Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Do you prefer Indie Rock or Rap/RnB?

Rock Or RnB?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rock Or RnB?

• Indie Rock, Alternative etc....
    • Rnb/Rap etc...

have you ever ordered from discogs?

I have seen something else rare on there I want but was unsure how good/reliable it was

Never ordered from them but their site looks relatively safe?

I really appreciate you uploading those UNKLE mixes especially if I can't even get you a copy of Blazing the Crop! Bear with me, if needs be I'll get it off one of my mates the next time I see them...

who is this by? - of course, good lyrics are essential in good rap music, otherwise, whats the point, but the music plays a part, too much of rap music has very lazy production values and poor musicality, s e interesting to see what this is up against.

i have some electronicy tracks that i'd love some one to rap over, if anyone is interested...? :unsure:

You are right about that. If it doesn't have a half decent beat and nice flow, then it won't attract anybody, regardless how good the lyrics are.

These lot are an underground group called Jedi Mind Tricks. They've produced some good stuff, but unfortunately been over looked by the mainstream media.

I have to say, I really hate it when people ask me, "what kind of music do you like?"

My usual reply is, "good music."

To which they usually say, "yeah, but what kind of music?"

And then the answer is, "any kind, so long as it's good."

"But what bands do you like?"

At which point I reel off a list of bands they've never heard of, just to shut them up!

I may be wrong, but from what i've heard of hip hop and all that, the lyrics seem to be describing how and who they shagged last week. :whistle:

If you wanna play like that then Indies all about who they fell in love with/fell out of love with last week.

With all this hiphop, what are peoples views on grime?

I know the grime scene wouldnt be happy about being likened to hiphop but the links are there.

So views...?

I see where your coming from the links are indeed there with the similar style of lyrics but 'spat' at a much higher tempo on a must faster beat.

Then again i'm a grimehead extreme so my opinion wouldn't be really valid :P

One thing that annoys me is people have the same bars for like a year, or in Skeptas case about 4 years. Come on Junior, Bossmans been out of jail for a long time now.

If you wanna play like that then Indies all about who they fell in love with/fell out of love with last week.

I see where your coming from the links are indeed there with the similar style of lyrics but 'spat' at a much higher tempo on a must faster beat.

Then again i'm a grimehead extreme so my opinion wouldn't be really valid :P

One thing that annoys me is people have the same bars for like a year, or in Skeptas case about 4 years. Come on Junior, Bossmans been out of jail for a long time now.

I agree with the Skepta bit :giggle:

But im a big fan of his, im finding that the artists on the Grime scene are alot hungrier than mainstream hiphop artists thus making the quality of there music a lot better.

But i dont think that the British Urban scene will ever be accepted by the mainstream or the media for that, its got the quality to do it there, but the background and strereotype of it holds it back.

What about Dance/House music - no option for that.

RnB is a lot better than Indie IMO

The poll isn't asking what your favourite genre is. It's asking whether you prefer Indie, or RnB.

Archived