Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fryatt

The more I watch it, the worse it looks. There doesn't seem to be any effort to play the ball, he just takes Matty out. You could say it was a clumsy challenge, but there's more to it than that, there's a degree of intent.

Disgrace.

My bad

I am undecided on this. It looks nasty sometimes, and then other times, it just looks clumsy. Stock is clearly initially going for the ball, but Fryatt seems to take him by surprise when he gets close to him. Is Stock not just trying to get out the way when he sees him late, putting his hands up to defend himself from a collision - a natural reaction, which we all would do. Why he jumps is a mystery, and thats what makes me undecided. Definite penalty though, as it was either a clumsy foul...or a malicious tackle in the box. We shouldn't read too much into him not speaking on Radio Leicester about it though, as he knows that in the 2-3 days (or longer as Fryatt is our big player) straight afterwards, everybody is going to be out to get him, catch him out, say something stupid. It'll be a witch hunt. Regardless of the intent in the challenge. His PR team at Donny have probably warned him against it.

Now obviously the 6 seconds SSN reply is not ideal, and I wasnt at the game, but I think one or two on here might be being a bit harsh. Especially when comparing it to Morgan's elbow on Hume. Now that was nasty, and this should not [in my opinion] be compared to that. That and Thatchers assault on Mendes are in a different league to this.

In response to those saying if he did this at a nightclub he would be arrested, then yeah he probably would. So what?! In sport, whatever sport, things happen were you would be arrested at another time. If you pulled off the most legitimate tackle in the world at a nightclub you would probably be arrested!! Time and a place.....

I am obviously as gutted as anyone that Fryatt is out for a long time, but in response to those people saying this season is over, I think you are wrong. This league is average 90% of the time, so I believe that we can churn out enough results to keep us there or there abouts. It was always going to be a close run thing between us and a handful of other sides, and we are still in the race. Whatever happens for the rest of the season...knowing Leicester it will have its ups and downs. At least its never dull....apart from the football that is. Anyway, it has been a better than expected return to The Championship.

I am undecided on this.

I am obviously as gutted as anyone that Fryatt is out for a long time, but in response to those people saying this season is over, I think you are wrong. This league is average 90% of the time, so I believe that we can churn out enough results to keep us there or there abouts. It was always going to be a close run thing between us and a handful of other sides, and we are still in the race. Whatever happens for the rest of the season...knowing Leicester it will have its ups and downs. At least its never dull....apart from the football that is. Anyway, it has been a better than expected return to The Championship.

I currently agree with you on this one Sam, having played the game it's sometimes unavoidable that you run towards another player - I expect the jump was a vein and unsucessful attempt to get out of the way? But the sky clip is too far away, so until I see a closer shot, I don't know how anyone can make a sure judgement.

And in terms of our season being over - wasn't it over the other week when we had the cheek to drop to ninth! Bloody fickle fans!

I currently agree with you on this one Sam, having played the game it's sometimes unavoidable that you run towards another player - I expect the jump was a vein and unsucessful attempt to get out of the way? But the sky clip is too far away, so until I see a closer shot, I don't know how anyone can make a sure judgement.

And in terms of our season being over - wasn't it over the other week when we had the cheek to drop to ninth! Bloody fickle fans!

There fickle alright :thumbup:

Generally at the time I thought there was no malicious intent, just a player 'not giving an inch' (or whatever phrase you prefer) in a collision/tackle.

The video is from a different angle (to what I saw) and the raised arm and knee looks to be deliberate. Whether Stock was protecting himself or looking to cause harm is unsure, only he will know that.

all these people clambering for a recall for Campbell, do we actually have a recall option in the 1st place? not that I think he'd do any good in the 4-3-3 system, the man other then Fryatt best suited is probably Kermit, but he's injured so we'll probably have to return to the awkward 4-4-2 Pearson insists on

Challenge really does not look at all pretty and if I'm honest, from the way the Donny player has landed after smashing Fryatt, it does not look an accident. Maybe it's just unfortunate camera positioning or a fortunate landing, but if he was really trying to avoid a collision, I doubt he'd have made such a smooth, composed landing.

I'm still not Fryatt's biggest fan and certainly think there's aspects of his game that are unbelievably infuriating, but I wouldn't wish that kind of injury on anyone, and hope he recovers fully from it as soon as possible.

Never did he mean that, he's just saw he's about ro run into someone and put his arm up/knee up to protect himself. Nothing wrong with it.

And we'll be alright without him, providing Gallagher doesn't replace him.

STEEEEEEEEEEEVE to the rescue.

I think the worst thing about all this is that the ref didnt even see it at first.

They seriously need to stop all the Respect The Ref rubbish, and start teaching them how to do their jobs properly, and start putting some rules in as to the fitness of the officials. Did anyone else notice the linesmen on the left during the second half, he couldnt even keep up with play he was that fat and unfit (and i'm not even saying this in a malicious way, he must have weighed 17-20 stone), at quite a few points in the game he had to stop and take his eyes off the game just to take a breather, and he's only running up and down the line.

I think they should introduce some sort of video and goalline evidence, if anything just to show these refs up when they are making bad decisions, and doc'ing their wages accordingly when they have these shockers that everyone can see apart from them and the FA. The fact that they dont even seem to be penalised for making bad judgements over and over again baffles the mind. How can the standards of refs get better when nothings being done about the bad and biasd ones.

I dont understand how it's possible that the refs in this league seem to be worse than the one's we had in league 1. How can the standards get worse the furthur up the league you go, it makes no sense.

I do find it a little worrying that a player with that sort of head injury laid there for quite a while whilst the game was allowed to continue, if he had swallowed his tongue it could have had dire consequences. Ref was oblivious to it all,

I think the worst thing about all this is that the ref didnt even see it at first.

They seriously need to stop all the Respect The Ref rubbish, and start teaching them how to do their jobs properly.

Some challenge that would be on the evidence of Tuesday.

And Lou is quite right. The referees action in allowing play to continue might even have been fatal.

I'm not one for stopping games unnecessarily. In fact all the contrived time-wasting tactics, including feigned injuries and the endless substitutions, just piss me off because they ruin the flow of the game.

But the Fryatt collision wasn't in any way marginal. It was the sporting equivalent to two artics colliding head on. It was obvious from impact there would be injury and it was likely to be serious. And if the ref didn't see that or act on it immediately, then his helpers should have.

Theres no way they can tell at this stage how soon he will be back. Some breaks take longer to heal than expected - we all have different bone strengths etc. I would be surprised if he plays this season, also after 8 weeks out itll take a while to get back to full training and match fitness.

I think best not to count on him coming back at all this season.

My first reaction from sk3 was that he took him out and it was a penalty and after watching again it was still a penalty. The referee had definately 100% had a bet on the draw he was so biased. He missed at least 2 corners which you wold have to be blind not to see.

Pearson should have stayed with the 4 3 3 and why so many boring whingers around sk3 you would think we were bottom of the league.

The guy's challenge was terrible. He was running to the balls, and then changed his posture so he effectively smashed Fryatt with a shoulder. No effort to play the ball. It's a red card. No chance was it accidental, in my opinion.

Why does everyone keep saying this when he clearly nips the ball away from Fryatt?! Are you all blind?!

Yeah, the follow through is absolutely ****ing disgusting. It's a clear penalty/red card, but he does initially win the ball.

Archived