Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Team Vs Ipswich and other pre-match chatter

Wouldn't it have quicker to look here : http://www.lcfc.com/page/Fixtures/0,,10274,00.html

than write and post that?

Or even the calendar events at the bottom of the forum home page

a) The OS is hardly the most reliable source of correct information, or information at all for that fact - Granted neither is a forum where anyone can post anything, but I get most of my information on the club on here, It's not very often I use the OS anymore.

b) I don't often go to the bottom of the page to look at the Calendar events, and forgot there even was one with that information on.

Why are people taking Howard out the team?

He's not done anything wrong...

I only took him out cos I'd quite like to see what Yann can do up front with Fryatt. Not that I actually think he'll start Yann because as you say Howard has done very little wrong in the last couple of games, although he certainly looks like he'll provide some competition for the so called target man position, judging by his aerial ability :thumbup:

I really don't know which team we should field for Ipswich. I'd have to have a good long think about it because the way things are going,

we are due to play 4 games in 11 days, (as told by Stringer on Radio Leicester).

I would imagine we are going to protect some players from knackering themselves out.

Merc

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson is hopeful Wayne Brown and Bruno Berner will return for Sunday's clash with Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium (3pm).

Berner missed Saturday's FA Cup victory over Swansea City with a calf injury, while Brown failed a fitness test after missing training during the week with a muscle strain.

However, Brown should be fit to face the Tractor Boys while Pearson is also hopeful of having Berner available again. The Swiss international has not featured since limping out of the victory over Sheffield Wednesday on December 12.

"Wayne has probably got a better chance than Bruno at this moment, but with us getting the extra day we hope to get both back," Pearson said. "We will have to wait and see how they progress this week in training."

The duo's return duo would be a boost for Pearson, but he revealed he has been delighted with the performances of their stand-ins, Michael Morrison and Ryan McGivern.

Merc

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson is hopeful Wayne Brown and Bruno Berner will return for Sunday's clash with Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium (3pm).

Berner missed Saturday's FA Cup victory over Swansea City with a calf injury, while Brown failed a fitness test after missing training during the week with a muscle strain.

However, Brown should be fit to face the Tractor Boys while Pearson is also hopeful of having Berner available again. The Swiss international has not featured since limping out of the victory over Sheffield Wednesday on December 12.

"Wayne has probably got a better chance than Bruno at this moment, but with us getting the extra day we hope to get both back," Pearson said. "We will have to wait and see how they progress this week in training."

The duo's return duo would be a boost for Pearson, but he revealed he has been delighted with the performances of their stand-ins, Michael Morrison and Ryan McGivern.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :dunno:>_<

Why are people taking Howard out the team?

He's not done anything wrong...

Because it's cool to hate on Howard.

Me and maddog have pioneered this campaign, and we are generally accepted as being two of the cooler posters on FT :cool:

but, seriously, people are dropping him because whilst he hasn't done much wrong, he also hasn't done much right, i didn't catch much of the swansea game, but every time you see him in the highlights his body language tells the story -

we are a team looking at promotion to the prem, it's not a case of wanting kermo to be a revalation, it's about needing him to be, and if that is at the expense of howard, so be it... at his best Howard is just a poor man's Ian Marshall, kermo (we hope) could be the sort of centre forward we haven't had for many many years

besides, posters on this site have a great propensity to pick the team based on the previous game, so it is inevitable

Whaddya know, Valarenga was right :giggle:

It happens all the time :whistle:

that said, i still think Howard will start, and i will not, as i said earlier, be too disappointed, i think the change needs to happen, but with yann gradually being introduced - throwing players in at the deep end is never good, a couple more half hour stints will probably get the best out of both yann AND howard.

oh, and why rush berner and (especially) brown back, when their replacements are doing alright - a fit brown can be a liability, a half knackered one is not even worth thinking about!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :dunno:>_<

that's what I was thinking, don't want to see Morrison who is playing very well shunted back to right back to accommodate Brown, Stead is banned and Ipswich's other strikers rely more on movement then physicality

Guest Mee-9
Because he's a shit fat slow lazy crap past it donkey whos nearly at the end of his career :dunno:

God you've really got a vendetta against him.

I'd love to see Mad-dog play up front. He's good. Because he aint a pacy, young striker, you seem to hate on him.

You probably were not hating him when he scored that goal against leeds :rolleyes:

Team :

Weale

Morrison

Brown

Hobbs

Berner

Oakley

Wellens

King

Dyer

Howard

Fryatt

If Browns fit, that is our strongest defence, and with Morrison impressing, it'd be a shame to keep him out the team.

Fingers crossed it aint off, snow forcast for Norfolk on Friday :S

God you've really got a vendetta against him.

I'd love to see Mad-dog play up front. He's good. Because he aint a pacy, young striker, you seem to hate on him.

You probably were not hating him when he scored that goal against leeds :rolleyes:

Team :

Weale

Morrison

Brown

Hobbs

Berner

Oakley

Wellens

King

Dyer

Howard

Fryatt

If Browns fit, that is our strongest defence, and with Morrison impressing, it'd be a shame to keep him out the team.

Fingers crossed it aint off, snow forcast for Norfolk on Friday :S

just as well its being played in Leicester, even if it wasn't Ipswich is in Suffolk

Guest Mee-9
just as well its being played in Leicester, even if it wasn't Ipswich is in Suffolk

My Geography skills are limited :whistle:

I meant snow's forcast, so Ipswich will have to travel to Leicester, and the roads are looking pretty bad.

Really looking forward to this.

i'm taking three girls to their first ever football match

Bit annoyed i can't get them in L1 though cause it might be a bit of a squeeze

they'll still love it in the 'kop' though.... only cause we'll be pissed.

Glad the game is on a Sunday as it means I get to the Walkers again!!!!!

My team would be:

Weale

Morrison Brown Hobbs Berner

Oakley King Wellens Dyer

Fryatt Howard ( subded for Kermo)

Other subs: Waggy, N Guessan, Adams, Parkes,

Seriously if Neilson starts I'm asking NP if I can play.

Any ideas when the Cardiff game will be?

Seriously if Neilson starts I'm asking NP if I can play.

Any ideas when the Cardiff game will be?

Yeah, okay then.

And to those putting Waghorn in their squads, I thought the postponements didn't count as part of his ban? So then Ipswich would be the last of his 3 match ban?

And to those putting Waghorn in their squads, I thought the postponements didn't count as part of his ban? So then Ipswich would be the last of his 3 match ban?

Plymouth-1

Sheff Utd- 2

Swansea- 3

There's his 3 match ban done. FA Cup games do count.

Archived