

Health

Late Of The Pier - my new new favourites :P

Lightspeed Champion - Dev from Test Icicles new band you've possibly all heard the hype and its warrented. Lovely Patrick Wolf stylee tuneage.

Murder Mystery

Van She

West Indian Girl

Yeasayer

i know the lead singer's brother... he is good mates with my cousin, so i have like all of their original, unreleased stuff... they are very good

I've recently been informed that Reuben have split up.

Anyone heard of them? I probably posted something about them in this thread but I don't want to trawl through it all again. :cool:

Woeful band.

Im not into hardcore bands, never really have been but i do share your love of a good Thrice track.

Woeful band.

Im not into hardcore bands, never really have been but i do share your love of a good Thrice track.

You need to listen to all of their stuff. Only some of it's hardcore, alot of it ranges from quite intimate, quiet stuff to soaring anthemic sounds.

I reckon you'd like them if you gave them a chance.

Oh, and Thrice :worship:

Archived