Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fryatt

It wasn't the full back it was their centre mid Brian Stock! Their full back collide with their GK after the Fryatt incident happened. So revenge it was not! A three month ban is harsh! Challenges and collisions like that happen all the time it was just to our misfortune that Matty was seriously injured, on another day he would have got up and carried on.

You have not seen the "collision" on the tv obviously, Stock deliberately jumped at Fryatt leading with his forearm / elbow, a definate red card offence and what ever ban goes with it ! would give anything to have Walshy in the team at Doncaster that`s for sure.

You have not seen the "collision" on the tv obviously, Stock deliberately jumped at Fryatt leading with his forearm / elbow, a definate red card offence and what ever ban goes with it ! would give anything to have Walshy in the team at Doncaster that`s for sure.

I have seen it actually. I was just stating that 3 months is over the top. People seem to be taking this out of context because it was our player, rather like the Arsenal fans did after Taylor's challenge on Eduardo. Neither Taylor or Stock would have deliberately set out to injure Eduardo or Fryatt but they did. This challenge is nothing like the one that Morgan did on Hume but people are making out that it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Doncaster skipper Brian Stock says Matty Fryatt has accepted his apology over the challenge which left the Leicester City striker with a double fracture of the jaw.

Fryatt faces several weeks on the sidelines after suffering the injury in a collision with Stock when the two clubs battled out a goalless draw at the Walkers Stadium on February 9.

"There is no way I would go out to hurt a fellow professional," said Stock, writing in the matchday programme ahead of the return on Tuesday night which City won 1-0.

"It was a total accident and the first time that I have done something like this to another player. To see him in such a bad way was unpleasant.

"As soon as it happened, my only function was to make sure that he was all right.

"To injure a player isn't me and it isn't my style. I have been in touch with Matty and he's accepted my apology.

"I wish him all the best for a very speedy and full recovery."

No action was taken against Stock for the challenge and City did not take the matter any further, although manager Nigel Pearson was clearly unhappy after reviewing video footage.

Stock missed Tuesday's clash at the Keepmoat Stadium with a back injury.

It's good that he's actually took the time to appologise to him properly, theirs a few questionable things he's said in this interview though. Firstly he could have avoided the challenge altogether but he followed through, and secondly when the challenge happened, he spent 5 minits rolling around on the floor trying to make it look like he was worse off than matty, then spent the next 5 minits standing their staring at him from 10ft away. It wasnt until fryatt was actually taken off the pitch that he seemed to care at all about what he had done, saying as soon as it happened the only thing he could think about was making sure he was ok is complete BS.

• 2 weeks later...
Lost 2 stone since he had his jaw broken.

TWO STONE?! Jesus.... Let's hope he can put (some of) that back on sharpish. He's never looked 'fat', but maybe losing two stone might help in the long run? Make him a bit leaner? Or give him the option of putting back the weight on in muscle mass?

makes you wonder how he has been able to eat, poor fella... im guessing soups, ect..

I've always wanted to try a blended roast dinner... Just to see what its like. Can't imagine how a professional footballer can ever begin to get the necessary nutrients etc from smoothies and soups. Gotta be tough.

From the Merc:

Leicester City head physiotherapist Dave Rennie has revealed it will be touch and go whether Matty Fryatt will play again this season.

Striker Fryatt has lost nearly a stone and a half since he fractured his jaw in two places following a collision with Doncaster Rovers captain Brian Stock four weeks ago.

Fryatt was initially told to rest completely and his progress has been reviewed twice weekly.

Rennie said his treatment had gone as well as possible and he could have the protective brace removed from his jaw next Thursday, and could then commence light training.

However, Rennie said the weight loss had been more than they hoped for and Fryatt faced a lot of hard work to regain his fitness before the end of the season, although he stressed there would be no lasting damage.

1x1.GIF"He has lost 19lbs and we would have preferred that he hadn't lost so much weight, but he has been on nothing but milkshakes since the injury," said Rennie.

"I think a single fracture would have been easier to deal with but the fact it was a double fracture has really restricted what he can do.

"For example, he hasn't been able to lift anything heavy because you naturally clench your jaw and we have to be careful he doesn't go back to square one.

"But he has been reviewed at hospital twice a week and they are very happy with his progress.

"Hopefully, we can get the brace off his jaw next week and start some very light training like on an exercise bike for about 10 days before he can start to do any jogging. He certainly can't have any contact for eight weeks from the injury.

"He will be working some long hours and will be doing double training sessions, so there is a lot of work ahead and it is touch and go whether he will be available for the first team again.

"However, the bone has knitted very well and there will be no long-term effect."

Rennie revealed that City defender Aleksandar Tunchev's knee surgery had also gone well.

The Bulgarian international underwent a procedure called bone fractures at a clinic in London last Wednesday and will now be sidelined for between four and six months.

Tunchev had to have the surgery after a course of injections failed to correct the persistent problem, which has kept him out of action since his brief return in September following knee ligament surgery.

"The procedure stimulates the growth of cartilage around the knee and forces it to re-grow," added Rennie.

"It isn't as strong as the original cartilage but it is better than nothing.

"It will be close to six months before he is available again."

Probably why we've gone for Vaughan.

sounds like a truly terrible injury and the consequences of weight loss have caused additional complications- good luck with the recuperation Matty.

Good news (of sorts) about Tunchev if the latest procedure is going well. Didn't he get sent off to Spain or somewhere with the original injury? Looks like he should have just stayed in the UK to get it sorted out

People joking about his weight before should know that he used to weigh 11st 0lbs (according to OS, so could be false) which now means our leading striker weighs just over 9st! He's going to need to chain the burgers down over summer to get back to being 'fat'.

People joking about his weight before should know that he used to weigh 11st 0lbs (according to OS, so could be false) which now means our leading striker weighs just over 9st! He's going to need to chain the burgers down over summer to get back to being 'fat'.

My kind of diet.

That's a simply outrageous amount of weight to lose in such a short space of time, bad times. Definitely going to affect everything about his game unless he can pile lean mass on pretty sharpish.

Hope all goes well on the recovery front, as much as he's frustrating he's been a bloody good striker this season.

Guest DavidJCW

As suspected then, Tunchev's injury means his knee will never be as good as it was before the injury... possibly meaning he'll not be as good as he was before as he'll need to protect it?

And Fryatt, well we won't see him until next season now as even if his jaw heals in time, he'll still have to put the weight back on and train back to full fitness which is unlikely to happen all in the space of 2 months.

As suspected then, Tunchev's injury means his knee will never be as good as it was before the injury... possibly meaning he'll not be as good as he was before as he'll need to protect it?

And Fryatt, well we won't see him until next season now as even if his jaw heals in time, he'll still have to put the weight back on and train back to full fitness which is unlikely to happen all in the space of 2 months.

Shearer did the same injury early in his Newcastle career and came back stronger then before, Tunchev can do the same, he just needs to be patient and not try to rush back.

Tomáš Rosický was out for nearly 2 years at Arsenal and came back and is now playing really well again.

People really need to stop panicking when it comes to Tunchev's knee problems

Archived