Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

I would say he was an absolute cvnt as for some of the others - well words do not exist to describe them.

But I'll be sure to fore warn people in future and try to give my posts a ranking.

Here's some more contenders, this time from Derby..

Youths who taunted a suicidal boy seconds before he jumped from the top floor of a Derby car park were partly responsible for his death, a coroner said yesterday.

As negotiators tried for two hours to coax 17-year-old Shaun Dykes down from the top of the Westfield shopping centre car park in September last year, youths below shouted taunts, telling him to "get on with it" and "stop wasting taxpayers' money", the inquest heard. Others filmed his ordeal on mobile phones, and later uploaded clips on YouTube and Facebook.

Their behaviour was despicable, said the assistant deputy coroner for Derby, Louise Pinder, recording a suicide verdict. "I am quite sure police officers were taken by surprise by the despicable people taunting Shaun," she said. "It's inconceivable that, while negotiators were talking with Shaun, these mindless people were behaving with such insensitivity and without any apparent concern for a human being's safety.

"The individuals who were taunting Shaun at that time, whose identities remain unknown, are responsible, at least in part, for his death."

The inquest heard that Shaun suffered from depression and had split up with his boyfriend five days before his death. The break-up had left him homeless and he was staying with his grandmother.

On the day he died, Shaun, from Kilburn, Derbyshire, was seen in a distressed state. After writing a number of letters, he took the bus to Derby. His mother, Tina, found the letters and rang her son, pleading with him to come home. But she heard nothing until she was contacted by police, informing her that Shaun had killed himself.

The court heard that officers spent two hours trying to persuade the teenager to abandon his suicide attempt and were close to succeeding. Moments before he jumped he almost touched an officer's hand but was distracted by the taunts. He then counted down from 10 and hurled himself off the sixth floor of the car park.

The inquest had heard that police could not arrest those tormenting Shaun because it would have meant taking officers away from the cordon.

:sick::sick::sick:

Youths who taunted a suicidal boy seconds before he jumped from the top floor of a Derby car park were partly responsible for his death, a coroner said yesterday.

Bollocks with nobcheese on.

The coroner obviously understands piss all about mental illness.

They may not have saved his life but they weren't partly responsible for his death. Abject crap.

They may not have saved his life but they weren't partly responsible for his death. Abject crap.

apart from , him reaching out to the policeman, as someone shouts 'stop wasting our taxes' at which point he turns and jumps. well done baying mob, it's like the last 1500 years never happened.

The court heard that officers spent two hours trying to persuade the teenager to abandon his suicide attempt and were close to succeeding. Moments before he jumped he almost touched an officer's hand but was distracted by the taunts. He then counted down from 10 and hurled himself off the sixth floor of the car park

Doesn't seem like "abject crap" to me.. :rolleyes:

I would say the coroner was probably referring more to 'peer pressure'. It's like the old saying, if so 'n' so said jump into the fire would you do it? By egging the lad on whilst negotiation was in progress gave him more impetus to jump, on that basis I would say they were partly responsible.

My guess is that irrationality, vulnerability and a sense of worthlessness are unlikely to be overcome in that situation by cries of "Get on with it"

My guess is that irrationality, vulnerability and a sense of worthlessness are unlikely to be overcome in that situation by cries of "Get on with it"

Yup, agreed entirely - but the cries neither caused nor contributed to that irrationality, vulnerability and a sense of worthlessness.

Don't get me wrong, anyone involved in shouting that out is a cunt of the first order but the implication that these cretins were to blame for this is idiotic.

Agreed that the reasons for him being there had absolutely nothing to do with the crowd but in the context of the officers believing that they were on the verge of succeeding in talking him back in there are grounds to conclude that the taunts played a part in his death at that time.

Had the officers succeeded in talking him back they'd have probably got a medal and in the absence of some serious help he'd have probably ended up topping himself at a later date anyway. That he ended up jumping suggests that this was more than a cry for help.

Were the taunters partly responsible for his death at that time? - probably

Did they prevent him from leading a long happy life? - probably not

Do they qualify under the title of this thread? - absolutely

Bloody hell... someone lives in Cathays that isn't a student?

edit: Pfft, Whitchurch Road? Surely that counts as Heath.

Absolutely disgraceful - but its a main road, and usually gets ridiculously grid-locked with traffic until about that time of evening. Hopefully they'll get witnesses etc.

Edited by act smiley

This country's judicial system ms a fcuking joke.

Honestly 9 years for gang rape and disfiguring the girl who had a mental age of 8/9?? :angry:

The old faggot of the judge was probably on his last last when he passed the sentance. :angry:

The sooner Lisa is laying down the law the better.