Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

virtual cd swap #2

:D

What can i say the man hit my g-spot with some Brakes action. This was all that shit that turned me into the indie cindy that i am today that and reading the NME instead of Alternative Press.

Brakes are fantastic. Its actually impossible not to like their version of Sometimes Always. Which reminds me I meant to have JAMAC's "Some Candy Talking" in that playlist and totally forgot.

In my defence I hate the NME and there's nothing on there I can imagine seeming painfully bland with the possible exception of The Rakes.

Brakes are fantastic. Its actually impossible not to like their version of Sometimes Always. Which reminds me I meant to have JAMAC's "Some Candy Talking" in that playlist and totally forgot.

In my defence I hate the NME and there's nothing on there I can imagine seeming painfully bland with the possible exception of The Rakes.

I was talking specifically about the rakes in regards to the NME.

Boy Least Likely To, Brakes, Jim Noir, The Rakes, British Sea Power, Art Brut, Interpol, Joy Division, Of Montreal are all NME faves.

How the fook old do you think I am? :angry:

I'm thinking Hives, White Stripes, Vines, Von Bondies era (none of these bands feature.)

Your my age are you not? I think i thought you were Fez or sumink lol

Strokes then? Or is that a bit late.

And Think Tank was out in 2003 so i coulda got 1 right :whistle:

Sorry, have been kinda outta the loop for the last week or so and can't be arsed to read through the whole thread, but can I join in too? (Assuming I've not entirely missed the point of all this?!) Dunno when I'll get round to putting one together though - not really in the mood to trawl through my music right now.. but bound to sort something over the next couple of weeks.

They're numbered! How hard can it be? :P

Yah my WinAmp sorted them automatically anyway as I just put it on track name order, sorted!

I have to say I was surprised mate, I'd say I enjoyed a majority of it and some of it I'll most certainly be saving. Just a shame about Interpol really. :thumbup:

Um. Why wouldn't yousendit work? How big is this?

102mb i think. God knows why its only 2mb smaller zipped than it is unzipped. Its bin going this whole time and now has 7hrs remaining.

EDIT: Yes i've seen what ive done there.

Well lucky for you then Finners there shan't be any Libertines on it. A raw demo of 'Music When THe Lights Go Out' has had to have been cut.

(for your own personal usage,)

Waheyyyy.

I'll stop that now.

For me I'd lose the Akron/Family song, that's probably the weakest on there. Favourite's difficult. Either Two-Headed Boy Part Two or the monster closing track.

Also for what it's worth I wish I'd included either an MBV track or Thom Yorke's "The Drunkk Machine". Or Simian Mobile Disco's "Sleep Deprivation". All of which I stacked up to be in it originally.

In fact when we're done with this I might have to do a whole new 40-minute one just for stuff I couldn't get on the first time.

More like as not, I'd lose BBC Sound Effect Volume 3 - Annoying Child With Drum.

My favourite is, was and always will be Leadbelly. Delta blues takes me to a different place, songs bleeding emotion and yet simplicity personified without which no popular music would exist.

Archived