Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFcDEC

Bunn!

"Bunny (Mark Bunn) has told me that it was the first penalty he has ever saved. I have seen it since on a replay and it really is a fabulous save. It was a good strike, possibly not as wide as he would have hoped to have hit it, but there was a lot of pace on it. It was an excellent save. He's done well for us snce he arrived and we are very thankful to Blackburn Rovers for allowing us to take him on loan."

From the boss.

Good lad Bunny

I was beyond thrilled with that penalty save. Reminded me of how I felt when Henderson saved Barry's penalty against Villa in the Cup at the Walkers a couple of years ago.

Bunn is a fantastic keeper and it's just great to see him in a Leicester shirt even if it's only for a month. He was cracking today. Determined to enjoy watching him while I can because he won't be signing permanently.

Martin doesn't compare in my book.

PS - Could anyone do a brief summary of the LCFCWorld thing with him? Would be interested to see that. Cheers in advance.

I noticed that too about him in that game, for a young keeper he was very aware of what was going on. Very capable debut but I have every faith in Martin as well (only on goals conceded) :)

he's not a young keeper he's 24 years old

Thought he had a great game today, apart from afew dodgey kicks. I like the fact that he shows passion, and seemed to really want to win. He was getting stick from the Bristol fans behind the goal in the second half but he still took his time taking goals kicks and got booked. When he clapped the fans at the end, im glad he got a good reception from us as his save from the penalty was vital.

Thought he had a great game today, apart from afew dodgey kicks. I like the fact that he shows passion, and seemed to really want to win. He was getting stick from the Bristol fans behind the goal in the second half but he still took his time taking goals kicks and got booked. When he clapped the fans at the end, im glad he got a good reception from us as his save from the penalty was vital.

His response to Howard's goal at Hartlepool was, I felt, over the top.

'Hang on Bunny, you've only been here for minutes' I thought as he punched the air and got all emotional...but he's 100% focussed on the task in hand. Good on him.

And he's called Bunny. How can anything be called Bunny and not be totally ace?

His response to Howard's goal at Hartlepool was, I felt, over the top.

'Hang on Bunny, you've only been here for minutes' I thought as he punched the air and got all emotional...but he's 100% focussed on the task in hand. Good on him.

And he's called Bunny. How can anything be called Bunny and not be totally ace?

Sadly, i didnt get to go Hartlepool, so i never saw that, i'm not sure if he's really that emotional or whether hes trying to win the fans over, but his save today looked a great save, and its good to see someone with passion, even if its abit ott. Maybe hes just happy to be playing first team football.

"Bunny (Mark Bunn) has told me that it was the first penalty he has ever saved. I have seen it since on a replay and it really is a fabulous save. It was a good strike, possibly not as wide as he would have hoped to have hit it, but there was a lot of pace on it. It was an excellent save. He's done well for us snce he arrived and we are very thankful to Blackburn Rovers for allowing us to take him on loan."

From the boss.

Good lad Bunny

Cobblers mates told me different? He said Bunny is top quality at penners and has saved a fair few at his time at cobblers?

Cobblers mates told me different? He said Bunny is top quality at penners and has saved a fair few at his time at cobblers?

Well I dunno why he would tell Nige it was the first he's saved.

maybe he was telling the gaffer it was the first he'd saved for Leicester, which was correct. Although we all know he did not save that crap penalty on Tuesday night <_<

maybe he was telling the gaffer it was the first he'd saved for Leicester, which was correct. Although we all know he did not save that crap penalty on Tuesday night <_<

haha maybe mate, i'll do a bit of late saturday night research!

EDIT - From Wiki...

Bunn has, to date, saved two penalties in his career, against Rotherham United and Tranmere Rovers. On April 27, 2007, he won the Northampton Town player of the season award finishing ahead of Jason Crowe and Chris Doig

Maybe it was the first one he had saved competitively?

We all :wub: Bunn, and he did well with his penalty save.

But some may have forgotten last season in a higher division Paul Henderson saved 3 penalties.

Yes 3 penalties, all very good saves and he was unlucky one was scored from a rebound.

I think Hendo is a lot more commanding than Martin, and unless we can sign a top class keeper at a top class price (£1m or less), we should stick with Hendo next season unless hes just too unfit or injured still.

I don't think we should waste a penny on Martin, and i rekon Liverpool will ask for at least £500k.

Archived