Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2010 in Music

• 3 weeks later...

Wolf Parade - Expo 86

Not WP's best work out of their three LPs so far, but it still says a lot about the group that they can put out a mediocre album by their standard that's still a good listen.

wolf-parade-expo-86-cover.jpg

(I don't know why, but I think that album cover is hilarious)

• 2 weeks later...

two-thousand-and-ten-injuries.jpg

333.jpg

As mentioned in the "What are you listening to?" thread, here's the album to the track:

tame_impala_innerspeaker-410x410.jpg

Stunning prog/psychodelic rock from Aussieland with a funky touch - highly recommended!

"Solitude is Bliss" is gonna be at or towards the top of my imaginary "Best Songs of 2010" list.

New shit coming out later from Les Savy Fav and The Walkmen. Oh, yeah.

EE.ALBUM_.COV_.PACK_.01sml1.jpeg

Great little album this, much better than I expected it to be. Something fun and different, very nicely crafted album.

:thumbup:

Sometimes close to Wild Beasts, at other times in the style of Peter Gabriel's 80ies material.

Some real good stuff on this one - "MY KZ, UR BF", "Schoolin'" ,"Suffragette Suffragette" or the great Coldplay-like ballad "Nasa Is On Your Side".

But "Final Form" - what a tune!

i have to mention Ash's A-Z series (26 singles in a year, 1 a fortnight).

Single W - Embers came out today for download. It's another brilliant track. 30 second previews of all the 23 singles so far on their site:

www.ashofficial.com

or might be

www.ash-official.com

really, really recommend

• 2 weeks later...

I333M-320x320.jpg

New release from Seattle's The Intelligence... usually, frontman Lars Firschberg records everything himself, and it sounds like he's recorded it in a tin can. This time, he brought his live band in the studio with him, and he's scraped off a bunch of fuzz so you can actually hear him sing on the recordings. As a lo-fi fan, I'm sad... but strangely, I actually do like this one.

The_Budos_Band-III_b.jpg

Straight outta Staten Island, NYC. Dare I say... the best band going? Even more badass Ethopian-influenced funk jazz that's played with deep urgency. The best way to describe the Budos Band is that they play "the music I wish were the soundtrack to the life I wish I were living."

Three exclamation marks - enough said:

chkchkchk.jpg

To use a Briticism, this isn't a patch on their other albums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived