Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Fulham

Eight bells is the pub.

Does anyone know whether a railcard gets you discount on the tube?

No it doesn't.

It gets you a discount if you buy a day travel card, unless it's at peak time. It costs £4-something instead of £5-something. They don't have it on some of the machines though, you have to ask the guys at the counters. At least that was the case about six months ago. I haven't bought one for a while because for an extra £3 I can get a return from Reading with an all zone travel card thrown into the mix. Job done.

If you are travelling from Leicester you could get a railcard discount by buying your ticket to Putney station and then the ticket would include the underground journey. I used to do it when travelling from Wimbledon to Leicester.

well the stand holds about 5000 and we're taking 1500

so i'm sure we'll find somewhere to stand

There will be segregation for what we've not sold, although they'll leave a bit from some sold on the day.

They usually use some of that stand for neutrals anyway.

There will be segregation for what we've not sold, although they'll leave a bit from some sold on the day.

They usually use some of that stand for neutrals anyway.

segragation?

its the 2nd round of the carling cup against fulham

its not the rome derby

there was none when we played them in the FA cup

and the other side of the stand is for neutrals.... so i gaurantee everyone will be able to stand where ever they want

segragation?

its the 2nd round of the carling cup against fulham

its not the rome derby

there was none when we played them in the FA cup

and the other side of the stand is for neutrals.... so i gaurantee everyone will be able to stand where ever they want

Segregation so that fans don't use the whole stand, meaning stewards have a smaller job to do and they don't have to pay them as much, it's pretty simple and happens at most grounds, so I'd expect to see that.

But yes, if you want to stand you should be able to.

Segregation so that fans don't use the whole stand, meaning stewards have a smaller job to do and they don't have to pay them as much, it's pretty simple and happens at most grounds, so I'd expect to see that.

But yes, if you want to stand you should be able to.

yeah i get you now

thats valid

should be good!

just hope it doesn't go to extra time or i'll be sitting in a 24 hour pub till the first train back in the morning!!

No it doesn't.

It gets you a discount if you buy a day travel card, unless it's at peak time. It costs £4-something instead of £5-something. They don't have it on some of the machines though, you have to ask the guys at the counters. At least that was the case about six months ago. I haven't bought one for a while because for an extra £3 I can get a return from Reading with an all zone travel card thrown into the mix. Job done.

Yeah, we'll be getting a day travel card.

Fook it, Maybes can sort that out.

That makes 3!

Train back is 23:15 i think is that enough time to get from stadium to St Pancras?

Should be ok providing you get on the tube early enough and miss the major crowds.

I am... I don't know if that'll be much consolation but at least there'll be another Fox on there (assuming you're getting the last train back from St Pancras!)

I'll be training it down. Also will most likely be on the last one back from SP :thumbup: .

Just rang the Fulham ticket office and away end is totally sold out, neutral end is not on sale for the game, so only choice is to sit in the home fans!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH

Anyone got a spare ticket?

Regarding Discount tube fares:

If you have already registered your oyster card online, you can then link your young-persons rail card to it by seeing one of the nice ppl at the ticket desks. They tap in some details to thier computer and it's all done.

This gives discounted travel and also caps the maximum day charges to a reduced price day-travel card. I hope this helps, though i fear i may have added to the confusion.

In summary:

Oyster cards nearly always pay for themselves (£2) after a couple of journeys.

You can link them to YP card i you pre-register online and then go to a ticket office.

If this is your only trip to London only buy a day travelcard.

Avoid single fares like the plague, a single can cost £4 whereas an oyster single can be only £1.

Day travel cards are valid past midnight up until the end of service.

PS: Boris in his wisdom has banned the consumption of alcohol on London public transport, so if you're going to drink on the tube or whatever, be very subtle about it

I realise my summary is mich longer than the main bit but i kept thing of new bits to say.

Lecture over

Archived