Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2010

Guest DavidJCW

Abso-fucking-lutely LOVE Football Manager at the moment... it's been a day with one of those special moments.

Scraped into 2nd place in the Qualifiers for the World Cup with Belgium after having lost to Turkey and Spain and thinking it wasn't likely we would make it... yet because we beat Turkey by a greater margin than they beat us, we got to take 2nd!

However, we got Germany in the Play-Offs... well I was thinking, the FA wanted us to be competitive, we were... simple as. It was a good run, we'd managed to get a 0-0 draw with Spain in Spain and beat Turkey 3-1 at home... good enough really... now to prevent Germany mauling us.

Went with an ultra-defensive, slow pace, hard tackling, counter-attacking and fairly long-ball game... and we fucking did 'em!!!!!!! 2-0 at there's and 1-0 at ours!!!!!! Couldn't believe it!!! No joke, no cheating, nothing... we just did 'em!!!

WORLD CUP, HERE BELGIUM COMES!!!! :D:scarf:

What happened in 2022? :angry:

Got destroyed by Juventus in the semi-final. Their team was ridiculously good I knew they would win it after they beat us :( but I got revenge the next year :D

Abso-fucking-lutely LOVE Football Manager at the moment... it's been a day with one of those special moments.

Scraped into 2nd place in the Qualifiers for the World Cup with Belgium after having lost to Turkey and Spain and thinking it wasn't likely we would make it... yet because we beat Turkey by a greater margin than they beat us, we got to take 2nd!

However, we got Germany in the Play-Offs... well I was thinking, the FA wanted us to be competitive, we were... simple as. It was a good run, we'd managed to get a 0-0 draw with Spain in Spain and beat Turkey 3-1 at home... good enough really... now to prevent Germany mauling us.

Went with an ultra-defensive, slow pace, hard tackling, counter-attacking and fairly long-ball game... and we fucking did 'em!!!!!!! 2-0 at there's and 1-0 at ours!!!!!! Couldn't believe it!!! No joke, no cheating, nothing... we just did 'em!!!

Haha! I love your enthusiasm for these games! Nice work.

Guest DavidJCW

Haha! I love your enthusiasm for these games! Nice work.

Wish there'd been a camera on me after the 2nd went in at theirs, I was literally bouncing around the house!!! :D

I'm not feeling the love for this as much as I was. I downloaded an update after the transfer window shut and started a game with England. Lost In the World Cup on penos after being 3-2 in the 119th minute against Italy. Italy went on to win it. Then I lost 2-0 against Scotland in the Semi Final of the European Championships, again Scotland went on to beat Italy I'm the final. I'm ranked 2nd in the World, Italy are 1st, Scotland 3rd. Brazil aren't even in the top 10!!

aah. got bored again, took city up, won carling cup, got through knockout stages of europa league, got to jan in 9th place, signed adriano (former inter milan striker) and thought, phuck this is insane, i'm off to do something else.

Now i fancy a challenge building a club up from lower division to top flight, the worse of the better, any country, any suggestions?

aah. got bored again, took city up, won carling cup, got through knockout stages of europa league, got to jan in 9th place, signed adriano (former inter milan striker) and thought, phuck this is insane, i'm off to do something else.

Now i fancy a challenge building a club up from lower division to top flight, the worse of the better, any country, any suggestions?

I got Telford into League 1 from the lowest league in England. I did give myself money to start with though.

went with everton. First match didn't go all that well, a 28-0 friendly defeat to preston. Strange. I clicked the "Team Selection" button in the build up to the match and it took me straight to the match with no squad at all, couldn't go ahead and play the match, couldn't go back and pick a team so did the whole go on holiday thing and came back to find this.

everton-preston4edited.jpg

everton-preston2edited-1.jpg

everton-preston5edited.jpg

Guest DavidJCW

went with everton. First match didn't go all that well, a 28-0 friendly defeat to preston. Strange. I clicked the "Team Selection" button in the build up to the match and it took me straight to the match with no squad at all, couldn't go ahead and play the match, couldn't go back and pick a team so did the whole go on holiday thing and came back to find this.

On the positive side, at least you only lost 28-0 with no team against 11 men... Preston should be ashamed.

just watched the highlights of that match and discovered how i had 29% possession and blocked 17 shots. Although there wasn't actually a team out there. there were 2 invisible players called <Player1> and <Player2>. Quite funny to see shots going in on goal and just bouncing away when there appears to be no-one there. And the taking throw-ins lol

just got through the first 4 league games, drew 2-2 at sunderland (2 in the last 10 for darren bent rescued a point for them), beat wigan at home 2-0 (thank you vagner love - got him for 10mill after he threw many a paddy about wanting to leave), lost 2-1 at arsenal (denilson last minute winner,30 yarder) beat chelsea 2-1 (was 1-0 down with 10 to go, arteta pulled one back with a 25 yard screamer, Last kick of the game winner from vagner love)

sat in mid table, under pressure as the board "feel the 28-0 defeat to preston is unacceptable and expect you to adress this"

Ok so I'm just about done with this game, so I've started my annual cheat game to put that last little bit of life into the game before 2011 comes out, but cheating comes at a price. Playing in the Europa League whilst being in the BSP causes a massive back log of league fixtures, my players are all on their last legs.

Coalville.jpg

Eight games in eight days. lol

Ok so I'm just about done with this game, so I've started my annual cheat game to put that last little bit of life into the game before 2011 comes out, but cheating comes at a price. Playing in the Europa League whilst being in the BSP causes a massive back log of league fixtures, my players are all on their last legs.

Coalville.jpg

Eight games in eight days. lol

I can see the impactitt is having upon your scores!! :whistle:

Guest DavidJCW

Carrying on from this, I've finally made it to the World Cup games after a break during the week cause of work... bloody work messes everything up!

Anyway, we didn't lose a single game during the whole of 2009 and then proceeded to lose to the USA 2-1 in our first game of 2010. I was NOT pleased, but it was only a friendly. Drew 0-0 with the Ivory Coast... and only beat the Faroe Islands 2-1... wasn't looking good for the World Cup!

Drew 1-1 with Chile, drew 1-1 with Italy which was a great result, and then scraped past Mali 2-1 scoring in the last minute to book our place through... a draw would have seen us out so I was ecstatic as you can imagine! :D:scarf:

Then somehow managed to win against Russia 2-1 in the 2nd Round which was complete and utter fluke as they battered us... we just somehow managed to score two fairly late goals. Again, I was beside myself as prior to the first I had my head in my hands... it was shocking stuff!

Have now got a Quarter-Final against who else but.... England. Will let you know how it goes... hoping for another Germany moment! :D COME ON BELGIUM!!! :D:scarf:

Guest DavidJCW

Well I am fucking livid!

We manage to take England to extra time with the score of 1-1 and despite there being NO ACTION WHAT SO EVER in the ENTIRETY of extra time, the ref sees fit to add on 5 minutes of extra time at the end of it and surprise surprise, England score a goal in the 124th minute.

That has ruined... literally ruined my day. :mad:

Archived