Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2010 in Music

The Delphic album is insanely good!

new stateless due in 2010 as well, The Paradise circus track by Massive Attack is also brilliant although the video a little bizarre

:o:wub:

There were rumours going around a while ago about a possible new album but I highly doubt it. The bands too look out for are Art v Science, Miami Horror, Midnight Juggernauts and fingers crossed new albums from the presets and cut copy. Kym from the Presets just released a solo album recently aswell.

:wub:

Oh and since when has Kym been doing solo stuff?

Going to check out this Delphic album myself. Found Counterpoint back in May, really liked it but then never bothered to check anything else out.

Not really looking forward to anything in particular for 2010, although it would be nice to see something new from Klaxons soon.

Jay Electronica. Been around since 2003ish, but should definitely breakout this year although he'll never be big mainstream wise.

Hes similar to Nas only abit more spiritual, some of the things he talks about are mind blowing, has such a wealth of knowledge on different subjects and I'm pretty much in love with the guy. Married to Erykah Badu and she set up a record label just to pretty much sign him. Good place to start with him would be his Style Warz EP, but his Act 1: The Eternal Sunshine EP is his famous piece of work so far, taking the musical score from the Jim Carrey Movie 'Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, and just rapping over it, tis different gravy. Recently released what I think will act as a first single for his album 'Exhibit C' and it made the top 10 on the iTunes chart stateside, brilliant production on that track.

Well worth a listen if your into real hip-hop and he should have a proper album out this year, although I wont be holding my breath over it!

this year for me is all about The Soft Pack!!

possibly my new favourite band

Just took a listen and liked , may look a few more of theirs up

Uk Hip Hop wise, hopefully a big year for Sonnyjim. He's got a few bits coming out this year. He's from Birmingham, been around for a few years now but still relatively un heard of bar the hardcore UK HH contingent.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Uk Hip Hop wise, hopefully a big year for Sonnyjim. He's got a few bits coming out this year. He's from Birmingham, been around for a few years now but still relatively un heard of bar the hardcore UK HH contingent.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Reminds me a bit of a cross between Roots Manuva and Klashnekoff, sorta. Pretty cool though.

Reminds me a bit of a cross between Roots Manuva and Klashnekoff, sorta. Pretty cool though.

Yeah I find that a lot of Uk rap artists sound very similar accent wise, mainly because the majority come from London or Bristol but he's got a bit of a Brummy twang.

It's not like America where the diversity is greater due to the country being so big, the style changes from coast to coast.

I had a quick look at the Jay Electronica and must say I'm impressed. Some refreshing lyrics. Will have more of a dig in the near future. :thumbup:

Yeah I find that a lot of Uk rap artists sound very similar accent wise, mainly because the majority come from London or Bristol but he's got a bit of a Brummy twang.

It's not like America where the diversity is greater due to the country being so big, the style changes from coast to coast.

I had a quick look at the Jay Electronica and must say I'm impressed. Some refreshing lyrics. Will have more of a dig in the near future. :thumbup:

Yeah its true, sounding like Roots or Klash isnt a bad thing at all though, love them both.

I thought you may like him, he is a breath of fresh air in Hiphop right now, love him.

Jay Electronica. Been around since 2003ish, but should definitely breakout this year although he'll never be big mainstream wise.

Hes similar to Nas only abit more spiritual, some of the things he talks about are mind blowing, has such a wealth of knowledge on different subjects and I'm pretty much in love with the guy. Married to Erykah Badu and she set up a record label just to pretty much sign him. Good place to start with him would be his Style Warz EP, but his Act 1: The Eternal Sunshine EP is his famous piece of work so far, taking the musical score from the Jim Carrey Movie 'Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, and just rapping over it, tis different gravy. Recently released what I think will act as a first single for his album 'Exhibit C' and it made the top 10 on the iTunes chart stateside, brilliant production on that track.

Well worth a listen if your into real hip-hop and he should have a proper album out this year, although I wont be holding my breath over it!

I've seen you mention him before but not got round to checking his music (mainly because you never put a youtube vid up :D)

But after reading this I'm on it. Sounds like I might like him. I loved Erykah Badu years ago but not heard any of her new stuff (if she still doin it) and I never knew she was married. Her first 3 albums had some quality on them.

Gonna check him out aswell. Brum's had a few real good MC's/DJ's over the years but I not been hearin hardly any new stuff for quite a while now cos I gave up goin out and all that a few years back. I don't get chance no more cos me Mrs needs me around at home, plus I'm getting old!

Gonna check him out aswell. Brum's had a few real good MC's/DJ's over the years but I not been hearin hardly any new stuff for quite a while now cos I gave up goin out and all that a few years back. I don't get chance no more cos me Mrs needs me around at home, plus I'm getting old!

Yeah I highly rate him. Does a few things with Jehst, used to do street freestyle battles.

Here's some freestyling with Jehst :

Yeah I highly rate him. Does a few things with Jehst, used to do street freestyle battles.

Here's some freestyling with Jehst :

Crackerjack! Pity I ran out of greenery earlier (wacky d, we rare run out), would of gone down well with this. Some tip top lines in there -

"On a day to day basis I'm faced with fascist racists that don't disguise their hatred for blacks n asians".

Archived