Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Nintendo Wii

I.e best value for money.....

i know there are many experts on here and I wish to have an expert opinion please :kissing:

I think I want the sports pack n some games. 2 controllers & a wii fit

Cheers all you wonderful knowledgeable

geeks

people out there :thumbup:

i know there are many experts on here and I wish to have an expert opinion please :kissing:

geeks

You're not allowed to stand next to me anymore. :angry:

geeks

I think there's one up Phube's arse? :unsure:

Strange Phube hasn't seen this one yet... He'll teach you.

I can't be on 24/7!! :rolleyes:

Basically the problem with the Wii is that it's faaar too popular and no retailer makes good bundles... sadly... :(

But in the Metro today:

Zavvi: Buy Wii get CoD3, and Monkey Ball free. = £180. Plus £75-80 for Wii Fit

Saino's: Free Wii Sports Party (avoid as CRAP!!) = £179.97

BEST OFFER TODAY:

Wii + Mario Kart (with Wheel) £199.99. GameStation. GET THIS ONE... plus WiiFit!

:D

Basically the problem with the Wii is that it's faaar too popular and no retailer makes good bundles... sadly... :(

But in the Metro today:

BEST OFFER TODAY:

Wii + Mario Kart (with Wheel) £199.99. GameStation. GET THIS ONE... plus WiiFit!

One could also just say that Nintendo has learnt from previous flops and is "doing an Apple" this time, which basically means producing less in order to keep the costs down.

This strategy inevitably creates more demand for the few amounts of units. Hence the shortage.

One could also just say that Nintendo has learnt from previous flops and is "doing an Apple" this time, which basically means producing less in order to keep the costs down.

This strategy inevitably creates more demand for the few amounts of units. Hence the shortage.

Not quite... as they are selling more Wii's worldwide than 360's and PS3's combined... how is that 'limiting production/supply'!? :unsure:

But in the Metro today:

BEST OFFER TODAY:

thank you very much :clap::thumbup:

Arsenal suck as bad as alan rogers :sick:

Not quite... as they are selling more Wii's worldwide than 360's and PS3's combined... how is that 'limiting production/supply'!? :unsure:

They're selling so well because the Wii is more of a "family console" for all ages, and especially kids - they are the main driving force behind their parents' decision to purchase a Wii. Therefore, it's already appealing to a bigger amount of potential customers. It's also cheaper than its competitors.

And Nintendo does keep production down to a minimum. That's strategical marketing. They do have learnt from previous mistakes.

They're selling so well because the Wii is more of a "family console" for all ages, and especially kids - they are the main driving force behind their parents' decision to purchase a Wii. Therefore, it's already appealing to a bigger amount of potential customers. It's also cheaper than its competitors.

And Nintendo does keep production down to a minimum. That's strategical marketing. They do have learnt from previous mistakes.

Just a couple of things:

Firstly: the average age of a Wii 'user' (i.e. not purchaser) is, I believe, 32 years old!

Secondly; I can only sell so many, by producing so many, more than has ever been sold before (in it's time span)... ever!

Thirdly: If production of 1-2 million units per month is minimum, then it's still some of the fastest for a games console... ever!

Oh and the way Nintendo now produces the Wii is on a rotational basis (as it's all in the same factory) 1 period (I think month) it makes them for the US, the next for the Japs and finally for us Europeans. This will inevitably leads to a shortfall in each region every now and then... The they will get a glut (hence today's paper full of "Wii in stock" ads.)

Phube that's sad.

I bet you knew the average age off the cuff? :|

Not THAT sad!!

No it was a off the top of my head from memory figure... but I was 3 years out: Real average age is 29! (My age lol )

Proof

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for one of Phube's Wii threads but search isn't working and couldn't be arsed to go much further so this thread will do.

Is Phube, Wesolowski in disguise?! (As shown in one of last years programmes Wesolowski looks at these boards - what looked to have been Foxestalk was on the screen of his laptop)

Anyway in Saturdays programme it has a 12 questions feature with James Wesolowski;

Question: If your hourse was burning down, what one item would you save?

Answer: My Wii.

:whistle:

I played the Wii again at the sister's today. I maintain that it is still the funnest console out there. Don't know how long the novelty would last if I had my own though.

I played Game Party on the Wii today, quite possible the worst game I have ever played.

Yeah I hardly use mine at all now except when I have mates over, and even then its normally the PS3 that we use!

Do you own Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart etc... or just Wii Sports like the rest....? :rolleyes:

Oh and on the novelty front... it's a way of playing... not a novelty! Just like analogue sticks, D-Pads, 3-D... etc...

Oh and on the novelty front... it's a way of playing... not a novelty! Just like analogue sticks, D-Pads, 3-D... etc...

Definition

nov·el [nov-uhl]

–adjective

Of a new kind; different from anything seen or known before: a novel idea.

Definition

nov·el·ty [nov-uhl-tee] noun, plural -ties, adjective

–noun

State or quality of being novel, new, or unique; newness: the novelty of a new job.

It's fair to say that after over 30 years of console/joystick operated games consoles that the Wii controls are new, and they're definitely unique. If the concept starts getting taken up by other games console producers then it won't be novel, and if that happens then the Wii will lose a lot of the appeal it currently has. Whatever you might try and say I find it hard to believe that the volume of sales is purely down to games alone, which is why some people are bored of their Wiis.

In all honesty I'm thinking of getting a Wii. I'm not a serious gamer (the only game I ever play with any seriousness is Pro Evo) and I love games liek Mario Kart and the like. Good clean fun :thumbup:

BEST OFFER TODAY:

I like the sound of that. I need to ask you a question about Pro Evo though. When is it released on the Wii? Will it be considerably later than on the PS2/3 XBOX360?

Archived