Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Leyton Orient Match Thread

Missed out a few U's. Please try again.

Harsh. You can't expect the poor kid to CUUUUUUUM again that quickly. He won't have recovered from the previous effort yet. :whistle:

Oh, and btw, I can see city losing this today. Complacency will set in. Game will sit at 1-0 to us for ages. They'll snatch 2 back in the closing stages. >_<

Harsh. You can't expect the poor kid to CUUUUUUUM again that quickly. He won't have recovered from the previous effort yet. :whistle:

Oh, and btw, I can see city losing this today. Complacency will set in. Game will sit at 1-0 to us for ages. They'll snatch 2 back in the closing stages. >_<

With games like this, i.e. where complacency could set in, we need to score an early goal just to settle ourselves down, and then gradually keep creating chances and hopefully get a goal just before half-time. And then go all out attack in second half!!!

With games like this, i.e. where complacency could set in, we need to score an early goal just to settle ourselves down, and then gradually keep creating chances and hopefully get a goal just before half-time. And then go all out attack in second half!!!

I suspect any early goal as welcome as it might be could make them even more complacent and AoWW's scenario kicks in.

That's fooked it:

From the Merc. If, If, bloody If!!!!!!!

Leicester City start out on the second half of their League One campaign today with a host of records in their sights.

Nigel Pearson's men are aiming to make it a magnificent seven home league wins on the trot in this afternoon's clash against Leyton Orient at the Walkers Stadium (3.0).

That will allow them to build on what is already the club's best run of home league form for nearly 40 years.

Not since Frank O'Farrell's side notched nine consecutive Filbert Street wins on the way to winning the old Division One title in 1970-71 have a City line-up made their home ground such a fortress.

The present team have already set one club record with 51 points by the halfway stage, beating the 48 by Christmas in the Championship promotion season of 2002-03.

But, if the squad stay in this form and hot-shot striker Matty Fryatt continues to fire in goals for fun, a host more records could fall by the end of the season.

The most home wins in a league campaign is 16 in 2002-03. But, if Orient are beaten today, that will make it 10 full returns so far this season at the Walkers Stadium. No City squad have recorded more than 11 away wins in a campaign. But Pearson's men have six on the board so far.

The most overall victories in a league campaign was the 26 recorded by Micky Adams' side in 2002-03. Victory today would be the 16th for Pearson's team.

The 2002-03 side also hold the record for the most points - 92.. Before the introduction of three points for a win, the best City total was 61 in 1956-57 and that equates to 86 under the present system. This season's side are on course to beat both of those figures.

The fewest defeats suffered by City in a league campaign is six - in 1956-57, 1970-71 and 2002-03. But Pearson's men suffered only two reverses in the first half of the campaign.

City's record goals tally in the league is 109 in 1956-57, and they have already chalked up 43 so far this campaign.

Perhaps the most glorious target for City would be promotion, 100 points and 100 goals.

They are certainly on course for the first two - and the third really would make it a season to remember.

Sitting on leads has been a problem on occasions but I don't see complacency being the cause of that.

Pearson never strikes me as a manager who allows players to get complacent. And, funnily enough, the greater the points gap at the top of the table we can create the better our durability should become.

Why? Because this team is actually better than its performances sometimes indicate and that is down to cautiousness. The greater the points gap the more they can play their game and focus on some of the targets mentioned in the Mercury.

If a team is level pegging at the top of the table they are there to be shot at. If they move clear, other teams can start taking the attitude that a point from us would be a bonus rather than seriously trying to beat us.

Many times in the past I've seen that winning can become a habit just like losing. Even when a winning team goes behind it is easy for the opposition to try and cling to that only to concede a last minute equaliser. Look how many times Manchester United have scored at the end of matches.

Professional footballers love winning and when they do some they only want some more.

Psychology is a complex thing in football but highly relevent.

He'll soon learn that a good fire, a pair of slippers and a pipe is far more rewarding.

He'll soon learn that a good fire, a pair of slippers and a pipe is far more rewarding.

You're turning into Phube... except he'd never smoke in any way, shape or form... far too radical. :D

Archived