Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tilley

Brighton & The Hove & The Albion Pre-Match Thread.

Revenge will hopefully be on the cards.

Keep our unbeaten league streak going & walk away with 3 points.

I'm going for a 1-0 win.

Martin

Gilbert Hobbs Morrison Mattock

Oakley King Berner Gradel

Howard Fryatt

Subs: GK, Cleverley, Dyer, Chambers & Dickov.

I would like to see Gradel come in for Dyer, who hasn't been performing.

Shove Berner in the middle with Cleverley on the bench & bring him on if we need a goal.

Hopefully Howard is fit, if he isn't then I'd like to see Chambers start.

Leave the team that played most of the 2nd half on Saturday alone.

Cleverley did more at right-back than Gilbert has for some weeks.

Berner and King is clearly the central-midfield combination to stick with, barring injuries and/or suspensions, for the rest of the season.

If Howard is unavailable, then Chambers, not Dickov, should be the one to start. It would be good to see our attack have some pace for a change.

Surely after a few games to settle, we'll be expected to play Cleverley fairly regularly?

Someone else made the pretty good point that United won't lend out their players to come sit on our bench. They'll think they've got better training facilities at Man U and he was getting regular games for their reserves.

I'd imagine then we've not signed him unless we think we're going to start giving him, er, a start?

I'd play Cleverley at right back. Ultra is right, he did far more than Gilbert has done for weeks. Play the team that started the 2nd half against Huddersfield. Proper balanced team.

I think a comfortable victory for us, a 3-0 win! Cleverly will come good I'm sure, may not be as good as Davies for us but I still think he will be a very useful player for us in this league. Hope Howard is fit too, we are limited otherwise.

Don't forget knowitall said Howard was ill, presumably with the same bug the struck Gilbert, in fact we seem to have had a regular recurrence of sickness down there this season.

I think he might repeat his CP at home tactics and start with:

Martin

Mattock Hobbs Morrison Gilbert

Dyer King Berner Oakley Cleverly

Fryatt

One things for sure we need to be on our guard, assuming we get in front against any last minute comebacks, Brighton did it again on Saturday coming back from 2-0 down. It's a pity Adams couldn't prevent those types of comeback when he was in charge of us.

Don't forget knowitall said Howard was ill, presumably with the same bug the struck Gilbert, in fact we seem to have had a regular recurrence of sickness down there this season.

I think he might repeat his CP at home tactics and start with:

Martin

Mattock Hobbs Morrison Gilbert

Dyer King Berner Oakley Cleverly

Fryatt

One things for sure we need to be on our guard, assuming we get in front against any last minute comebacks, Brighton did it again on Saturday coming back from 2-0 down. It's a pity Adams couldn't prevent those types of comeback when he was in charge of us.

That was against Cheltenham though.

I'd like to think we were a slightly higher standard.

That was against Cheltenham though.

I'd like to think we were a slightly higher standard.

Well we weren't the last time we played them :dunno:

I can't make this one either.

Going to be working late and really need the money to be honest.

Over time is like gold dust at the moment.

But I will be listening, I am going to tear this office up tonight with BBC Radio Leicester.

Enjoy the game everyone.

3-0 to us.

As I said on the opometer thread, Bradley Johnson doesn't play for them any more.

And that game was at the Withdean, where the atmosphere is slightly different to the Way.

With them only bringing a handful I don't there'll be much atmosphere tonight, unless it remains foggy :giggle:

Have just been reading some comments on their forum (a link sent to me by one of my mates living in Brighton).

They are predicting a heavy loss to us this evening. My favourite post being...

"It'll be the football equivalent of Adolf's men taking Poland. 3-0 to Leicester".

Have just been reading some comments on their forum (a link sent to me by one of my mates living in Brighton).

They are predicting a heavy loss to us this evening. My favourite post being...

"It'll be the football equivalent of Adolf's men taking Poland. 3-0 to Leicester".

Haha no wonder they don't get anywhere with an attitude like that. There is being realistic and there is rolling over. I hope there team give us a run for our money tonight like Huddersfield did, i enjoyed saturdays game.

I just hope Dickov doesn't start and Chambers gets his first proper opportunity instead. Dickov's way past his best now and clearly isn't good enough for us anymore. Chambers showed more of what he can do in 10 minutes against Palace than Dickov has done all season from several substitute appearances.

I also hope that Lloyd keeps his place for tonight. I've been calling for him to be dropped for some time now and I criticised his performance from Saturday, but I've just got a feeling he'll put in a good performance tonight. It wouldn't pain me to see Gradel start ahead of him on the left instead though.

I just hope Dickov doesn't start and Chambers gets his first proper opportunity instead. Dickov's way past his best now and clearly isn't good enough for us anymore. Chambers showed more of what he can do in 10 minutes against Palace than Dickov has done all season from several substitute appearances.

I also hope that Lloyd keeps his place for tonight. I've been calling for him to be dropped for some time now and I criticised his performance from Saturday, but I've just got a feeling he'll put in a good performance tonight. It wouldn't pain me to see Gradel start ahead of him on the left instead though.

It would be great just to go at them with tonnes of pace. I'd give Chambers a start too if Howard is indeed ?ill?

We're just all about goals goals goals at the moment. 4-1 City for me.

Archived