Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Football Manager 2009

How many of you have got managers at clubs/nations which you thought you'd never see?

In my current game:

Steve Coppell at Man Utd

Micky Adams at Fulham

Marco Van Basten at Arsenal

John Barnes at Jamaica

Mourinho at At. Madrid

Darren Ferguson at Sheff Utd

How many of you have got managers at clubs/nations which you thought you'd never see?

In my current game:

Steve Coppell at Man Utd

Micky Adams at Fulham

John Barnes at Jamaica

Mourinho at At. Madrid

Sir alex got sacked by manure and took over at leicester in my game. steve bruce replaced him at manure

In my current game:

Steve Coppell at Man Utd

Micky Adams at Fulham

John Barnes at Jamaica

Mourinho at At. Madrid

lol that happened on one of my older saves, he went to Leicester got them to brink of promotion in CC and then left for Fulham.

Okay, haven't played this for months but thought i'd try to get back into it leading up to the release of the new installment.

Just started a game as Birmingham in the Championship. Budget is £3 million but big squad so could probab;y raise a fair bit. Suggestions for new signings please? :)

Okay, haven't played this for months but thought i'd try to get back into it leading up to the release of the new installment.

Just started a game as Birmingham in the Championship. Budget is £3 million but big squad so could probab;y raise a fair bit. Suggestions for new signings please? :)

ross mccormack (cardiff)

Zeng Zhi (charlton)

I think he meant serious suggestions. lol

:D I did scout them for a laugh. McCormack would be my 5th best striker and Zheng Zhi my 5th best midfielder! (cheers anyway Large Al ;) )

Squad looks pretty decent, probably good enough without any new signings. Just shelled out £2.5 million on Albin Ekdal, young midfielder from Juve. Scored a 30 yarder on his debut, looks quality!

In my current game:

Steve Coppell at Man Utd

Micky Adams at Fulham

John Barnes at Jamaica

Mourinho at At. Madrid

On one save Gerrard became manager of Liverpool soon after retiring. They did shit, and he was promptly sacked :giggle:

In my current game:

Steve Coppell at Man Utd

Micky Adams at Fulham

John Barnes at Jamaica

Mourinho at At. Madrid

You do realise that he was manager of Jamaica before Tranmere?

And Micky Adams used to manage Fulham :P

Was gonna point that out meself!

None of them were particularly surprising, apart from Coppell at Man Utd! :S

Finally managed to win the Champs League with Leicester in 2016 after losing the final last year. Beat Arsenal 2-1.

Thought it's pretty impressive I've managed this while only spending a net total of £51m over the 8 years.

You must've been lucky as hell... or cheated ^_^

I'm unbeaten in 37 in the league, having only lost 1 match all season, on the opening day <_<

By net spending I do mean I've spent £262m and recouped £211m, not that I've only spent £51m altogether :P

Ahh, right. In that case, nevermind :P

Yeah I do :).

Just that John Barnes went to manage Newcastle, then Canada and then Brighton. Just found it odd that he was re-appointed Jamaican manager. Obviously you werent to know that lol.

middlesborough have just signed a spanish striker for 5 mill then sold him back to the club they brought him from for 12.5 mill :huh:

I've seen that once before too, think it was Aresnal on mine though sold him for a massive profit too if I remember correctly(Real Madrid were the other team i think).

Championship Playoffs with charlton... looking good for back to back promotions.. we are the form side in the division... unfortunately the 4 wins in a row probably have to come to an end soon, and the play offs isnt really the best time for that to happen lol.

Ive done it... back to back promotions, the winning streak didnt come to an end... god the play offs are just as tense on fm as in real life though :P.

So third season: The Premiership: Charlton.

Archived