Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shrenchel

Whisky

laphroaig is very peaty and comes in a very green bottle, maybe that's what you are thinking of?

damn, now i'm thinking about whisky and it's 9am

possibly. I can't remember....

As for 9am I'm starting on saturday at that time.... a stag do but without the stag is how we are describing saturday.

beer

football

beer

hooters

dogs

beer

rock city

trent kebabs at 3:30am for chicken and chips at £1.50

All of that via pit and pendulum as well (£6.66 cocktail pitchers - wrath: amorreto, JD and coke)

Might try and fit some whisky in there somewhere as well as breakfast...

Edited by adam1

Ditto (well, me four, technically, I suppose!) :sick:

proving that girls are, indeed, rubbish....

King of whiskies..... damn I need a glass now :beer:

blended? king? hmmm, not so sure about that?

If you like American whisky, this is a Rye. I really like it but maybe for sentimental reasons; I spent many a happy an hour supping this with a great friend, sadly no longer with us. Ah the Old Absiththe Bar in Nawlins

overholt.jpg

Important topic.

I've tasted more than 300 types of whisky. The best whiskies imho are from Islay. Lagavulin, Laphroaig, Bruichladdich, Bowmore and the classic Ardbeg are all fantastic. Speyside-people may have their cognac look alikes, but Islay knows the deal. ;)

Double destilled and from Scotland are clues here. The Irish make good beer, but their whiskies are weak compared of the might of the Scots.

Japan try, but doesn't really come close. Sweden has one, but since they are Swedes I am prohibited of saying anything positive.

I recommend a weekend on Islay, fantastic place. o/

I much prefer Scotch whisky to most Irish and American whiskeys (although Jack Daniels' Tennessee Whiskey and Jim Beam bourbon certainly have their purposes).

I'm not much of a whisky connoisseur, but I do enjoy the good stuff if I get a chance. The liquor store next to my job is going a tasting of The Glenlivet tomorrow... oooooh! :D I think I know what I'm doing after work!

Most of the high-quality whiskys I've drank tend to be blends, though. My stepfather busted out an old bottle of Johnnie blue last Christmas and went to pour us all shots of it. Shots?!?! I couldn't let that happen; you've got to savor that shit.

I went to a college that was known for celebrating Scottish culture, as its original benefactor was of Scottish heritage (the school is even a member of his clan). Every year, they have a huge whisky tasting.

Unfortunately, a really good, single-malt Scotch costs a little too much money that I can afford to spend now, so if I'm in the whisky mood, Dewar's White Label is my poison of choice. Yep, poison indeed... that'll put some hair on your chest (and give you some serious stank breath if you're not careful). It's usually the house Scotch at the local bars. A couple of weeks ago, I was hanging out with a lady friend and we christened a couple of new shot glasses with my bottle of DWL. Last weekend, I stopped by her place--we went down to the basement, and lo and behold: an old bottle of Dewar's White Label (how old? well, the white label had turned into a yellow label). I'm gonna go ahead and stick the :wub: smiley here even though it's probably way too early for me to use it.

• 9 months later...

Ha! Perfect topic.

Not really been a Whisky man myself so far, but my trip to Edinburgh and a visit to a mate of mine who lives in Dunblane recently brought me to Crieff, Perthshire.

And guess what place I went to see there - Glenturret Distillery (Est. 1775).

A little bit hidden in a forest area and looking a bit bland on the outside, but boy do they know how to promote their product.

Three different tours available, sample testing included (up to four different samples). A 3D-animated Tour of Scotland rounds it off.

A rather large bunch of Swedes were also there, buying tons of the stuff - I take it they need some fresh ideas to improve their own home product, Haraven?biggrin.gif

Now proud owner of a 10-year old Glenturret Single Malt and a Famous Grouse.

No idea whether I'll ever drink them, though - feels a bit like sitting on liquid gold.

Edited by Alex.

Ha! Perfect topic.

Not really been a Whisky man myself so far, but my trip to Edinburgh and a visit to a mate of mine who lives in Dunblane recently brought me to Crieff, Perthshire.

And guess what place I went to see there - Glenturret Distillery (Est. 1775).

A little bit hidden in a forest area and looking a bit bland on the outside, but boy do they know how to promote their product.

Three different tours available, sample testing included (up to four different samples). A 3D-animated Tour of Scotland rounds it off.

A rather large bunch of Swedes were also there, buying tons of the stuff - I take it they need some fresh ideas to improve their own home product, Haraven?biggrin.gif

Now proud owner of a 10-year old Glenturret Single Malt and a Famous Grouse.

No idea whether I'll ever drink them, though - feels a bit like sitting on liquid gold.

If you don't want them I will gladly buy them off you. wouldn't want you to worry wether you should drink them or not!!

If you don't want them I will gladly buy them off you. wouldn't want you to worry wether you should drink them or not!!

If I ever become an Alcoholic, I know whom I'd have to say thanks to!!!laugh.gif

You made me do it!!!

I mean, I'd fancy buying that stuff back home, but Glenturret deliver to the UK only. So, for now, I'm keeping them bottles.

EDIT: Btw, I can but recommend a tour to the area. What a lovely place.

I nearly killed myself when i was about 20,when my mates dared me to drink half a pint of the stuff.to this day i have not touched the stuff and i feel ill with the smell.serves me right for being an idiot!

God i remember doing that with pernod,when i was about 16,my god i was ill,just the smell makes me heave :S

• 4 weeks later...

been sampling a few decent whiskies as of late:

If anyone is into their blended whiskeys then i suggest trying one called "Dewars"

and for those who like the smokey Islay ones get a sample of "Smokehead" some top stuff that one is!