Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Whisky

• 1 year later...

Which one is best as I can't decide and I'm going to treat myself tomorrow.

Isle of Jura 10 year old single malt whisky or Aberlour 10 year old single malt whisky

Without knowing what your tastes are it's difficult to tell you - having tried both though, I'd go Aberlour as an excellent all rounder at a good price.

I usually drink Whyte & Mackay Special if that's any help. I was swinging towards the Jura before you posted but I'm no Whiskey expert.

They're both nice but you'll only find out which one you prefer by tasting them yourself.

Bought someone a bottle of 12 year ode Chivas Regal from Sainsbury's today. It's their favourite kind of whisky.

I was trying to find it online for ages the other day but couldn't remember the name. Knew it was about £23 so thought it was a malt and spent about 90 minutes trawling through malt whisky's. Turns out it's blummin blended. I didn't think you could buy blended for more than about £12, thought blended was all cheap stuff!

Ok thanks Webbo & Trav. I'll decide when I get there and post tomorrow night when I've had my 1st tripple.

That was meant to say tipple. :) Anyway I went with the Jura, Very nice although I would of liked it to linger in the mouth a little longer if you get my drift.

Edited by Leicfox

Hey you never know until you try - it's always nice to find a proper whisky shop that will let you try before you buy. Not many of them around though. The Bulls Head in Clipston (just over the border in Northants) used to have over 600 whiskies, but sadly taken over and doesn't any more. :(

Anyone shed some light on Gentleman Jacks? Is it much better than normal JD. Had a few JD on the rocks last night, for the first time without"ruining" it with coke. Very nice on its own. Will I notice much else in the GJ? Or is it a marketing ploy to make a few more quid

Anyone shed some light on Gentleman Jacks? Is it much better than normal JD. Had a few JD on the rocks last night, for the first time without"ruining" it with coke. Very nice on its own. Will I notice much else in the GJ? Or is it a marketing ploy to make a few more quid

It's not noticeably better than normal JD to be honest. I actually prefer the normal, although the honey one is pretty good too.

Jameson's is my more mass produced Whisky of choice. Love the stuff.

Sorry this is a Whisky thread, you want the piss tasting American shite thread. :P

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Gentleman Jack is much smoother. A nice drink to relax you, a comtemplative tipple, rather than a WOW! one.

Sorry this is a Whisky thread, you want the American Bourbon shite thread.

Oooooh, Cap - Jack Daniels is a whiskey, not a bourbon.

Gentleman Jack is much smoother. A nice drink to relax you, a comtemplative tipple, rather than a WOW! one.

Oooooh, Cap - Jack Daniels is a whiskey, not a bourbon.

I edited you bastard, you weren't supposed to see that.

Either way it is still american shite and not whisky.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Tastes nice to me. That's all that matters. Wondered what people's views were on GJ wasn't asking for your snobbish my whiskys better than your whiskey/bourbon or whatever crap you're going on

Jeez you're a bit touchy, maybe you should ask for a sense of humour for Christmas, been spending too much time on the main forum no doubt, we like to have a laugh down here, lighten up.