Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fryatt

Hopefully one of the others can step up to the plate.

Also, Oakley and Wellens can contribute with goals.

I'm disappointed, for Fryatt more than anything, it's been his best season at this level by a long way.

Wellens can contribute with goals???????

What is that claim based on, check out the statistics, he used to get more red cards a season than goals.

Gutted to hear this news

Every cloud got a silver lining though and it should give Kermo a chance to break his scoring duck and for us to find out more about him and whether he will make the grade

Alternatively, get DJ back and restore his confidence!

And how would we restore his confidence?

If he wasn't offside, he'd miss as he always has done for us.

Let's not go back there.

Kermogant is supposedly the best finisher at the club, so he'd better shape up fast.

Or we get Kevin Phillips in on loan.

Stock's challenge was the kind of physical, over robust effort that the more skillful players have to put up with all the time.

I doubt there was intent to cause Fryatt real harm but there was was intent to let Fryatt know that he was about. Defenders do it all the time and whilst serious injury on last nights scale is rare it does take it out on players over the course of a season.

Having seen some of the Merseyside derby at the weekend, players suffered far worse tackles and walked away, Fryatt was really unlucky to be hurt by a robust, untidy tackle that was clearly meant as a 'reducer' (Ronglish), but was hardly vicious.

Good Luck Matty....

Sorry but I have to disagree. If I had done that to a person outside a pub on a Friday night I would be on a charge of assault. At best it was a yellow card and a penalty and should have been a straight red. He deliberately bodychecked Fryatt at he same time raising his shoulder into his face. A disgrace to the game.

Hardly malicious.

Either 1 of them could have ended up with a broken jaw, just a collision between the 2 which unfortunately injured our player.

Your having a laugh!

He jumped into fryatt, Foot, Elbow first. Straight into Fryatt with momentum. Should be done by the FA. If LCFC ain't putting a complaint in, Someone should. Why maintain a attitude of, 'We've lost our best player, Lets do fook all about it'

It also happened to be Fryatt, The player every team we play has to be extra careful of.

Can't for the life of me work out why so many City fans are being so tolerant over this cowardly, pathetic excuse for a challenge. This brainless tool clearly had only one thing on his mind; to clatter Fryatt and drop him like a sack of sh--.

50-50 My ass. The guy takes a running jump at him like he’s going for Gold in the Olympics and leads with his arm. The ball is spinning about 20 feet away by the end of contact. Matty isn’t exactly known for his aggression on a football pitch, a fact this numbskull probably weighed up before he decided to have a go.

Goes without saying that I hope he has a speedy recovery. We need him. I know he hasn’t scored since Boxing Day but it’s plainly obvious that he’s our most naturally-gifted player. When he’s on the pitch things happen, and we need a bit of spark juding by last night's dross-fest. I dare say this has significantly dented our playoff aspirations, hope I’m proven wrong.

Yet again we are on the end of a completely disgraceful decision.

Wellens is red carded over two nonsensical desicions by a referee and this kung-fu wannabe last night doesn't even get a talking to from the referee.

Disgrace.

Two poor referees in a row and here was me thinking this season the standard of officiating hasn't been particularly bad.

Can't for the life of me work out why so many City fans are being so tolerant over this cowardly, pathetic excuse for a challenge. This brainless tool clearly had only one thing on his mind; to clatter Fryatt and drop him like a sack of sh--.

50-50 My ass. The guy takes a running jump at him like he’s going for Gold in the Olympics and leads with his arm. The ball is spinning about 20 feet away by the end of contact. Matty isn’t exactly known for his aggression on a football pitch, a fact this numbskull probably weighed up before he decided to have a go.

Goes without saying that I hope he has a speedy recovery. We need him. I know he hasn’t scored since Boxing Day but it’s plainly obvious that he’s our most naturally-gifted player. When he’s on the pitch things happen, and we need a bit of spark juding by last night's dross-fest. I dare say this has significantly dented our playoff aspirations, hope I’m proven wrong.

After watching it over and over i have to agree with you,but i doubt nothing will be done they say that they are waiting for the refs report,thats a laugh he didnt even stop play w anker

And how would we restore his confidence?

If he wasn't offside, he'd miss as he always has done for us.

Let's not go back there.

Kermogant is supposedly the best finisher at the club, so he'd better shape up fast.

Or we get Kevin Phillips in on loan.

Maybe that he doesn't have to live under Fryatt's shadow or something? We can offer him his final chance

Jesus, only logical explaination Stock can offer is that he thought Matty was going to cross but he doesn't look like he is going to-its a disgraceful challenge

My initial thought was no malice intended but on seeing the video its a shocker.

The so called officials who take charge of these games are out of their depth, employed by a football association that is equally inept.

Get well soon Matt. I am looking forward to giving Stock some shit at the away game.

Wellens can contribute with goals???????

What is that claim based on, check out the statistics, he used to get more red cards a season than goals.

:D:D Those stats aren't convincing. Wellens has failed to score at all in the Championship this season and has only had seven shots on target in his league appearances to date (eight all told).

Taped Central News and have just watched it back, what a shocker. It was a cowards challenge Matty's gone for a 50-50

and this guy has turned his back and jumped into him, how the ref never gave him a straight red and awarded a penalty

defies belief . Hopefully the F.A might act if they watch the footage but I won't hold my breath.

Agree with this. :thumbup:

I take back what I said. Disgusting challenge.

Same here, having seen it a few times on TV I have changed my mind, it wasnt an innocent clash he turned himself and jumped up into Mattys face. Terrible and reckless.

Thought it looked a 50/50 at the time, although after watching the vid he spins and jumps in the air so he must know theres no chance of getting the ball. Quite a clumsey challenge, Ref should of stopped it a.s.a.p which was a joke.

Give him some shit for me when we play Donny aswell!

Thought it looked a 50/50 at the time, although after watching the vid he spins and jumps in the air so he must know theres no chance of getting the ball. Quite a clumsey challenge, Ref should of stopped it a.s.a.p which was a joke.

Give him some shit for me when we play Donny aswell!

He does get the ball, it was more the follow through that's disgusting.

The more I watch it, the worse it looks. There doesn't seem to be any effort to play the ball, he just takes Matty out. You could say it was a clumsy challenge, but there's more to it than that, there's a degree of intent.

Disgrace.

Archived