Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't you mean the fine band Eyeless in Gaza?

A band signed to the Cherry Red label in the early 80's.

I often listen to the fantastic Cherry red compilation album Pillows & Prayers.

Always prefered the "Supergroup" albums by This Mortal Coil

Top 5 "I'm really cool as I listen to stuff NO ONE has ever heard of" posters:

General Smuts 35

Alexei 31

Vålerenga 25

The Leading Man 14

Trav Le Bleu 14

Can I just add a name to that list?

Today I downloaded an album of Nigerian funk from the late 70s, absolute diamond stuff.

:whistle:

Top 5 "I'm really cool as I listen to stuff NO ONE has ever heard of" posters:

General Smuts 35

Alexei 31

Vålerenga 25

The Leading Man 14

Trav Le Bleu 14

basking in my own self-importance right now, before going off to listen to Tonto's Exploding Head Band... :cool:

Capdown

fantastic group, supported them on numerous occasions, went to their last ever gig which was the hometown show back in MK

i'm also good friends with 'tiny' tim, shame they broke up

most of the contents of my music library is unknown to just about everyone as it contains some really really obscure scandinavian acts

some of the slightly more mainstream ones are : At the gates, Opeth, Hypocrisy, In Flames, Amon Amarth, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow and Kalmah

one i would recommend to the masses would be Opeth, but be careful with which song you pick, some are beautifully technical acoustic pieces whereas some are epic 25 minute progressive death metal songs. a few 'safe' songs would be porcelaine heart (ignore the heavy intro though), harvest, hope leaves, in my time of need and windowpane

i also have lots of little known local bands (to MK and the area round there) in my library

fantastic group, supported them on numerous occasions, went to their last ever gig which was the hometown show back in MK

i'm also good friends with 'tiny' tim, shame they broke up

most of the contents of my music library is unknown to just about everyone as it contains some really really obscure scandinavian acts

some of the slightly more mainstream ones are : At the gates, Opeth, Hypocrisy, In Flames, Amon Amarth, Eternal Tears Of Sorrow and Kalmah

one i would recommend to the masses would be Opeth, but be careful with which song you pick, some are beautifully technical acoustic pieces whereas some are epic 25 minute progressive death metal songs. a few 'safe' songs would be porcelaine heart (ignore the heavy intro though), harvest, hope leaves, in my time of need and windowpane

i also have lots of little known local bands (to MK and the area round there) in my library

I have one of their songsin my Library :cool: .

Archived