Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Exciting monthly benefits for season ticket holders

NO offense meant like, but what do the foxestrust actually do?

They kick arse!

Daggers- im sure Lisa (or me if you get REALLY desperate!)will ask something on your behalf at the next FCC meeting(For what its worth) but like the foxestrust say the next meeting might be Nov/Dec.

You might even get a reply by then!!! :D

This issue has dragged on far too long & waiting for the next FCC (probably mid Nov earliest) would add even more time delay.

We are actively pushing for answers this week

I've just had a look at your website and cannot find any information about this topic. If you do have any kind of conversation with the club (good luck after our attempts!), will you cascade the responses on here?

This issue has dragged on far too long & waiting for the next FCC (probably mid Nov earliest) would add even more time delay.

We are actively pushing for answers this week

Thank you.

There more people who are pushing the club into issuing an apology, a statement or any kind of response is only to be welcomed.

Please let me have your contact number and a convenient time to call and I will be in touch and list the benefits already issued and plans for future months.

I have appointments during the day at intervals tomorrow and I do not mind calling out of office hours.

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response as I have been away from the office.

Thank you.

Peter

Peter Jones

Supporter Relations Manager

0116 229 4527

Thank you for your reply Peter,

I am sorry but I check-out at the point where you say you wish to "list the benefits already issued". If you or the club seriously expect anyone currently holding a season ticket to believe that anything done to date in any way forms part of the monthly benefits previously promised then you/they will be disappointed. It does not. I am fully aware of promotions run to date which benefited only a tiny proportion of ST holders including an offer in the club shop during a weekend where any ST holder outside of Leicester would have been unable to get there!

The delay, the absence of explanation and the lack of an apology by the club is simply unacceptable.,

Rather than a phone call to me about plans for future months I would like to see a public statement about the five month backlog of benefits and an up front indication from the club to ST holders about what will be happening in the future.

I fully appreciate that you may find yourself between a rock and a hard place - but I do not seek mollification from yourself, I want my club to treat me and my fellow ST holders with dignity and respect, and to honour its commitments.

Once again, thank you for your reply and I hope you can pass on this message to Lee Hoos and Milan Mandaric.

Regards,

Also, I believe that some of the FT members attend regular meetings with the club. Has this been raised in the past? If not, can we get the topic on a future agenda.

I have emailed asking what is going on, but haven't heard anything yet.

We have had a reply, which like the one to Daggers, refers to initiatives that have already taken place.

Again like Daggers, we have now questioned what this refers to, as we are aware of none to date.

If anything has been actioned by the club believing it to be one of the monthly benefits, then the marketing of such has been so subtle it seems to have escaped the notice of all ST's or to put it another way - it hasn't been marketed at all if the target audience (us fans) don't know it has taken place

We have suggested any future benefit should be clearly promoted as "This month's ST benefit"

We expected monthly benefits, clearly labelled on the tin, our expectation was that some months the benefits would have been minor, and then a few that some fans really felt worth having.

We have had a reply, which like the one to Daggers, refers to initiatives that have already taken place.

Again like Daggers, we have now questioned what this refers to, as we are aware of none to date.

If anything has been actioned by the club believing it to be one of the monthly benefits, then the marketing of such has been so subtle it seems to have escaped the notice of all ST's or to put it another way - it hasn't been marketed at all if the target audience (us fans) don't know it has taken place

We have suggested any future benefit should be clearly promoted as "This month's ST benefit"

We expected monthly benefits, clearly labelled on the tin, our expectation was that some months the benefits would have been minor, and then a few that some fans really felt worth having.

Clearly, from the club's perspective, this hasn't been thought through whatsoever, or indeed planned. As you suggest, as a STH, I'm not expecting a monthly dinner with the player of my choice or a starting place in the senior team (although I might be able to put a few more away than our current strike force :whistle:)

Offering upgrades, like the pre-season Birmingham game, are not practical currently (even in the paint pot cup) and giving extra discount from the megastore during a weekend when we weren't playing has left a bad taste.

Sometimes, minor things can make a difference (ask my wife!). I particularly liked Martin Allen's regular updates on the official site last season (informing us of how training has been going, who's doing well etc). Why not get Nigel Pearson to do this via a STH exclusive e-mail. It won't cost the club a lot in the way of money or time and will help keep us informed and feel closer to the team. We get very little currently in the way of injury updates and overall team news. This could be solved via a regular, exclusve, update.

STH exclusive raffles could be another option. A monthly winner could be drawn (based on STH reference numbers) and a small prize awarded. Anything from merchandise, a free tour of the stadium, to sitting on the bench during a home game etc.

These are just some suggestions that I can think of currently. They won't suit all, but it's almost impossible to please all. That said, it's taken me a few minutes to come up with some suggestions as I type, but has taken the club five months to do nothing.

Maybe if we presented the club with our own, sensible, benefit ideas, it may help move the situation on a little further.

What would other people like to see?

Clearly, from the club's perspective, this hasn't been thought through whatsoever, or indeed planned. As you suggest, as a STH, I'm not expecting a monthly dinner with the player of my choice or a starting place in the senior team (although I might be able to put a few more away than our current strike force :whistle:)

Offering upgrades, like the pre-season Birmingham game, are not practical currently (even in the paint pot cup) and giving extra discount from the megastore during a weekend when we weren't playing has left a bad taste.

Sometimes, minor things can make a difference (ask my wife!). I particularly liked Martin Allen's regular updates on the official site last season (informing us of how training has been going, who's doing well etc). Why not get Nigel Pearson to do this via a STH exclusive e-mail. It won't cost the club a lot in the way of money or time and will help keep us informed and feel closer to the team. We get very little currently in the way of injury updates and overall team news. This could be solved via a regular, exclusve, update.

STH exclusive raffles could be another option. A monthly winner could be drawn (based on STH reference numbers) and a small prize awarded. Anything from merchandise, a free tour of the stadium, to sitting on the bench during a home game etc.

These are just some suggestions that I can think of currently. They won't suit all, but it's almost impossible to please all. That said, it's taken me a few minutes to come up with some suggestions as I type, but has taken the club five months to do nothing.

Maybe if we presented the club with our own, sensible, benefit ideas, it may help move the situation on a little further.

What would other people like to see?

I would like the club to just come out and admit that they advertised the benefits at a time which they were not fully aware of what they would be. Since then this issue has been put on the back burner as they assumed that the fans only bought the ticket to watch the football and get priority for away matches. However the fans seem to be upset that the club have promised something which so far after 5 months had been slow to materialise in the form of monthly benefits.

I await the next issue of Peter has to avoid the issue with excitement.

Laurel & Hardy anyone? :thumbup::giggle:

Regarding our exchange of emails last night I trust the following information will bring you up to date.

I am personally dealing with your communications and will continue to answer your emails and questions in the best way possible. I fully understand that you rejected my offer of a telephone conversation but would be pleased to speak on the telephone or face to face to ensure that I answering the points that you are raising. There are two monthly offers planned for November and December which will be announced at the appropriate time.

So far we have provided the following:-

June - nothing

July - £2 discount on Adult tickets for Season Ticket Holders the pre-season game v Birmingham

August - £5 discount on Adult tickets for Season Ticket Holders for the Carling Cup game v Stockport

Sept - Double Discount weekend for Season Ticket Holders at the City Megastore

- £5 discount on Adult Tickets for Season Ticket Holders for the JPT game v Lincoln

Oct - Double Discount weekend for Season Ticket Holders at the City Megastore.

If you require further information or clarification I will be pleased to help.

Kind regards

Peter

Words, and this isn't often, fail me!

Regarding our exchange of emails last night I trust the following information will bring you up to date.

I am personally dealing with your communications and will continue to answer your emails and questions in the best way possible. I fully understand that you rejected my offer of a telephone conversation but would be pleased to speak on the telephone or face to face to ensure that I answering the points that you are raising. There are two monthly offers planned for November and December which will be announced at the appropriate time.

June - nothing

July - £2 discount on Adult tickets for Season Ticket Holders the pre-season game v Birmingham

August - £5 discount on Adult tickets for Season Ticket Holders for the Carling Cup game v Stockport

- £5 discount on Adult Tickets for Season Ticket Holders for the JPT game v Lincoln

Oct - Double Discount weekend for Season Ticket Holders at the City Megastore.

If you require further information or clarification I will be pleased to help.

Kind regards

Words, and this isn't often, fail me!

The list of match discounts were also supplied to us today, we have responded questioning communication processes about these benefits & inconsistencies with earlier responses to "what's happened to the benefits questions"

Part of me wonders why your continuing to pursue this because i'm sure you guessed that it was a 'shower of shit' when advertised, but true i suppose the club shouldn't be allowed to get away with this sort of stuff.

Any thought of getting trading standards to adudicate?

June - nothing

July - £2 discount on Adult tickets for Season Ticket Holders the pre-season game v Birmingham Fantastic :blink:

August - £5 discount on Adult tickets for Season Ticket Holders for the Carling Cup game v Stockport I did recieve this benefit

Sept - Double Discount weekend for Season Ticket Holders at the City Megastore Doesn't excite or benefit me

- £5 discount on Adult Tickets for Season Ticket Holders for the JPT game v Lincoln Didn't receive, got charged a tenner

Oct - Double Discount weekend for Season Ticket Holders at the City Megastore. Doesn't excite or benefit me

:thumbup: So as a season ticket holder I've got 7 quid of free stuff so far!

Part of me wonders why your continuing to pursue this because i'm sure you guessed that it was a 'shower of shit' when advertised, but true i suppose the club shouldn't be allowed to get away with this sort of stuff.

Part of me often wondered that too. :D

I never expected much but I did expect the club to behave in a decent fashion and to honour the commitment, which they didn't. Peter Jones has shown himself up to be a duplicitous toad, a lacky to the new men who know nothing of the club and care even less for the fans who stump up their cash regardless of performances and division.

Thus ends any mention of this matter from me...let the party commence! :banana:

That's actually tremendously poor.

They'd probably have been better off pretending they hadn't had any "benefits" yet and just said we ballsed up and we're working on some actual benefits for the upcoming months.

Unbelievably funny that the club announced these 'exciting' benefits that turned out to be so nondescript that they went completely undetected for the most part. lol:doh:

What a shambles.

That's actually tremendously poor.

They'd probably have been better off pretending they hadn't had any "benefits" yet and just said we ballsed up and we're working on some actual benefits for the upcoming months.

Unbelievably funny that the club announced these 'exciting' benefits that turned out to be so nondescript that they went completely undetected for the most part. lol:doh:

What a shambles.

The club obviously thought that people would buy season-tickets and forget about the benefits. They hadn't banked on Daggers and Munzie, to name a couple, pushing it through all the way, and are now trying to cover their backs.

This was my reply that greeted me on my return from work...

Good speaking to you earlier and thank you for your thoughtful observations not only in the email but also in our telephone conversation.

Firstly it has been agreed that if you wish to purchase items on line during this discount weekend the postage we will waive the postage for you. You will need to make me aware that you wish to purchase by email and I will liaise with the Mail Order to ensure the correct action is taken.

The decision to allocate this weekend and not a match day was taken considering a number of business factors. You will no doubt understand the financial pressure on the club at the present time and this weekend was thought the most appropriate. As you have commented there will always be different opinions and that is something we understand. We also fully understand the financial pressure on our loyal supporters.

The season ticket offers were slow to get going but I have listed the details as to what has taken place so far. There are November and December offers in the pipeline which will be advertised at the appropriate time.

June - nothing

Oct - Double Discount weekend for Season Ticket Holders at the City Megastore

Thank you for your understanding in the matter and I can assure you that all the points that you have raised are being discussed by my colleagues.

Your continued support is appreciated.

Regards

Peter

As he has said, he rang me this morning (caught me just about to go into a meeting) to apologise for the lack of information and un-interesting benefits. His words not mine! Having stated my case he sympathised with me and said that in most instances, he is just the messenger in relaying what benefits have been offered. He seemed open to suggestions from the fans going forward and invited me in for a chat in the future. That said, he was very reluctant to commit to anything.

As stated by others, I doubt things will change a great deal other than the club hopefully learning from this episode. In the future, they should just offer plain old season tickets. If the want to throw the odd incentive our way...great, we'll see it as a nice little bonus if it appeals to us and we want to take it up.

I still might take up his offer of a chat however.

Firstly it has been agreed that if you wish to purchase items on line during this discount weekend the postage we will waive the postage for you. You will need to make me aware that you wish to purchase by email and I will liaise with the Mail Order to ensure the correct action is taken.

The decision to allocate this weekend and not a match day was taken considering a number of business factors. You will no doubt understand the financial pressure on the club at the present time and this weekend was thought the most appropriate. As you have commented there will always be different opinions and that is something we understand. We also fully understand the financial pressure on our loyal supporters.

Sorry? They are waving postage costs but only if you contact some first who will do something about...err..who....what now? :dunno:

They chose this weekend because of financial constrictions the club is currently under what hey you know? :dunno:

I'm lost.

The PR and customer liaison seems to currently be under the control of Jake Shingler. :whistle::D

Part of me often wondered that too. :D

I never expected much but I did expect the club to behave in a decent fashion and to honour the commitment, which they didn't. Peter Jones has shown himself up to be a duplicitous toad, a lacky to the new men who know nothing of the club and care even less for the fans who stump up their cash regardless of performances and division.

Thus ends any mention of this matter from me...let the party commence! :banana:

Well it sounds as if you now have the opportunity via Peter Jones to shape what could be the future 'Exciting Monthly Benefits' as long as you stick to the following criteria...

1.) Must not cost more than £5 - preferrably not more than £1

2.) The benefit ideally involves laying out more money to receive it

3.) Has little opportunity to be used by any one with a season ticket

4.) It MUST NOT BE too exciting

So with this in mind i've come up with the following suggestions

November - Lottery to be the club mascot for the day

December - Draw for one lucky ST holder to shower with the team following a match day

January - Free parking at the Walkers for an away game of your choice (during the month)

February - A free rose (to go in with the valentines day

March - A free packet of crisps with every drink and hotdog purchased during the game (only for ST Holders)

April - advertised on the 1st of April - A free horse for every reader (or some of the squad if supplies run out.) advertised on the 2nd - don't be stupid you won't be getting you a horse - but we will make you an offer of a season ticket with much better exciting monthly benefits for next season at a discount increase rate of 50% on last year.

Well it sounds as if you now have the opportunity via Peter Jones to shape what could be the future 'Exciting Monthly Benefits' as long as you stick to the following criteria...

1.) Must not cost more than £5 - preferrably not more than £1

2.) The benefit ideally involves laying out more money to receive it

3.) Has little opportunity to be used by any one with a season ticket

4.) It MUST NOT BE too exciting

So with this in mind i've come up with the following suggestions

November - Lottery to be the club mascot for the day

December - Draw for one lucky ST holder to shower with the team following a match day

January - Free parking at the Walkers for an away game of your choice (during the month)

February - A free rose (to go in with the valentines day

March - A free packet of crisps with every drink and hotdog purchased during the game (only for ST Holders)

April - advertised on the 1st of April - A free horse for every reader (or some of the squad if supplies run out.) advertised on the 2nd - don't be stupid you won't be getting you a horse - but we will make you an offer of a season ticket with much better exciting monthly benefits for next season at a discount increase rate of 50% on last year.

lol

Archived