Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Whisky

No, it's alcohol.

That it be and that's what matters! :beer:

Just sampling one of my favourites that I got as a birthday present, Glen Deveron 10YO. It's an incredibly smooth Speyside that's full of chewy toffee and nuts on the palate. It's the only malt from Macduff distillery, the rest of their whisky going into various blends. If you're new to whisky and don't mind shopping around (it's not a supermarket scotch despite it's relatively low price) or like the Glenmorangies/Glenfiddichs then it's is worth hunting down.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this worthy old thread with a dram of Laphroig Quarter Cask, has to be one of the finest malts around.

I'll eagerly second this - if you've only just opened it, make sure you give some of it a few weeks before you polish it off. Honestly after around about a month after being opened it tastes even more sensational...

Edited by lcfcadam

Weird, I was just talking about whisky to a mate this morning.

I need to replensih my supplies. I usually have a few bottles on the go, but drink them sparingly due to the expense. I've noticed that since last Christmas (which is usual when I buy them) prices seem to have gone up for malt whiskys by about £4-5 even at the low end of the spectrum.

Can anyone recommend me anything? I particularly like Islays and Speysides (Glenfarclas 105 being my favourite whisky to date, but it's £60+ a bottle). I'm thinking in the £20-30 price bracket. I did thry something on holiday called anCnoc, which I might go for.

Lastly, has anyone ever bought whisky online? Any good, reliable sites?

Lagavulin

It is a simple word with resounding power. It is Lagavulin - the whisky for men like Prince Charles and Haraven.

Hmm, gone off it since I went to the distillery. It was expensive and the people were very unfriendly, much unlike any other place on Islay where everyone seemed very happy to see non-locals. I know that doesn't reflect the whisky's taste, but it infringes on its character in my mind.

I suppose it suits a royal, then.

Edited by nuttytimmy

Balvenie's on offer at the moment at Tesco's. Only 23 odd quid. An absolutely fantastic drink.

Think that's one that's untried (at least at home - I keep any "new" whisky bottle after it's finished and put them along the top of the kitchen cabinets), so it seems a trip to tesco is in order! :thumbup: