Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

IMG_2332CR2_fhdr-001_zps98d6d2ec.jpg

The guy on the left on this pic looks so much like a spitting image of my regional manager it's uncanny. Nice fella if its him, but I'm certainly not about to ask him if he dresses up as a Nazi at weekends because if he doesn't, life could get a bit uncomfortable for me.

IMG_2332CR2_fhdr-001_zps98d6d2ec.jpg

The guy on the left on this pic looks so much like a spitting image of my regional manager it's uncanny. Nice fella if its him, but I'm certainly not about to ask him if he dresses up as a Nazi at weekends because if he doesn't, life could get a bit uncomfortable for me.

Haha, maybe ask him if he does re-enactments and not if he's a nazi? lol

Nice photos, Mikey. I added you on Flickr, look forward to seeing some more stuff.

Here are a few of my of photos I found kicking around. From the League Cup final 2000, the Sunderland 5-2 game and Southend away '07.

post-10479-0-03852600-1370859400_thumb.j

post-10479-0-26775400-1370859421_thumb.j

post-10479-0-18583700-1370859453_thumb.j

post-10479-0-55494000-1370859474_thumb.j

Edited by bovril

Stunning water shots, what settings did you use?

ISO 100, Manual setting, F24 (I think it was - depends on how "fluffy" you want the water looking) and I think shutter speed was around 2 or 3 seconds. Oh and use a tripod and shutter release cable or you'll have major blur! Ha

Some new shots from yesterday while out and about in the Derbyshire Peak District. :)

IMG_1898CR2_fhdr-001_zps2b56deb4.jpg

IMG_1990CR2_fhdr-001_zpscd7a8ce7.jpg

IMG_2007CR2_fhdr-001_zpse7e0c535.jpg

IMG_2036CR2_fhdr-001_zps95b9c0c7.jpg

IMG_2143CR2_fhdr-001_zpsbfbe78e8.jpg

IMG_2173CR2_fhdr-001_zps30745039.jpg

IMG_2174CR2_fhdr-001_zps9ebab2f1.jpg

thanks Mikey, i love this thread simply for your pics.. few things more naturally beautiful than the english hills, lakes etc. and you capture them wonderfully.

I assume you are now fully professional?

thanks Mikey, i love this thread simply for your pics.. few things more naturally beautiful than the english hills, lakes etc. and you capture them wonderfully.

I assume you are now fully professional?

Thanks very much mate. Glad you like them :)

No not professional. I still feel I need a lot more experience yet, to be honest. 

What do people make of these compact system cameras? Are they actually any good? Was looking at one of the Samsung NX series.

I'm thinking it will give me more control than a point and shoot camera but without some of the complexity of a DSLR, worth the cash or a waste of money?

What do people make of these compact system cameras? Are they actually any good? Was looking at one of the Samsung NX series.

I'm thinking it will give me more control than a point and shoot camera but without some of the complexity of a DSLR, worth the cash or a waste of money?

I only have a film SLR - I still shoot mostly on 35mm. But I sometimes use a Lumix LX5 digital. It's a very compact and very good camera. At ISO 80-200 it's comparable to many DSLRs. It's basically the Leica D-Lux (very nice camera) rebranded and quite a bit cheaper.

Fujifilm Finepix cameras are always good, too.