Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fryatt

Could the FA sue/ban the Donny player in retrospect for intention of bodily harm?

Wish Fryatt a speedy recovery and that our other strikers (namely Gallager, who I hope and think will replace Matty up front - provided Pearson finally lets him play in his original role) step up and deliver themselves. We got the quality, now all we need is quality - goals.

Stock's challenge was the kind of physical, over robust effort that the more skillful players have to put up with all the time.

I doubt there was intent to cause Fryatt real harm but there was was intent to let Fryatt know that he was about. Defenders do it all the time and whilst serious injury on last nights scale is rare it does take it out on players over the course of a season.

Having seen some of the Merseyside derby at the weekend, players suffered far worse tackles and walked away, Fryatt was really unlucky to be hurt by a robust, untidy tackle that was clearly meant as a 'reducer' (Ronglish), but was hardly vicious.

Good Luck Matty....

Could the FA sue/ban the Donny player in retrospect for intention of bodily harm?

Wish Fryatt a speedy recovery and that our other strikers (namely Gallager, who I hope and think will replace Matty up front - provided Pearson finally let's him play in his original role) step up and deliver themselves. We got the quality, now all we need is quality - goals.

They can review the video and impose a punishment if they want to as nothing was done at the time, I don't think they'll do anything.

Regardless of intent the way the Donny player went up into Matty's face with limbs flying was surely dangerous play and should have been booked. From SK3 and dead in line with the incident it looked absolutely sickening. I simply don't understand how what turned out to be a double fracture of the jaw wasn't considered by the ref to be a head injury worthy of stopping the game immediately.

When Matty went down I think everyone who saw it thought neck injury, and yet the ref let the game go on, with players all running round his prone body. Idiot.

I'm relieved it's not career-threatening to be honest. Get well soon, Matty.

And you can send cards to the LRI if he's still there, but I'm pretty sure they won't let you visit.

***** SPOT ON******

I was 4th row SK3 and also in line and yes this was intent! I actually thought he had broke his Neck which was disturbing, the Ref should be repremanded for such an inept performance this could have been life threatening let alone career threatening... The Ref played on which I found dreadful.

On another point, The Donny Keeper could have been sporting and put the ball out from the goal kick as a bit of sportmanship.

Later on in the game Chambers did a face high challenge on GUSSY and the ref did nothing, and he even missed the yellow card incident and had to consult his linesman.

Overall very poor and I wish Matt a speedy recovery and good health.

Perhaps it looks worse on telly than it was at the game but to me there was no intent to play the ball. He just jumped in to him. Looked like a penalty to me and a yellow card. He looked like he intended to stop Fryatt no matter how. It however was not like the Hume incident last season so all this bollocks about banning the player is way over the top. Is just unfortunate and 99 times out of 100 the player would just dust himself down and play on.

From the main stand view (which was where I was sat) the Doncaster player puts his elbow and knee up for the collision. You obviously can't see this from that camera view, as it's the other side but he did. Now I suspect he did this to protect himself going into the collision, but in which case, then he's not playing the ball and so is dangerous play. However, I still don't think it was intentional as the rest of the team didn't protest or have a go at the Doncaster player, so they can't have thought there was intent.

Either way, it's all pretty academic as it doesn't change the fact Fryatt's out for a good chunk of the season.

Didn't look malicious to me both going for the ball, he shouldn't jump up but sometimes you do that to get out of the way, clumsy at worst.

Hope fryatt gets well soon, we'll miss him.....alot!

That's how i saw it to be honest. I dont think there was any intent to hurt Fryatt what so ever. Stock looked genuinely concerned for Fryatt after play was stopped and didn't move far away from the incident until he was carried off. Like it has been said already, either of them could of got hurt, it is just our misfortune that it's Fryatt.

:( Get well soon Matty.

Still, I love how it's now SEASON OVER. 'Kinell. We've got enough strikers that can do a job. Give Gallagher an extended run up front and let him show what he can really do.

hopefully well see gallagher get a game upfront now, but still think pearson will go with waghorn and howard?

hopefully well see gallagher get a game upfront now, but still think pearson will go with waghorn and howard?

His shot at an open goal last night doesn't really show much promise if he is to lead the line.

It's definitely season doomed if he's out for a long time.

Kermo: 0 goals

Howard: 2 goals

Gallagher: 2 goals

Waghorn: 5 goals

Embarassing. 9 goals between 4 strikers.

And Waghorns not scored in over 2 months since a penalty at Forest.

Fryatts not scored in a month and a half and that was also only a penalty against Sheffield United.

None of our strikers can score, without the touch of class from Fryatt we will be drawing a lot more games 0-0.

Obviously Dj needs to be recalled instantly if it's possible.

When I saw it live it just looked like a collision from the video to me it looks like Stock saw him coming, turned is body to hit him shoulder first if you like, to make sure whatever happened Fryatt wasn't going past him. Whether this was intentional or just him protecting himself is hard to tell

It's definitely season doomed if he's out for a long time.

Kermo: 0 goals

Howard: 2 goals

Gallagher: 2 goals

Waghorn: 5 goals

Embarassing. 9 goals between 4 strikers.

And Waghorns not scored in over 2 months since a penalty at Forest.

Fryatts not scored in a month and a half and that was also only a penalty against Sheffield United.

None of our strikers can score, without the touch of class from Fryatt we will be drawing a lot more games 0-0.

Obviously Dj needs to be recalled instantly if it's possible.

A shade misleading, don't you think? He spent nearly the rest of December suspended.

I'd rather see Robbie Neilson play up front for us than DJ Campbell, I wish DJ would just fook off elsewhere so I don't have to hear his name ever again.

Archived