Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

PATRICK AGYEMANG

Weso to Dundee and Levi to whoever will give him a game and show some faith in him. Gradel and Cox next, I wonder?

I just cannot imagine Gradel will be happy at his age with a few short cameos, the odd bench appearance, frustrating training sessions and a handful of pointless games at the end of the season if promotion is assured.

I wonder if anyone has tried tempting Leicester with a bid yet?

Care to divulge some more?

Care to divulge some more?

There's nothing to divulge. The bloke is desperately trying to prove his worth but even with Dyer playing some wholly unconvincing football (despite his excellent goal at Northampton), Gradel can't even get on the bench much of the time.

It's great to see City at the top of the League and you can well understand the manager not changing his starting line-up except for injury. But I think the club has become a graveyard for development. Chambers gets on the bench then disappears, Gradel the same.

Apart from King the only youngster getting any match-playing encouragement is Mattock and, much as I have faith in him eventually, I've really seen little to suggest I'd want him on the bench ahead of Gradel and only wish I had.

Against Brighton, for instance, I thought we were desperate for someone like Gradel to change the tempo of the game.

There's nothing to divulge. The bloke is desperately trying to prove his worth but even with Dyer playing some wholly unconvincing football (despite his excellent goal at Northampton), Gradel can't even get on the bench much of the time.

It's great to see City at the top of the League and you can well understand the manager not changing his starting line-up except for injury. But I think the club has become a graveyard for development. Chambers gets on the bench then disappears, Gradel the same.

Apart from King the only youngster getting any match-playing encouragement is Mattock and, much as I have faith in him eventually, I've really seen little to suggest I'd want him on the bench ahead of Gradel and only wish I had.

Against Brighton, for instance, I thought we were desperate for someone like Gradel to change the tempo of the game.

That's absolute rubbish Tony, Gilbert 21, Cleverly 19, Fryatt 22, Morrisson 20, Hobbs 20, Martin 23. Our squad is pretty young by league standards.

load of crap.

just look at our backline. gilbert,hobbs, morrison,mattock, then we have cleverly, king and martin

the point is that the young person has to be good enough to get into the first team to start with... if other young people can make it then its not about it being a graveyard for young talent but for people who are not good enough. Doesnt matter if its loanees the case is simple, if they are good enough they play.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...qpr/7845781.stm

QPR striker Patrick Agyemang is likely to be out for three months with the thigh muscle injury he picked up in training just over a fortnight ago.

Exploratory surgery revealed the extent of the 28-year-old's injury.

And physio Paul Hunter told Rangers website: "In terms of recovery time we are talking months rather than weeks.

"The surgeon is happy with the early progress and we're hoping it will be around three months and realistically the earliest he'll be back is April."

The news is a further blow to QPR's play-off hopes following Tuesday's news that club captain Martin Rowlands is set to miss the rest of the season with a knee injury.

So if he's been injured, surely we're not going to pay all that money for him? And according to this he still is injured??? I'd prefer Rowan Vine to him anyway!

Shall we do a poll on how quick this gets closed now? :giggle:

load of crap.

just look at our backline. gilbert,hobbs, morrison,mattock, then we have cleverly, king and martin

the point is that the young person has to be good enough to get into the first team to start with... if other young people can make it then its not about it being a graveyard for young talent but for people who are not good enough. Doesnt matter if its loanees the case is simple, if they are good enough they play.

of those you mention only 2 are home grown the others are imports

I always thought that he was an avarage player (not saying he's absoloutly rubbish or anything like that).

When he signed for QPR he scored 7 or 8 I think in his first few games but then I haven't heard much of hi since then.

However, at League 1 level and as we are in need of a striker I would take him.

650k is a bit 'over priced' I think. :whistle:

I didn't realise those all come through OUR academy

Thracian mentioned young players not academy players and said that youth wasn't being given a chance. Having seen our academy players I'd take the young loans and signings over them at the moment.

They're all home grown. Just because they're on loan doesn't believe they're not English. lol

Homegrown means from the UK.

can i draw you to the point in my post where i said ' doesnt matter if they are loanees' :thumbup:

simple fact is if our players were good enough, they would be playing as NP has showed he isnt against playing young players at all.

I always thought that he was an avarage player (not saying he's absoloutly rubbish or anything like that).

When he signed for QPR he scored 7 or 8 I think in his first few games but then I haven't heard much of hi since then.

However, at League 1 level and as we are in need of a striker I would take him.

650k is a bit 'over priced' I think. :whistle:

i reckon wesa will be thrown into the deal. 300k and wesa. :D

In a perfect world, we would all want our 1st team players to come from the acadamy BUT this really isn't the case, only a few make it and that is because only a few are truely good enough like with most clubs.

The first team needs to put out the strongest side possible, irrelevant of age or a players development. It's even harder for Pearson and Leicester to help develop young players by giving them 1st team appearances because we are expected to win every game and can't take as many risks as some clubs with less ambition and pressure week in week out.

The argument for going with experience over age can't be used anymore either as like mentioned we are using many young, inexperienced players, mainly loanees but still similar to our youngsters, just better.

Gradel is the only real case Thracian has at the moment as the others he mentioned aren't good enough and as we are winning constantly, Pearson would be a fool to change it and introduce a player like Porter. Gradel for me has a lot of promise, however is still someone I wouldn't start week in week out. I do think he should make more appearance off the bench though BUT lets save these kind of arguments to when we are losing matches because at the moment Pearson can't put a foot wrong with me. Best manager we have had since Martn O'Neil, and that's not just because we are a big club in league 1, it's more to do with his team selections, his tactics and his many quality signings!!!

Archived