Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

Long title I know.

My music collection is pretty diverse, but there aren't many 'mainstream' bands but that said I do like a lot of bands that are very popular, springsteen, pearl jam, the jam, neil young, smiths etc etc..

But there are bands I love that my friends have never heard of like:-

10,000 MANIACS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSbGxc4_JXA

DOGS -

THE PADDINGTONS -

THE RIFLES -

THE UPPER ROOM -

blood red shoes -

black lips -

Harrisons -

Maybe my friends just aren't very musically aware.

What about you?

p.s. Anyone on here like any of the above bands, if you've never heard of them please check them out?

I like Blood Red Shoes. Seen them a couple of times. If you like them, check out The Ting Tings.

I've heard of all of those bands but not really a fan of any of them.

I suppose mine would have to be Shibusashirazu Orchestra (Japan), Ralph Myerz and the Jack Herren Band (Norway), Fujiya and Miyagi (England)

..and Rodrigo y Gabriela (Mexico/Ireland) up until recently when they've started to make it quite big.

But there are bands I love that my friends have never heard of like:-

THE PADDINGTONS -

[/url]

THE RIFLES -

[/url]

THE UPPER ROOM -

[/url]

Blood Red Shoes -

[/url]

Harrisons -

[/url]

Maybe my friends just aren't very musically aware.

What about you?

p.s. Anyone on here like any of the above bands, if you've never heard of them please check them out?

Have heard of those ones up there. Don't think much of Harrisons though. Have seen The Upper Room and they're ok. The Rifles have some catchy tunes though.

Bands who my friends haven't heard of:

The Answering Machine

Assembly Now

Bromheads Jacket

Costello

The Crooks

Cut Off Your Hands

The Getaway Team

Help She Can't Swim

Kill Kenada

Look See Proof

Looker

Los Campesinos

Monkey Swallows The Universe

Right Turn Left

Main recomendations are: The Answering Machine, The Crooks, Look See Proof and Right Turn Left.

Dunno if anyone has heard of Susumu Yukota - he's pretty impressive.

I don't think many of my mates would be familiar with GSY!BE although they seem to be relatively well known round here.

A lot of the music I listen to is discovered through talking to mates and sharing ideas so I can't really think of anything else!

hmmm, well i'm buggered if i'm gonna research you links but heres some of mine:

most japanese bands people haven't heard of:

yoko kanno, aiko, takako minekawa (she's a genious), yae, go!go!7188, maya sakamoto...

some older bands - the free design, four freshmen, hep stars, dawn, 5th dimension

plus some indie stuff like Dear Nora, All Girl Summer Fun Band, reindeer section, aluminium club, high llamas, whitest boy alive

and no one seems to have heard of Jimmy Webb :o

i imagine most of you have heard of some or all of these, but try starting a conversation at a party with one of them....

oh, and Fez, the missus congratulates you on Ralph Myerz :thumbup:

ooh, a new Monkey Swallows the Universe album? Lovely. A mate mentioned them to me last year and I loved it, but I promptly forgot about them.

I'd say Los Campesinos, except they get endless plugs from their mates at the student paper, so I don't think there's anyone left in Cardiff who hasn't heard of them now. Sonic Boom Six and Adequate Seven are two that have/had a reasonable following, except nobody outside that seems to have heard of them. Also, it seems that nobody around here is aware of what's big in Sweden, as nobody seems to have heard of Kent.

All in all, I'm not as indie as everyone else and must hang my head in shame, I think? :(

Guest seanfox778

There is this great band that i've known of for a while there debut single got released on Itunes today

the band is called Officer Kicks and the single is called Dog Day Rush. They also sent me an advance copy of

there album and its very good also.

Long title I know.

black lips -

[/url]

What about you?

Black Lips are playing the charlotte soon, quite odd to watch with all the sick, nob playing guitar antics though

Twin sister- There actually so unheard of i've saw one link about them on the internet. There so damn awesome though

Battleheart/Alestorm - Scottish pirate metal - Not much people are aware of this small genre of music lol

Korpiklaani - Depends the groups you meet but the average joe wouldnt no

Archived