Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Football Manager 2009

Newcastle just offered £4m for Tunch, I rejected but they must be close to the point of MM accepting over my head.

Any good suggestions for a replacement for around £3m, I'm sitting 3rd atm half way through January miles behind West Ham who are top and five points below Derby in second. :huh:

LargeAl need not apply. :D

Kilgallon is class.

Given you can get Thiago Silva at the start of the game for about £5m I'd be surprised if you can't find a good CB for 3 - 4.

Newcastle really do ridiculously overspend in this game, though. They buy the worst players for like 15 to 20 odd million a pop, it's ridiculous.

Given you can get Thiago Silva at the start of the game for about £5m I'd be surprised if you can't find a good CB for 3 - 4.

Newcastle really do ridiculously overspend in this game, though. They buy the worst players for like 15 to 20 odd million a pop, it's ridiculous.

Fabricio Collocini.

Say no more.

Newcastle just offered £4m for Tunch, I rejected but they must be close to the point of MM accepting over my head.

Any good suggestions for a replacement for around £3m, I'm sitting 3rd atm half way through January miles behind West Ham who are top and five points below Derby in second. :huh:

good suggestion for an attacking midfielder (at least on 08) Sergio Mota - 800k from sao paulo, two months later worth upwards of 1.5m and scoring wonder strikes every game.

Kilgallon is class.

tis true.. him and goncalves (hearts 2.5m) are destroying the championship attacks.

leeds got relegated to league two on the last day. leeds were 2 points clear of relegation zone, tranmere sat in the final place, leeds played already relegated brighton while tranmere faced oldham who needed a win for the title. leeds lost 2-1 and tranmere won 1-0. :D

Giving QPR one last go. Never seem to click with them. Ive decided to keep the overhaul to a minimum this time:

INS:

Joe Mattock

Jonny Howson

Adam Lallana

Jason Cullina

Leroy Lita

Lucas Neill

Mark Beevers

Sander Westerveld

Pablo Ruiz(Couldnt get kilgallon :( )

OUTS:

Damion Stewart.

Fair few transfer listed in the reserves have not left.

Lost first game

Won League cup game

Won second game.

Ok, Little Update on my wales game ... went down to the wire in qualifiying ... i needed Finland to beat Germany and Us to beat Liechtenstein to get a playoff spot against Slovakia ....

Germany 0-1 Finland

Liechtenstein 0-2 Wales .... 1st leg playoff - Wales 0-0 Slovakia

Don't reject the offers... negotiate with them and put the price tag up exceptionally high and that'll put them right off him. It also stops the player becoming unhappy if he wants to move on and you've stopped him from doing so.

Could not be arsed with QPR. They do my head in.

So on to the posh it was... Not many transfers.

INS:

Seyfo Soley: Free.

Mark Bradley: 110k

Kerrea Gilbert: Loan

Jay Simpson: Loan(BEAST!!!)

Franckie Quere: Free(He is my long shot wildcard striker lol)

Daniel Parejo: 660k.

OUTS:

George Boyd(Board accepted a tiny 1.2 m over my head from newcastle, not really sad to see him go but im sad at the tiny amount. Have a better replacement in parejo anyway.

half way through the season with notts county in league 1 and unbeaten in the league. Think im on 23 games and 13 points ahead of second place.

Coventry got relegated from the championship and are about 19th in league 1 lol

Charlton got into the semi finals of the carling cup whilst in league 1

I've had players unhappy after doing that.

They must really REALLY want to go then as I have only ever had unhappy players after rejecting the bid outright... never after having negotiated and then them refusing to pay up the price.

Decided to start a wales game.

Beat Azerbeijan

Lost to Russia

Beat Liechtenstein

BEAT GERMANY!! :):)

Currently sitting pretty at the top with a healthy goal difference.

so you copy on Mine and Smuts' game and dont think to comment on them! :o

Good start btw :)

so you copy on Mine and Smuts' game and dont think to comment on them! :o

Good start btw :)

lol sorry ive just read back a few pages.... How did the play offs go in the end??

I just beat denmark 4-1 in the final game of 2008.

Couldnt be happier with my start.

2009 fixtures are hard though.

Finland

Germany

Lich

Russia

Finland

Azerbeijan.

lol sorry ive just read back a few pages.... How did the play offs go in the end??

I just beat denmark 4-1 in the final game of 2008.

Couldnt be happier with my start.

2009 fixtures are hard though.

Finland

Germany

Lich

Russia

Finland

Azerbeijan.

Got through .. Italy, Guinea & Uruguay in my group ...

check around for regens aswell mate .. ive got two both from the Cardiff academy .. One of them scored on there debut in a friendly against England & and also watch out for Simon Church as hes banging the goals in for Stockport & Finished last season on 43 goals on loan at Farsley.

Got through .. Italy, Guinea & Uruguay in my group ...

check around for regens aswell mate .. ive got two both from the Cardiff academy .. One of them scored on there debut in a friendly against England & and also watch out for Simon Church as hes banging the goals in for Stockport & Finished last season on 43 goals on loan at Farsley.

Nice one will do.

Looking for a club job at the moment to fill the time.

I've had players unhappy after doing that.
They must really REALLY want to go then as I have only ever had unhappy players after rejecting the bid outright... never after having negotiated and then them refusing to pay up the price.

Yep "Feels that your valuation of him is slightly worrying" or "Feels you're trying to outprice other clubs" - along them lines. Introduced in 08 after people found out about it in 07.

Wales aren't that hard to play as in FM, imo.

Given that FM's a pretty easy game anyway and it's been fairly kind to Ched Evans, Aaron Ramsey and Rob Earnshaw.

Unless you get raped by injuries qualification's not so hard.

You should try managing Turkey then.

Ludicrously underrated.

Archived