Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Oldham Pre-Match thingamebob, whatsamacallit.

0,,10274~5324660,00.jpg

Leicester City are 'extremely confident' that Saturday's League One clash against Oldham Athletic will go ahead as planned.

Heavy snow falls overnight have again caused chaos around the county - with many schools and offices once again closed.

The Walkers Stadium pitch is currently covered by a layer of snow, while the surrounding car parks are also covered.

But the club have plans in place to make sure the game goes ahead as planned on Saturday evening.

A City spokesman said: "We are extremely confident that both the pitch and surrounding areas of the stadium will be clear of snow ahead of our game this weekend.

"Supporters are advised that both the Ticket Office and Megastore at the stadium remain open for business despite the adverse weather conditions."

Fans are also reminded the special Leicester Mercury ticket offer for the fixture has been extended.

I thought we had under soil heating, so the pitch shouldn't be a problem. As long as the roads are passable it'll go ahead.
Thought exactly the same!

We do have but they wont put it on with all that snow on it otherwise they'll flood it. There's also no point in clearing it too early only for it to be covered in snow again.

As you say it's really down to the roads and the availability of public transport that will affect it.

I'm sure the story has more to do with selling tickets than the weather.

Only go to see the Latics?

Ha. No. I go to about 10-15 games a season but he works Saturdays so can rarely come with me. He'll go a weeknight one (Brighton for example) but I'm in London so always tough to coincide our trips.

Not really worth starting another thread about but apparently Matty's been interviewed for Soccer Saturday this week

OS

Oh, and there's some pics of ground staff clearing snow on there too

and for that debate about if we had unsoil heating; confirmation:

0,,10274~5325248,00.jpg

The undersoil heating at the Walkers Stadium has already started to evaporate the snow on the pitch.

Head groundsman Ed Mowe checks up on the boiler that is connected to the undersoil heating system.

The club has an uncanny ability to make things sound worse than they really are. It's like constructed drama in a soap opera. Very cheap.

Of course, people will show up on Saturday. It's a big game. I doubt the fans want to attend yet ANOTHER Tuesday night game. Saturdays attract a far bigger crowd anyway, so I wonder why that little "problem" is actually featured on the OS. They'd be shooting themselves in their own foot if it got cancelled.

Oh, England and snow... lol

Does anybody know what the attendance is likely to be like?

Would be helpful if someone could give me an idea as I need to sort something out regarding seating arrangements.

I'd have thought around 20-22,000. Should be plenty of spaces in which to acquire tickets.

Does anybody know what the attendance is likely to be like?

Would be helpful if someone could give me an idea as I need to sort something out regarding seating arrangements.

Would think it's likely to be well attended since the merc are doing an offer on cheap tickets, plus it's a top of the table clash of sorts. I'm guessing 23/24K-ish maybe??

I'd have thought around 20-22,000. Should be plenty of spaces in which to acquire tickets.
Would think it's likely to be well attended since the merc are doing an offer on cheap tickets, plus it's a top of the table clash of sorts. I'm guessing 23/24K-ish maybe??

:thumbup:

Get the forking gritters out.

with 5+ drinking hours before the game - how many FTers are going to be on their arses on the way to the game?

Probably just us in all fairness. A taxi is the way forward.

Archived