Webbo Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 Is there any reason why we have to have our post counts displayed on the board?It's not as if it's anything to be proud/ashamed of. Does anybody take/ dispute peoples opinions on the basis of their post count?
hairy Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 Why have any of it? Should it matter when you joined or where your from or how long you have supported city? Why have a title under the av based on how many posts you have made?
Zingari Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 i agree i sometimes look at my post count the way alcoholics look at the pile of empty bottles and cans the next morning . I can't believe I'm wasting my life in such a way . Please can my post count be gathered up and hidden away at the bottom of the dustbin , just like my empties ? is there any way it can be permanently set at some respectable figure that indicates that i am posting responsibly ?
Bellend Sebastian Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 Yes, get rid of them. It's just another source of embarrassment, as if I didn't have enough of them already
Bert Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 I don't know whether you can get rid of them or not. I know you can have your post count reset if you want to though.
Libertine Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 You can. I've seen a fair few forums without the post counts showing. Not really bothered either way.
StanSP Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 What's the big fuss?? If you don't want a high post count, don't post as much as you do If people want a high post count, and see it as some kind of 'competition', let them.
Bert Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 Can't say I see why people are getting worked up over them to be honest either. I have a sizeable post count, but only post when I see neccessary.
davieG Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 Can't say I see why people are getting worked up over them to be honest either. I have a sizeable post count, but only post when I see neccessary. Was it necessary to tell us that?
Bert Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 Was it necessary to tell us that? Yes. So, now, was it necessary to ask that?
davieG Posted 9 October 2009 Posted 9 October 2009 Yes. So, now, was it necessary to ask that? Err yes as it gets me nearer to my post count target of 25K
Flynny Posted 10 October 2009 Posted 10 October 2009 Is there any reason why we have to have our post counts displayed on the board?It's not as if it's anything to be proud/ashamed of. If that was true there'd be no reason to ask for anything to happen one way or the other.
Webbo Posted 10 October 2009 Author Posted 10 October 2009 If that was true there'd be no reason to ask for anything to happen one way or the other. Then why not have our inside leg measurements on display? It's totally pointless so why bother?
ACF Posted 11 October 2009 Posted 11 October 2009 Yeah, yeah. Yeah your right, only 877 posts! But I do think people don't answer others questions because of there post-count.
Steven Posted 11 October 2009 Posted 11 October 2009 Some of us have a high post count because we have been here a long while.
Flynny Posted 11 October 2009 Posted 11 October 2009 Then why not have our inside leg measurements on display? It's totally pointless so why bother? It's vaguely interesting, occasionally, and a lot of other forums have it turned on. Oh and it actually relates to a messageboard, unlike an inside leg measurement. Apart from that though, excellent comparison.
Webbo Posted 11 October 2009 Author Posted 11 October 2009 It's vaguely interesting, occasionally, and a lot of other forums have it turned on. Oh and it actually relates to a messageboard, unlike an inside leg measurement. Apart from that though, excellent comparison. You're not a fan of the idea then?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.